Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lucas Leiva (Napoli)

Read 21277 times
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Napoli)
      Reply #207: Sep 06, 2014 06:55:11 pm
      I see loads of merit in having him in the squad mate. He is the only midfielder we have at the club who could step in for Gerrard IMHO (I don't think Can Can if you get my drift) and he will no doubt need to at some point. I may not "love him" really Si but I actually do quite like him as a player on his day. The bit I could never abide with Lucas was that when anybody dared to criticise him for anything whatsoever, or even worse suggest that picking him every week might be "holding us back" you'd be met with people rolling on their backs calling you allsorts from clueless to being just a c***. My references to the fact that we actually DO look a better team without him, and that Gerrard CAN actually play as a holding mid, and that contrary to claims on here NOBODY was clamouring to buy Lucas for 12 million quid or anything like it (despite "all the best managers in the World rating him highly etc etc") is more of a nudge to those people really than it is to Lucas.

The player I don't mind, it is his ex posse of admirers which got on me tits  :f_steam:.

Can can...It's seems everyone seems to think he can't when he hasn't even played a holding mid really. Can has so much more in his locker that people have not even seen yet. I just think he does what Brendan want from him. If BR wants him to press he presses and if BR wants him to sit back. He sits back.

Anyone who wants to see him play for Leverkusen should take a look at some of his games from last season.

http://livefootballvideo.com/teams/bayer-leverkusen
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Napoli)
      Reply #208: Sep 08, 2014 09:48:35 am
      Out of interest, why do you not rate Can mick?

I'm gonna go into his thread mate and answer, so as not to get told off.

Quick Reply