Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Best Home & Away fans pubs...?

Read 2388 times
      away day travel
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Best Home & Away fans pubs...?
      Jul 14, 2014 01:13:28 pm
      Hi Guys,

I am compiling a new fans guide for the coming season and am after real fans views of which are the best pubs on match days for both home fans & visiting supporters.

Which are the "main pubs" for home fans around the ground..?

Can you let me know the best 5 or so around the ground please and any local establishments that particularly cater for and welcome visiting supporters - pubs, restaurants, parking facilities attractions etc.

Also, any suggestions of pubs that you have visited at other away grounds which are good for away supporters on match days would be great.

Many thanks

Rob
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Best Home & Away fans pubs...?
      Reply #1: Jul 16, 2014 09:20:44 am
      The Albert is probably the most famous and back in the day was a great place for a pre/post match ale and sing song. These days, its sadly become more like a tourist spot with very little atmosphere and just people looking around and taking pictures etc.

The Sandon is a massive pub with lots of different rooms (the place where LFC were born). Has a good mix and atmosphere and shows any live football on TV's and a big screen in the large function room.

The Park is a small pub opposite the Kop and to my experience, is currently the best if you want to ruin your throat prior to a match because its usually bouncing in there.

There are various others including the 12th man (formerly the Salisbury Arms) around the ground

Obviously, each to their own.

The "away" pub is the Arkles which has a good atmosphere and away fans tend to mix with Reds with no problems (unless your Man Utd of course)

Quick Reply