Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Lucas Leiva (Napoli)

Read 21416 times
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 421 posts | 21 
      Lucas Leiva (Napoli)
      Jul 10, 2014 06:56:35 pm
      It seems almost a certainty now that Lucas will be heading to Napoli to reunite with Rafa...
      Quote from Napoli club president on SSN:
      "Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis appeared to confirm the club's interest in Swansea striker Michu and Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva to Sky Italia today: "Who will arrive between Leiva and Michu? Maybe there could be a third player...""

I am surprised that Swansea would let both Michu and Bony leave at the same time...?!?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Napoli)
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2014 07:09:56 pm
      Would be sad to see him go :(

Fantastic player when fit, kept things composed and simple, our best short passer as well as defensive midfielder currently in the squad. Still think he's good enough for top level football.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2014 07:17:33 pm
      And if Lucas leaves (hate how that sounds, he always gave 100%, even if not always was brilliant),  how much are we valueing him
       saw some post in this forum , in other threads with Lucas valued @ 5M, WTF , with all these sky high prices being thrown around for midfielders

Just hope that if he goes we cash some decent and good sum for him

YNWA
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2014 07:19:09 pm
      And if Lucas leaves (hate how that sounds, he always gave 100%, even if not always was brilliant),  how much are we valueing him
       saw some post in this forum , in other threads with Lucas valued @ 5M, WTF , with all these sky high prices being thrown around for midfielders

Just hope that if he goes we cash some decent and good sum for him

YNWA

Apparently Napoli are offering 12mil euros but we are holding out for 15
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2014 07:22:41 pm
      Apparently Napoli are offering 12mil euros but we are holding out for 15

thats  not as bad as I was fearing
       we will miss him , He will be good for the italian style football

YNWA
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2014 07:26:05 pm
      Would be sad to see him go - he's been my favourite player. Unfortunately his injury means he will be suited to a less physical game now.

He will boss it over there and Napoli will pay us more than any other club so it's good business if we get 15m euros. Having said that, he would also be a good squad option to cover Stevie if the deal doesn't go through.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2014 08:15:29 pm
      Gutted to see him go. Unsung hero. I understand the reasoning behind the move but some players just pull at the heart strings.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2014 08:19:06 pm
      Seriously doubt that Napoli will buy Lucas. They may try to loan him, but I don't think they have the money to buy him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2014 09:16:05 pm
      Seriously doubt that Napoli will buy Lucas. They may try to loan him, but I don't think they have the money to buy him.

Mate if they offer 12 million Euros, I'll personally etc etc etc. I'll start off with admitting I was wrong about how much he was/is worth. My guess is though that we'll end up letting him go on loan as you say, and that when he gets there he won't get in the team. As it is though he'll rarely get in ours either, so it is possible to frame an argument that it's not a bad move. For my part though, I can't believe that at some stage in the Champions League we won't be glad we have him when we need to close a game off so if there's no fee I'd keep him. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Jul 10, 2014 09:33:31 pm
      Don't think he has been the same player since his last injury, seems to have lost some pace and perhaps confidence to, having said that tho his first team appearances have been few & far between in recent times,

I think he is past his best now if I'm honest and perhaps it is best for all concerned he moves on,

I think the pace in Italy will suit his performance levels and Rafa recognises this fact, I think he is 28 now so he is no spring chicken either footballing wise,

it would be a shame if his remaining time here was spent warming the bench hoping for the odd 20 mins here or there, he's better than that,

If he were to go I'm sure most fans will wish him well and will remember his good points rather than his not so good points, very good player and like had already been mentioned a unsung hero.

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Jul 10, 2014 09:58:51 pm
      Noooooooooo :'(
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 11, 2014 11:50:55 pm
      I would be a good move for all concerned. Gerrard and Can will fight for the DM position and Lucas in a slower league will get enough game time to fight for a place in the brazillian squad. A true gent
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #12: Jul 12, 2014 12:15:20 am
      Great servant alas Father Time waits for no man especially one who has been hampered with serious knee injuries.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13: Jul 12, 2014 12:46:33 am
      He's been a great servant of the club and deserves to do more than warm the bench each week. Unfortunately that's the best he can hope for with us so this is a good move for the lad. I wish him luck over there.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #14: Jul 12, 2014 04:18:41 am
      Amazing how young he still is and as someone else wrote, he was also one of my fav players.
      Always have a soft spot for those that lack in some areas of play but make up for with heart and determination.
      Agree that Serie A is probably a great fit for him as since the numerous injuries, he just hasn't ben the same player.
      Slower pace of Italy may suit him perfectly.
      Hope he stays but if he is off, then i wish him well, remember him fondly and look forward to watching his career progress elsewhere.
      Great man and servant to our club.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15: Jul 31, 2014 08:51:04 am
      With Rafa looking to replace Behrami with Fellaini, I doubt they would shell out for 2 midfielders
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #16: Jul 31, 2014 09:00:29 am
      Well didn't do himself any harm in the small cameo last night if Napoli are sniffing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #17: Jul 31, 2014 09:21:48 am
      Well didn't do himself any harm in the small cameo last night if Napoli are sniffing.

He was quality last night and if he is getting back to his old pre knee injury form we would be idiots to sell him.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #18: Jul 31, 2014 09:29:27 am
      Every one loves sir Leiva. he was here and proved fans wrong by being voted player of the season.
      What's my point? He is not creative enough nor is he the answer to anything we need. We all need to move on; under a new manager/coach.
      Lucas needs to go, if he doesn't; I'll still love him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: Jul 31, 2014 10:32:37 am
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #20: Jul 31, 2014 10:38:45 am
      Every one loves sir Leiva. he was here and proved fans wrong by being voted player of the season.
      What's my point? He is not creative enough nor is he the answer to anything we need. We all need to move on; under a new manager/coach.
      Lucas needs to go, if he doesn't; I'll still love him.

Lucas is a DM not a deep lying play maker like Stevie so it's not his role to be creative. We need DM cover as I feel Can will be more effective as a box to box midfielder like Toure not a DM.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #21: Jul 31, 2014 10:41:38 am
      IMHO- At the moment I think if LIVERPOOL  needs to get rid of a midfielder for me It won't be Lucas- it would be allen , even on loan, for me  he is the less performant of all midfielders- but to be honest don't think BR wants to part with Joe

YNWA
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22: Jul 31, 2014 10:44:34 am
      Sadly I think it's time for him to move on, we have lots of options in his position and the old knees aren't what they used to be. Good luck rejoining Rafa Lucas!

And once more for old times sake:

I told you he'd come good ;)

Quick Reply