Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)

Read 73329 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)
      Reply #989: Sep 09, 2014 04:12:00 pm
      Brendan wanted to sell Borini but Borini dug his heels in

So did Henderson 2 years ago

Brendan will be obligated to use him since he is on the payroll..

Never been one sign of the boss doing this, the only time he has played what I would call questionable players is when he has had no other choice.

That's like asking if Ribapuru is good for LFC Reds...Ponder that question a bit will ya?

to me it is Contrapositive logic as the answer to both statements is a resounding no.

Don't use big words your head will wobble.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #990: Sep 09, 2014 04:24:31 pm
      Borini has to prove himself. Aston Villa will be a tough game based on their form. People saying it is only Villa should look at the league table. I don't think it is wise to play Sturridge even if he says he is fit as it is too much of a rush. Then we have the champions league game.. I'd imagine Sturridge will be fit for west ham...then maybe give Borini a start against Middlesborough to give Balotelli and Sturridge a rest since they will be tired and it also gives Borini a chance to prove himself as 3rd or 4th striker before we play Everton. that is how I would do it, if Borini doesn't perform then I would give him another chance in the next league cup game... keep doing that until the January transfer window.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #991: Sep 10, 2014 09:24:43 am
      Since you found the fact I used the word logic so amusing, ask youself this... is Borini good for Liverpool... is Liverpool good for Borini, to me it is Contrapositive logic as the answer to both statements is a resounding no.
      Oh holy F**k; how many personalities are in there pooru?   ;D

Seriously mate; there's either three or four people posting using your name or you've a split personality. Listen; you don't do sarcasm and you don't do intelligent. Whoever fed you the contraposition argument clearly was unaware of the context of the debate (or what it really means).

You ask the question; "is Borini good for Liverpool... is Liverpool good for Borini". F**k only knows why you asked that... maybe so that you could use the word 'contrapositive' but the fact is; that "question" had already been answered.

"If Brendan picks Borini, because he's in form, then the team you 'support' will benefit and that's a good thing; right?"...

"If Borini is not picked, because he's not good enough to get into a winning team, then you will have nothing to fret, mewl and whinge about."

Put really, really, simply: logic dictates that Borini will only play for Liverpool if it's "good for Liverpool"... unless, of course, you believe that Brendan would pick a player who he thought wasn't "good for Liverpool". Do you believe that Ribap?

Brendan will be obligated to use him since he is on the payroll
      Really? Here's that old logic argument again mate. Sorry.  :-[

There's no evidence, whatsoever, to suggest that Brendan Rodgers feels obligated to play any player; much less Borini - unless that player is 'right' for Liverpool. He hasn't played him in the past; why would he now?

Anyhow, back to your question: "is Borini good for Liverpool". Well you seem to think so...

then maybe give Borini a start against Middlesborough to give Balotelli and Sturridge a rest since they will be tired and it also gives Borini a chance to prove himself as 3rd or 4th striker before we play Everton. that is how I would do it, if Borini doesn't perform then I would give him another chance in the next league cup game... keep doing that until the January transfer window.
      ;D

Do I smell yet another U-turn? Isn't that ^^^ the very argument people were using as to why we [Liverpool] are better off with him in the squad?   :-\

Listen Ribap, I'll make no bones about this: I don't believe that there's a malicious bone in your body and unlike others, you never intentionally set out to wind people up. A bit 'slow', yes; lacking in the brain department [to the tune of one], yes but not malicious.

The thing is, others do; so please think, then think again, before you post. People will 'pull' you; people will ask you to support your argument.

Most people have no issue with you, or anyone else, not rating Borini mate. It's only the constant rhyming on, without  bringing anything new to the table and your inconsistency which grates.

Anyhow... take care, be good and try to think before you post.  ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2014 09:37:42 am by bad boy bubby »

Quick Reply