Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)

Read 30824 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)
      Reply #115: Jul 11, 2014 09:07:14 pm
      He got 25 goals in 48 games. Not bad and 16 were in the league (not 17).

I'm still not sure he'd be able to make the step up though.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #116: Jul 11, 2014 09:43:24 pm
      What's with chairmen of clubs and their dislike of Liverpool?

Blackpool chairman refusing to answer calls from us in relation to Charlie Adam at one time.
      Dnipro's owner/chairman F***ing us about over Konoplyanka.
      Huw Jenkins blabbing on about some gentleman's agreement about us signing Swansea players when Brendan took charge, and now about Bony.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #117: Jul 11, 2014 09:46:02 pm
      What's with chairmen of clubs and their dislike of Liverpool?

Blackpool chairman refusing to answer calls from us in relation to Charlie Adam at one time.
      Dnipro's owner/chairman f**king us about over Konoplyanka.
      Huw Jenkins blabbing on about some gentleman's agreement about us signing Swansea players when Brendan took charge, and now about Bony.

Well maybe it's not us...maybe it's the fact that those three are all soft turds?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #118: Jul 11, 2014 09:58:20 pm
      Well maybe it's not us...maybe it's the fact that those three are all soft turds?

:laugh: Maybe.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #119: Jul 11, 2014 10:32:14 pm
      His stats at Vitesse Arnhem is also notable. 51 goals in 66 appearances. That is very impressive even in Eredivisie.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #120: Jul 11, 2014 10:50:02 pm
      His stats at Vitesse Arnhem is also notable. 51 goals in 66 appearances. That is very impressive even in Eredivisie.

But it's a weak league, look at what happened last time we bought someone from there  :f_tongueincheek:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #121: Jul 11, 2014 10:53:34 pm
      But it's a weak league, look at what happened last time we bought someone from there  :f_tongueincheek:

Bier
      Reply #122: Jul 11, 2014 11:17:55 pm

Yep, Assaidi didn't really work out did he ;D
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #123: Jul 11, 2014 11:20:47 pm
      Yep, Assaidi didn't really work out did he ;D

My point exactly!

Ok last time we bought a striker from there ;-)
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #124: Jul 11, 2014 11:37:59 pm
      He is very good actually. I think he would be a good option off the bench or in games where we need to bully central defenders
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #125: Jul 11, 2014 11:54:04 pm
      I wouldn't be opposed to signing him. He's a strong lad that doesn't get knocked off the ball easily and he scores goals. He scored what 26 in all comps last season playing with Swansea. Can see him getting a sh*t load for us with the Class he will have around him here.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #126: Jul 12, 2014 04:26:00 am
      first post so xxxxx:action-smiley-065: disablites stoped me joining till now, wonders of new tech, followed fourm constant followed all trending issues and aware of lengeds on site that are a class act that really know their stuff, and others real characters, hope to contribute best i can

Welcome irishpool!
      Thank goodness for the wonders of technology as there aren't as many wise and knowledgable followers of our illustrious club on here as you think!
      Look forward to your future insightful posts!
      PS....This is a damn good forum....many a smart, witty and liverpool loving folk on here!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #127: Jul 12, 2014 04:29:51 am

Whenever i read anyone talking about impressive stats in the dutch league i always think of Alfonso Alves....what a disaster he was for Boro!
      Think Bony is a damn good player.....just not sure about how much more improvement he has in him other than the fortune that comes with working with a higher standard of player that he'd benefit from at our club.
      Also, makes me wonder how Lambert must now be feeling and what his role could potentially be for us.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #128: Jul 12, 2014 01:45:54 pm
      WalesOnline
      Swansea City striker Wilfried Bony appears to be heading closer to a £19m move to Liverpool with Brendan Rodgers told he can snatch the Ivory Cost star by matching the player's release clause

Our next #9?  :-\ Undecided I should accept..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #129: Jul 12, 2014 02:01:25 pm
      Nothing against the player, but I'm out.

Plus I'm sure he will be missing in the new year, 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

Important time of the season, and he'd be in Morocco.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #130: Jul 12, 2014 02:27:06 pm
      Wouldn't say he was worth £19m myself. Doesn't seem like the kind of striker to suit our style of football, but what do I know?

I'm not a huge fan of him and, although he is a very pure finisher and probably the best at scoring headed goals in the league, very few of his goals were scored on the counter attack which is my worry. He may be able to adapt but I just can't see him forming one of the fluid front three.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #131: Jul 12, 2014 03:59:34 pm
      This move does not excite me. Don't get me wrong, Bony is a good player, but I'm not sure he exactly fits in here with how we play. Would rather we went for a more versatile player.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #132: Jul 12, 2014 05:06:25 pm
      The more I think about this signing the more I see the positives, imagine all the hustling in the box with him there, loose balls ,while the defense is in disarray, falling to Sturridge or Lambert and Bony poaching a load. He is built like Hesky but doesn't fall over when someone farts near him.

I appreciate that he isn't the style of Striker some want or were expecting, for me he is ideal because we have all those graceful dribblers and technical players around him, we only need him to stay in the box and convert the balls all our magicians will be providing the strikers with... our bench and options for a different team to put out for grittier games etc will be improved beyond recognition compared to the stingy half-squad we had last year (and look at what we achieved or nearly did too).

Can't believe I'm actually enjoying a transfer window! Hopefully the other strongly linked players come too
      (including Bony,  I'm not sure if it will go ahead).
      :)
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #133: Jul 12, 2014 05:09:28 pm
      My point exactly!

Ok last time we bought a striker from there ;-)

Babel & Kuyt? Albeit Babel was a winger come forward. Kuyt though was supposedly bought for his goal scoring prowess 71 goals from 101 appearances for Feyenoord.

Not really arsed about Bony one way or the other.What's the point in spunking a wad of cash just for the sake of it? There are no strikers who even come close to Suarez's caliber around at the moment and from what the rumours suggest Brendan wants a load more goals to come from the midfielders and wingers. Last seasons tactics were built on the foundation of Luis, this season he's expected to tweek his tactics a la Barca and flood the midfield areas playing with one lone striker. It's going to be interesting to see how Brendan gets his new team to create space and get in behind the oppositions defences now that Luis not there to 'pull' players out of position.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #134: Jul 12, 2014 06:45:38 pm
      I have to say that surely as a club you have a list of players for positions and you work down it if you can't secure your first choice (Sanchez) you move to your second.. Are we really suggesting Bony was no.2 on that list?

F**k me, get the bic out again Buck
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #135: Jul 12, 2014 07:00:03 pm
      I have to say that surely as a club you have a list of players for positions and you work down it if you can't secure your first choice (Sanchez) you move to your second.. Are we really suggesting Bony was no.2 on that list?

F**k me, get the bic out again Buck

Good point but I'd bet if we get Bony, he'll score more than Sanchez this upcoming season.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #136: Jul 12, 2014 07:08:05 pm
      Good point but I'd bet if we get Bony, he'll score more than Sanchez this upcoming season.

I'm not sure mate

Not that he may not out score Sanchez if he stayed at Swansea but I just don't see him as a fit here really.

I was using Sanchez as a hypothetical rather than exact.. I just meant that if Bony is 1 or 2 on our target list then I think more time needs spending on that list
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #137: Jul 12, 2014 07:10:26 pm
      I'm not sure mate

Not that he may not out score Sanchez if he stayed at Swansea but I just don't see him as a fit here really.

I was using Sanchez as a hypothetical rather than exact.. I just meant that if Bony is 1 or 2 on our target list then I think more time needs spending on that list
      Bony could be signed to replace Borini and Aspas. I still think we'll sign someone better.

Quick Reply