Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)

Read 30816 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)
      Jul 10, 2014 04:34:41 pm
      http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/388269/Liverpool-closing-in-on-Arsenal-target-Wilfried-Bony

Reports earlier today claimed that Reds boss Brendan Rodgers was keen to lure Bony to Anfield as a replacement for Luis Suarez, who is on the brink of a £53m move to Barcelona.

But fresh reports now claim that the deal is close to being completed and that Bony's representatives are currently in the north-west discussing personal terms ahead of a possible move to Anfield.

The two clubs have not yet agreed a fee for Ivory Coast international, but according to reports, Swansea want a minimum of £20m for their star striker.

If Liverpool were to sign Bony, he would become the club's fourth summer signing.

The Reds have already secured the services of England stars Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert from Southampton, as well as Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2014 04:51:24 pm by bazspeedman »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2014 04:54:33 pm
      http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/388269/Liverpool-closing-in-on-Arsenal-target-Wilfried-Bony

Reports earlier today claimed that Reds boss Brendan Rodgers was keen to lure Bony to Anfield as a replacement for Luis Suarez, who is on the brink of a £53m move to Barcelona.

But fresh reports now claim that the deal is close to being completed and that Bony's representatives are currently in the north-west discussing personal terms ahead of a possible move to Anfield.

The two clubs have not yet agreed a fee for Ivory Coast international, but according to reports, Swansea want a minimum of £20m for their star striker.

If Liverpool were to sign Bony, he would become the club's fourth summer signing.

The Reds have already secured the services of England stars Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert from Southampton, as well as Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen.
      Highly doubt there is any truth in this.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2014 06:08:20 pm
      A lot better strike options out there. This one baffles me.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,133 posts | 2772 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2014 06:29:43 pm
      Before we start knocking it. Realise this.

Benzema who we would all love to sign scored 17 la liga goals from 34 starts. That with one of the best sides in the world and being helped out by the likes of Ronaldo Di Maria Alonso Modric and so on

Bony scored 16 premier league goals from 27 starts for Swansea. Swansea don't have anybody in the calibre of Real Madrids players to be helping Bony out.

Now based on them stats tell me why this would be a bad signing?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2014 06:32:15 pm

Benzema who we would all love to sign scored 17 la liga goals from 34 starts. That with one of the best sides in the world and being helped out by the likes of Ronaldo Di Maria Alonso Modric and so on

Bony scored 16 premier league goals from 27 starts for Swansea. Swansea don't have anybody in the calibre of Real Madrids players to be helping Bony out.

It's just not a name Brian...we gotta have a name.

Thought you knew that by now!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,133 posts | 2772 
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2014 06:35:40 pm
      It's just not a name Brian...we gotta have a name.

Thought you knew that by now!

A point I raised last night mate. Depending on your name or your club you can be seen as a brilliant target or a waste of time. Had Bony scored those goals with say Monaco last year Id bet that people would see it as a far better potential then what they will now
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2014 06:39:52 pm
      A point I raised last night mate. Depending on your name or your club you can be seen as a brilliant target or a waste of time. Had Bony scored those goals with say Monaco last year Id bet that people would see it as a far better potential then what they will now

To much common sense being spoken now, I'll get my coat  :f_run:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2014 06:40:34 pm
      To me- from what I've seen of Bony, he looks like a useful player, very strong and can hold the ball up and not be bullied. He'll get a bag full of goals too.
      If the boss wants him then why am I going to moan about it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2014 06:47:20 pm
      My one reservation on Bony, who I think is an excellent player, is the African nations cup thing which is a royal pain in the @rse. Equally, he'll cost an arm and a leg. 22-25 mill in my opinion.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #9: Jul 10, 2014 06:49:44 pm
      Rumours are gathering pace with SSN mentioning  strong interest from BR...
      "We are hearing Liverpool are stepping up their interest in Swansea striker Wilfried Bony. Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to add to his attacking options with Luis Suarez on the verge of a move to Barcelona and Bony is thought to figure highly on Rodgers' wanted list. Liverpool are believed to have sounded out Bony's agents about a possible move to Anfield with a number of other Premier League clubs also monitoring the Ivory Coast star's situation at Swansea."

Not sure if credible but Skybet has us at <1 odds. Cheers.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,133 posts | 2772 
      Reply #10: Jul 10, 2014 06:51:09 pm
      My one reservation on Bony, who I think is an excellent player, is the African nations cup thing which is a royal pain in the @rse. Equally, he'll cost an arm and a leg. 22-25 mill in my opinion.

That's a fair shout. Are his country involved for sure?
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #11: Jul 10, 2014 06:53:23 pm
      African Cup is played every year now during month of January. Competition lasts 2 weeks. Ivory Coast is almost always qualified to the African Cup and usually makes it through to the Semi-finals. So it is a yearly pain in the arse for sure...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Jul 10, 2014 09:14:11 pm
      I f***in hate when people knock potential signings just because that player is not in the world re known bracket,

Ff's pull your head out of your arses, Bony may not be of the Sanchez's or Benzema's level but who's to say he won't become as prolific, personally I don't think he is a bad option at all, he is very powerful and will be a great asset to any attack minded side like we are,
      and even if he does cost £20m+ so f***in what there is still plenty left for other top players,

We need players coming in hitting the ground running, we have brought players in that can do that with the exception of Can,

If it is indeed true and it's come from Brendan or his sources then I'm confident enough to trust his judgement,

I like this idea very much if I'm honest and despite the ANC, it could prove a very shrewd piece of business,

Time some folk started trusting our gaffer and believe what he is trying to achieve !

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #13: Jul 10, 2014 09:20:42 pm
      Some good points.

I'd give him a whirl.
      Scottbot

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #14: Jul 10, 2014 10:37:41 pm
      Cracking player BUT i'm convinced we are more likely to buy a player who can play as both a 9 and in wide areas. We've got 2 decent number 9's so I can't see us spending the big money on another one such as Bony who does not have the versatility to play in other areas. I do like him though.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #15: Jul 10, 2014 10:43:47 pm
      He's excellent love him get him in Brendan top player the dogs nollocks potential superstar.
      And he won me a nice figure of dosh when he scored that last minute winner against the Manc sh*te at old toilet.:-)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16: Jul 10, 2014 11:14:13 pm

Allow me to answer this then. Benzema scored five goals in the Champion's League last season and has eight seasons of Champion's League and title challenging experience under his belt. In total he has scored 24 Champions League goals in 45 appearances in that competition. His total club goals for Real is 111 in 235 appearances which is a goal ration just short of 1:2. What's not to like here? Why would you choose Bony over Benzema?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Jul 10, 2014 11:22:18 pm
      Personally wouldn't be keen on either. I get the feeling Benzema would struggle in the Premier League and Bony would struggle having to perform at the highest level consistently.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #18: Jul 10, 2014 11:25:08 pm
      Cracking player BUT i'm convinced we are more likely to buy a player who can play as both a 9 and in wide areas. We've got 2 decent number 9's so I can't see us spending the big money on another one such as Bony who does not have the versatility to play in other areas. I do like him though.

Sturridge can play both wide and as a 9 so we already have that option. I can see us go for Bony myself.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #19: Jul 11, 2014 03:13:06 am
      Bony is class and would be a great addition. He reminds me of Drogba the way he plays with his back to the goal. He is strong, fast and great at 1-2s. He also wins majority of the headers despite being not very tall.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #20: Jul 11, 2014 06:42:52 am
      Would be well down my list.

Why is it that no top club besides Liverpool were are willing to pay over £20m for Lallala? Or Lovren? Or Bony?

These players are not in high demand among elite clubs for a reason.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #21: Jul 11, 2014 07:01:41 am
      Would be well down my list.

Why is it that no top club besides Liverpool were are willing to pay over £20m for Lallala? Or Lovren? Or Bony?

These players are not in high demand among elite clubs for a reason.

Neither were Suarez, Coutinho or Sturridge.

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #22: Jul 11, 2014 07:11:09 am
      Suarez was at Ajax, Holland's biggest and a four times European cup winning club.
      Sturridge was at Chelsea.
      Coutinho was at Inter Milan.

They were already at big clubs for a reason.

Quick Reply