Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Lucas Leiva (Napoli)

Read 21417 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Napoli)
      Reply #23: Jul 31, 2014 10:52:54 am
      IMHO- At the moment I think if LIVERPOOL  needs to get rid of a midfielder for me It won't be Lucas- it would be allen... he is the less performant of all midfielder...
      Me too mate. Even with his injury last season Lucas still played more than Allen. Then again; Lucas is harder to pay than Joe so Allen keeps his place on that alone.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #24: Jul 31, 2014 11:37:34 am
      IMHO- At the moment I think if LIVERPOOL  needs to get rid of a midfielder for me It won't be Lucas- it would be allen , even on loan, for me  he is the less performant of all midfielders- but to be honest don't think BR wants to part with Joe

YNWA

I agree mate. He is our Tom Cleverly in that he's a neat little player but does absolutely F**k all. Lucas has the experience Allen doesn't and isn't scared to get stuck in. I think Allen has been one of our more disappointing transfers under BR. Not good enough for us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25: Jul 31, 2014 12:21:36 pm
      I agree mate. He is our Tom Cleverly in that he's a neat little player but does absolutely f**k all. Lucas has the experience Allen doesn't and isn't scared to get stuck in. I think Allen has been one of our more disappointing transfers under BR. Not good enough for us.

Remember, he isn't playing in his natural position. Stick him as a central midfielder in a more defensive role , and I think he'll shine.

I don't think Allen is as bad as how people make him out to be. Yes, he's not as good as Henderson playing in the box-box role, but he's still reasonably good enough to cover or be a backup.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #26: Jul 31, 2014 12:38:38 pm
      Remember, he isn't playing in his natural position. Stick him as a central midfielder in a more defensive role , and I think he'll shine.

I don't think Allen is as bad as how people make him out to be. Yes, he's not as good as Henderson playing in the box-box role, but he's still reasonably good enough to cover or be a backup.
      He was shocking last night, truly woeful.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #27: Jul 31, 2014 12:41:08 pm

Sorry mate, but there was no excuse. He plays for one of the most successful clubs in the world. He really should have the ability to a) control the ball and b) pass to a man in a red shirt. It really is not that difficult. Does he really have to play in his exact position to ensure the previous two points are avoided?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #28: Jul 31, 2014 12:44:50 pm
      i'd be sad to see him go. he worked hard to win over the fans and become an accomplished, if not top class, defensive midfielder.

however, i do get the feeling the club have now outgrown him. if he's happy to warm the bench, provide cover or come on for 10 minutes a game or play in league cup, then keep him. but, with stevie, hendo, can and allen, can't see him getting too many games.

good luck to him at napoli, he deserves all the success he might get there.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29: Jul 31, 2014 03:30:14 pm
      I think Lucas is a product of being a team player. I think he has a lot more ability than his position allows but I think he is very disciplined and plays the role the manager asks him to. I hope he stays and shows us a bit more of what he can do with the ball. I know he is a bit slower than he was but still worthy of being in the squad.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #30: Jul 31, 2014 05:55:51 pm
      As long as we are in 'UEFA Champions League' I believe player with experience like Lucas still useful to the team. Only let him go if we have a better quality replacement.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #31: Jul 31, 2014 07:39:53 pm
      A loan could suit everyone
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32: Jul 31, 2014 09:06:12 pm
      Hopefully any potential suitors were watching last nights cameo.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #33: Jul 31, 2014 09:08:05 pm
      Thought he did great last night
      We should definitely keep him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34: Jul 31, 2014 09:12:15 pm
      Not a player I'd look for us to go selling as I think he still has a bit to offer us and he's not the worst player to have to add depth to the squad. If we got a good offer though then I think we should accept it but like I say, I think he still has a bit to offer. We really struggled last season for depth, especially in the midfield.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #35: Jul 31, 2014 09:46:17 pm
      He is still pretty good under certain circumstances, would be ideal when we need to close a game out with a slender lead. With our attitude of lets go get another goal and end up getting caught on the break.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #36: Jul 31, 2014 09:52:01 pm
      As long as we are in 'UEFA Champions League' I believe player with experience like Lucas still useful to the team. Only let him go if we have a better quality replacement.

agreed. it's pretty hard (and not cheap) to find a CDM who can come into a top prem side and perform from day one. so if we're going to get rid of lucas, I really hope we've got a good replacement lined up.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #37: Jul 31, 2014 10:08:48 pm

A loan would suit no one.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #38: Aug 01, 2014 01:05:41 am
      Unless Lucas has an underlying physical problem which we can keep under wraps during a transfer process, there is no way I would move this man on.

He is in his prime,
      Easily the best tactical DM in the squad
      We are in the CL this season
      He is a big game player
      He is kwalitee
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #39: Aug 01, 2014 06:43:55 am

a loan would suit only  Napoli
       because after the loan the Italians won't pay what he is really worth,  see Pepe,, Italian clubs like to do these loan   buisnesses

Just put a HIGH price tag for him  so they wont come again for him or pay the asking price,,do wahat clubs are doing for you

we have lot more games this season, I think we need him , if he hits his top  form like before his injury he will be one of he best around

UNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #40: Aug 01, 2014 09:23:09 am
      Forget the name; forget the team... I'd never lend any F***ing Italian team a player.  >:D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #41: Aug 01, 2014 09:28:32 am
      Forget the name; forget the team... I'd never lend any f**king Italian team a player.  >:D

This all day, they Foookin never buy do they, always a loan and 'we may buy the player' but it never happens.

As for Lucas, we're a pretty young side aren't we, particularly with some of the new signings. I think we will need the Brazilian this season, particularly in Europe where the pace is a litter slower and his experience will come to the fore away from home. Keep him.

Unless we're gonna sign Paul Pogba that is!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #42: Aug 01, 2014 09:40:58 am
      Forget the name; forget the team... I'd never lend any f**king Italian team a player.  >:D

EXACTLY

apart from the previous situations with previous deals between LFC and any Italian club, they (Italians) did it to other English & European clubs too,
       Maybe  I am Bias because I hate Italian football-too boring, too much time with the ball not in play , can't stand to watch a whole game , just highlights,sometimes

YNWA

yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #43: Aug 01, 2014 12:14:59 pm
      A loan would suit Napoli as they have a bloated squad
      Lucas is behind Gerrard and Can now so won't play that many games. Since Gerrard's conversion to DM he has hardly played. A loan would suit him to have another crack at the Brazil squad. Napoli have no natural DM and Inler, Behrami and co don't provide the same protection plus the slower league will suit him.
      But I suspect this maybe Gerrard's last year. So having Lucas come back with a year off the wage bill as an understudy to Can will suit us.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #44: Aug 01, 2014 12:18:13 pm
      A loan would suit Napoli as they have a bloated squad
      Lucas is behind Gerrard and Can now so won't play that many games. Since Gerrard's conversion to DM he has hardly played. A loan would suit him to have another crack at the Brazil squad. Napoli have no natural DM and Inler, Behrami and co don't provide the same protection plus the slower league will suit him.
      But I suspect this maybe Gerrard's last year. So having Lucas come back with a year off the wage bill as an understudy to Can will suit us.

Personally think he will be needed more so for CL and the other cup competitions as we want our players to stay fit and be competitive on all fronts, to loose him would weaken our squad depth.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #45: Aug 01, 2014 12:20:22 pm
      First I wanted him to go, but now I want him to stay. I do feel he has been used as a scapegoat for our bad performances and if you ask me, I've seen him perform better over the last two years than Xavi has.. Sorry, Joe Allen, not Xavi.

Quick Reply