Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2014/15 season expectations?

Read 11735 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: 2014/15 season expectations?
      Reply #23: Jul 13, 2014 02:29:36 pm
      Just as our previous season I'm going to expect the same in the league but with a cup in either domestic competition with us reaching the quarters of the Champions League.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #24: Jul 13, 2014 03:21:36 pm
      With the manager we have, we can do many things next season. Few more signings and we can kick some ass. With or without Suarez, we can win the league. WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC.

Make us proud!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #25: Jul 13, 2014 03:31:00 pm
      You had to go one four better than me Billy. ;D

I'm not gonna expect us to lose mate, I expect Liverpool to win every single game. Therefore expect us to win every possible trophy.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #26: Jul 13, 2014 03:34:38 pm
      I expect us to be stronger mentally than last season.

I expect us to have a deeper squad than last season.

I expect us to use the hurt of missing out on the league to drive us on to even greater things next season.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #27: Jul 13, 2014 06:22:30 pm
      My expectation is to be in game for the league title till the end and hopfully win it at the end
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Jul 14, 2014 10:33:11 am
      Be in the title race again, and at least get thru the group stages of champions league.

FA Cup & League Cup, would like to see the youngsters get a decent run.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #29: Jul 14, 2014 10:59:48 am
      If we still had Suarez I'd expect us to win.

But I'll agree with JD and love another title run come April.

And a trip to Wembley
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30: Jul 14, 2014 09:48:29 pm
      This is gonna be a tough season so it is. Arsenal have solidified 4th, city and chelsea will be hard pushed to finish out of the top 3 so there is only 1 spot left. Heres hoping the scum dont sort their sh*t out too soon.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #31: Jul 14, 2014 10:01:41 pm
      1. Minimum...  4th in the league
      2.Minimum  .....reach the knockout  round in the champions league
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #32: Jul 15, 2014 08:30:39 am
      1. Minimum...  4th in the league
      2.Minimum  .....reach the knockout  round in the champions league

Plus Minimum final in a Cup
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #33: Jul 15, 2014 02:18:22 pm
      Obviously a lot depends on how the Suarez money is invested. In 2009 we expected to kick on after finishing 2nd, we failed to replace Alonso and strengthen the squad. Before anyone jumps in, I understand the difference in having the two cowboys and their debt gone, but the premise is still the same, we need to build, those around us will and if we don't we will get left behind.

However if the league were to start again tomorrow, I don't think we would have the strength to compete on all four fronts and therefore we would need to prioritise. And yes, I do hope and expect us to win every game we play in, but we can't expect the same 11 to play 50-60 games at a consistent level, and the gap between Sturridge and Aspas is clear enough. I expect plenty of players to improve from last season and contribute in new ways for us, Henderson and Sterling have already been mentioned, but I think with Suarez gone that Sturridge will thrive on being the main man up top. He showed it plenty of times last season when we missed Luis, and I think he will be itching to prove he can carry the mantle.

Sakho is a player I can't quite put my finger on, he looks to have all the potential and I really hope he can realise that this season. Hopefully some new signings will create the healthy competition to help him make the next step with us. As has been mentioned I think full back is an area that needs addressing, the return of Enrique will be huge but sufficient cover and someone to compete for a starting spot at full back is needed to compete on all fronts.

I have said this for the past two seasons and both times I have been forced to hold my hand up and admit my mistake... But I can't see Gerrard featuring as much for us this season. I think we will manage him to get the best out of him when we need it most and that may mean playing less.Prove me wrong once again Stevie!

I fully support and trust Rodgers. This season will be massive for him and he knows that. He will need our support and patience. European football will take a bit out of us, and if there is an odd slip up along the way, that has to be understandable. We get behind the lads, and We Go Again...

I'm not sure I even answered the thread question... but much like last season I think I might just sit back and enjoy the ride.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34: Jul 15, 2014 03:24:54 pm
      My expectations.....that unless we win every competition that we play in, someone on here will have a moan about some aspect of the team underperforming from players to owners.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #35: Jul 15, 2014 03:37:11 pm
      My expectations....that every thread is going to be filled with someone moaning about people moaning, leaving no room for those of us who have genuine moans to moan about.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36: Jul 15, 2014 04:04:16 pm
      My expectations....that every thread is going to be filled with someone moaning about people moaning, leaving no room for those of us who have genuine moans to moan about.

I moan therefore I am.
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #37: Jul 15, 2014 04:16:55 pm
      We have been here before with losing great players. I love Luis Suarez as a player, felt proud he was a Liverpool player. But all said and done he is a loss that's for sure, but saying that we only won one trophy since his arrival to Anfield!

We got 75m for a near 28 year old who stands to miss 4 months of the season. We are in need of a bigger, stronger squad...not too mention a bigger ground capacity. All this needs money and our prize asset has been sold, good business I think so. I am confident of a good season, I am confident we will see more goals from other areas and not just relying on one man. I am also confident we will not leak as many goals this season. As you can tell, i'am confident!  :)
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #38: Jul 15, 2014 05:54:13 pm
      GF's advice (she knows not the first thing about football) - "Why not just expect them to lose all the time, that way, when they win, you'll be happy!" Thank you, Darling...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Jul 15, 2014 07:07:42 pm
      GF's advice (she knows not the first thing about football) - "Why not just expect them to lose all the time, that way, when they win, you'll be happy!" Thank you, Darling...

she sounds like a keeper
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #40: Jul 16, 2014 01:43:11 am
      I'm one of those Reds that numerous other fans laugh at, since ever I can remember I always have the feeling that this/next year will be our year. Romantic notions aside, the head tells me we should be at least aiming for a top four finish, the heart tells me we should go one better in the league next year. Winning the FA cup would be nice and the head says this is realistically achievable plus we should be looking to improve on our domestic cup form under Rodgers. Of course, the squad and team need improvement so it's a bit hard to stipulate what to expect or hope for just yet. As for the CL, I would like us to take this by storm (another perhaps romantic notion), I think Rodgers may have to be a little bit more tactically savvy in this comp, compared to domestic games. It will be interesting to see how he and his team fair against Europe's heavy weights.

Good thread.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Jul 16, 2014 11:14:42 am
      If anything, we need to win the league this year to make all the 'haww slippy G, haww haww no Suarez + CL games = back to 7th next year rofl' idiots on facebook look like right mugs. I'm pretty confident we'll manage top 3 at least and go further in the CL than most people think.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #42: Jul 19, 2014 10:53:15 pm
      Mig
      Johnson Lovren sakho Moreno
      Gerrard Henderson
      Sterling Lallana Coutinho
      Sturridge

Reina, Skrtel, Flanagan, Can, Remy, markovic , lambert on the bench

With Agger, Enrique, Allen, Ibe and Suso pushing for places

Good options all over and a squad with very few weaknesses.

Who knows, if we can get good money for Lucas, Coates and Assaidi we may stretch to Benatia instead of Lovren or a sensational bid for Isco or Griezman. After all the squad above is based on a 20 million net spend which is peanuts. I do fancy us for top 4 and a cup
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #43: Jul 19, 2014 11:56:14 pm
      I expect us to hold the ball for 3420 minutes in what can only be described as 'possession based football'
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #44: Jul 20, 2014 04:33:48 pm
      Losing Suarez, an ageing Gerrard I'm worried...... Both at their peak are irreplaceable but the replacements we have in so far don't excite me! We have lost our "goal out of nothing" fear that other clubs have when you have Suarez in the team!

So we really need someone to step up or one of BR signings to be a class act and not take time to settle in.

Minimum for me would be top 4
      Cup final

Champions league could be a bit of a stretch to even qualify from the group seeing as we are in pot 3

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #45: Jul 20, 2014 11:14:03 pm
      Still feel that while we have strengthened in quite a few areas we haven't quite made up for the loss of Suarez yet. I would like to see one top quality signing (presuming we sign Lovren, Remy etc etc) that lifts us to the next level and gives us a real chance of the title.

At the moment I see us being in the hunt but slightly behind the other front runners. Not sure we have enough creativity in the side to get the goals we got last season but I think we do look potentially a much more balanced side.

A lot will depend on the development of Sterling and Coutinho and how Sturridge copes with being our main man up front.
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2014 11:29:08 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply