Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Lucas Leiva (Napoli)

Read 21408 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Napoli)
      Reply #138: Aug 23, 2014 05:18:23 pm
      http://www.football-italia.net/54789/napoli-agree-lucas-leiva-terms

I feel we'll be light in the center unless we bring in a DM/CM.. January may be..

Well we don't have much time to replace him now but who knows maybe we have a replacement already lined up.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #139: Aug 23, 2014 06:37:08 pm
      Sportmediaset - Napoli have agreed terms with Liverpool for Lucas Leiva on loan with option to buy.Napoli would pay €2m to have the Brazilian midfielder on loan for one season, plus an option to buy for a further €10m in July 2015

F**king loans!! Seriously livid..

If we can get Alex Song on loan, then this deal sounds okay..

As long as it is a low threshold to trigger the option to buy then I'm fine with it. Just don't want to loan him out just to get him back next summer....

Also, we definitely need another defensive minded CM now. Not sure who a realistic target is, but my dream signing would be Pogba. Great young player and it would puss the mancs off something special!!
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #140: Aug 23, 2014 07:02:34 pm
      As long as it is a low threshold to trigger the option to buy then I'm fine with it. Just don't want to loan him out just to get him back next summer....

Also, we definitely need another defensive minded CM now. Not sure who a realistic target is, but my dream signing would be Pogba. Great young player and it would puss the mancs off something special!!

Yeah, but you know full well how these greasy so and so's operate. They'll haggle the price or ship him back.

As for Pogba - aren't we dealing with his agent right now? ;) ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #141: Aug 23, 2014 08:10:56 pm
      Good luck to the lad if he goes.
      The Italian league will suit him better.
      Sadly he's not been the same since his injury, although some have never recognised that he is a quality player.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #142: Aug 23, 2014 09:03:39 pm
      Good luck to the lad if he goes.
      The Italian league will suit him better.
      Sadly he's not been the same since his injury, although some have never recognised that he is a quality player.

Indeed he is a quality player and as far as I know has never caused the clubs any problems. He has been an excellent club man.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,126 posts | 127 
      Reply #143: Aug 23, 2014 09:37:25 pm
      The lad is only 27, should be in the peak of his career. Gutted for him that injuries have taken their toll in the prem, but hopefully the slower pace of the Italian league may be more suited to him.
      Good luck Lucas.  YNWA.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #144: Aug 23, 2014 10:12:43 pm
      I really hope he stays.
      He is a very important influence and role model for all the players at the club.
      Also feel that we will need his level head and experience in the coming season.
      If he goes, I wish him all the best. Been a brilliant servant for us. What a strong character he is to have dealt with so much uncertainty and big injuries during his time here and still to have been a great player for us.
      One of my favs of the last 10 years.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #145: Aug 24, 2014 08:59:25 am
      It seems a bit pointless to me loaning Lucas out. He´s not on huge money, Napoli obviously aren´t going to pay 10 million Euros for him after a year, and there is every chance that he will be handy to have for us at some stage this season. Just because he can´t play WITH Gerrard it doesn´t mean he can´t play without him, and my guess is the captain won´t play every game.

I´ve made no secret of the fact that I´m not his biggest fan in terms of his football ability, but for 2 million Euros this deal has no merit for me unless we are bringing in a better replacement (Song etc). Let Napoli offer a sensible transfer fee (4-5 million quid would be an excellent deal for us IMHO) then lets talk about it. 
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #146: Aug 24, 2014 10:06:40 am
      This what I hate most, loaning a player to an Italian club
      its the way most Italian clubs try to do business nowadays
      they always try to scr*w you by  the option to buy clause,, they try to make you pay part  or half of the player's wage
       in the end thyey end up having the service of your player for a year for nearly NOTHING
      When loaning a not so young player , it means he is not in your plans  IMO ( for young players like Texeira-Ibe-alberto-and all the under 20 players, its a different story)
       I would ask for say 2M for the loan(as its reported for lucas, and if they don't buy after the year passes they have to pay an extra million

Hope we don't loan him out ,UNLESS there is another addition to the squad like Song
      YNWA
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2014 10:23:07 am by carragerrard »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #147: Aug 24, 2014 10:13:25 am
      It seems a bit pointless to me loaning Lucas out. He´s not on huge money, Napoli obviously aren´t going to pay 10 million Euros for him after a year, and there is every chance that he will be handy to have for us at some stage this season. Just because he can´t play WITH Gerrard it doesn´t mean he can´t play without him, and my guess is the captain won´t play every game.

I´ve made no secret of the fact that I´m not his biggest fan in terms of his football ability, but for 2 million Euros this deal has no merit for me unless we are bringing in a better replacement (Song etc). Let Napoli offer a sensible transfer fee (4-5 million quid would be an excellent deal for us IMHO) then lets talk about it. 

I agree mate, can't see much benefit to loaning him out. Think we must be bringing someone in if it's true.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #148: Aug 24, 2014 10:42:11 am
      Seems to me a bit like looking at a car that's for sale for 10K, then saying to the fella "tell you what, I'll keep it for a year and pay you 1K for the privilege. If I still like it after a year, I'll pay you the other 9 grand. Oh and by the way, is it OK if you pay for half the petrol n'all?".

We get properly mugged off by the whole process IMHO.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #149: Aug 24, 2014 11:23:07 am
      I don't even see Song a better player than Lucas, and he'll probably demand higher wages too, doesn't worth the risk. But bringing Khedira in his place would be a fantastic move.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #150: Aug 24, 2014 11:25:14 am
      Agree with Mick and Saint.

No benefit at all in loaning Lucas out. If he's not in Brendan's plans just get a deal done to sell him.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #151: Aug 24, 2014 09:50:16 pm
      Yep spot on Si. If he leaves we get paid, no F***ing loan deals especially with those Italians.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #152: Aug 25, 2014 01:27:05 am
      Seems to me a bit like looking at a car that's for sale for 10K, then saying to the fella "tell you what, I'll keep it for a year and pay you 1K for the privilege. If I still like it after a year, I'll pay you the other 9 grand. Oh and by the way, is it OK if you pay for half the petrol n'all?".

We get properly mugged off by the whole process IMHO.

:D Funny but so true!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #153: Aug 25, 2014 04:24:05 am
      I really hope he stays.
      He is a very important influence and role model for all the players at the club.
      Also feel that we will need his level head and experience in the coming season.
      If he goes, I wish him all the best. Been a brilliant servant for us. What a strong character he is to have dealt with so much uncertainty and big injuries during his time here and still to have been a great player for us.
      One of my favs of the last 10 years.
      Agreed mate, and I also hope Lucas leaving not affecting Coutinho that much.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #154: Aug 27, 2014 04:17:35 pm
      So we are saying goodbye to Lucas too
       according to reports he is off to Napoli on a season long loan with an option of a permanent move for 10M (f*ckin loan deals with italian clubs)

Pretty sure they will do a reina again in a year's time

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2014/liverpool-and-napoli-reach-agreement-over-lucas-leiva/

Don't know how reliable this is , but it is reported in the italian media too
      The Gazzetta dello Sport today report that in fact Napoli have an agreement with the Reds already reached, to pay €1.8m for an initial season-long loan, with a purchase option at its conclusion set at €10m.

YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #155: Aug 27, 2014 05:04:15 pm
      Great lad but not a big loss in terms of quality. Plus it means Can will get more playing time this season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #156: Aug 27, 2014 05:11:17 pm
      You're breaking my balls, Rafa.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #157: Aug 27, 2014 05:14:44 pm

Had a great year playing in a rather negative Rafa system, unfortunately he hasnt got the dynamism eye for a pass or even pace to flourish in Brendan's system.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #158: Aug 27, 2014 05:20:31 pm
      Had a great year playing in a rather negative Rafa system, unfortunately he hasnt got the dynamism eye for a pass or even pace to flourish in Brendan's system.

Not what I'm talking about, AT ALL.

Buy a F***ing player, Rafa.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #159: Aug 27, 2014 05:24:26 pm

I think his passing is very underrated.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #160: Aug 27, 2014 05:56:07 pm
      another Napoli LOAN deal
       Stay assured that whatever Lucas's performances , even if they are very very good with the italian club they won't fork 10M for him at the end , they try to take him for 5 or less, they did not spend 3/4 M for Reina who had a good season , at least they are giving LFC  1.8Meuros for the loan,, just hope we are not paying part of the wages in return
       YNWA

Quick Reply