Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163349 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 481 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #1012: Jun 24, 2016 05:19:05 am
      Markovic flopping was rodgers fault then? Furry muff.
      No, but playing him as a wingback was(out of position).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1013: Jun 24, 2016 12:33:37 pm
      Markovic flopping was rodgers fault then? Furry muff.

still carrying a wooden spoon to every thread
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1014: Jun 24, 2016 01:58:18 pm

If they put their minds with it supposed to be, yes they can. Benteke can improve much more than Balotelli. It is a shame to mention Benteke with Balotelli, it is a very different story for them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1015: Jun 24, 2016 02:16:55 pm
      If they put their minds with it supposed to be, yes they can. Benteke can improve much more than Balotelli. It is a shame to mention Benteke with Balotelli, it is a very different story for them.

I still think Benteke can find his way I hope all these players who were sent out on loan or had a difficult first season come to preseason determined to prove people wrong and make an impact on the club
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1016: Jun 24, 2016 03:45:42 pm
      Some selective memory going on here, I think. The handful of times Markovic did play further up the pitch, he was pretty poor. His best games came as playing as a WB, believe it or not.

That said, it was only his first year in England and under a different manager. It was madness to loan him out last year knowing full well we had 4 competitions and no other natural wingers. He deserves a shot under Jürgen. Could be sort of our Blaszczykowski for all you know.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1017: Jun 24, 2016 04:31:26 pm
      Some selective memory going on here, I think. The handful of times Markovic did play further up the pitch, he was pretty poor. His best games came as playing as a WB, believe it or not.

That said, it was only his first year in England and under a different manager. It was madness to loan him out last year knowing full well we had 4 competitions and no other natural wingers. He deserves a shot under Jürgen. Could be sort of our Blaszczykowski for all you know.

he was young his manager did not show confidence in him so I would like to see him again with Jürgen. He may still be shown the exit door but he deserves to at least get to pre season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1018: Jun 24, 2016 06:00:35 pm
      You know what I think Markovic is best at doing, offering that quick transition from defence to attack by ball carrying. I also notice he thrives on space ahead where he can attack. I reckon he would flourish in a midfield 3 or perhaps even as a 10.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,210 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1019: Jul 02, 2016 12:05:20 pm
      Really think we'll see this lad at his best under Klopp.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1020: Jul 02, 2016 04:36:50 pm
      Really think we'll see this lad at his best under Klopp.

He'll face some tough competition... Just as well, if he's any good he'd have to beat the rest of the wingers for a starting position. I like him though.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1021: Jul 02, 2016 04:41:01 pm
      Heard he showed up at Melwood earlier in the week and was the first one to report in for training.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1022: Jul 02, 2016 07:03:11 pm
      Heard he showed up at Melwood earlier in the week and was the first one to report in for training.

I do keep forgetting about this guy, was he showing up to see if he could go or if he's staying maybe, because I liked him before he even came to us,  I'd really like Klopp to turn him into the player he can be.
      Seemed Brendo shattered his confidence and never rewarded him or played him in the right place. a bit like bodgeson would maybe.
        It's surely a good thing that we already have this potential wonderkid. Forgot he's only 22 too. I'm getting forgetful ;D.
      We could play a bit like Bayern with two wingers, Robben and Ribery but looking less like baddies in a Transporter movie.
      More M&M - Mane and MarKovic.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1023: Jul 02, 2016 07:16:43 pm

I prefer Sadio and Markovic......
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1024: Jul 03, 2016 02:10:06 am

A thumbs up for the sadistic joke :)
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1025: Jul 03, 2016 10:09:50 am
      I'm sure he will not play at wing back. :) I'm little concerned about his injuries last season, but I'm sure Klopp will find the way to use his pace and dribbling skills effectively.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1026: Jul 03, 2016 04:41:19 pm

Oh dear ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1027: Jul 03, 2016 08:16:02 pm

For the record here, I am not a fan of S&M.

Dishonestly.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1028: Jul 10, 2016 12:01:37 am
      I'm sure he will not play at wing back. :) I'm little concerned about his injuries last season, but I'm sure Klopp will find the way to use his pace and dribbling skills effectively.

What pace and what dribbling skills? I'm yet to witness this.

From what I have seen, this guy has been a shocking buy.

If he stays then I hope he becomes a star.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1029: Jul 10, 2016 12:40:28 am
      What pace and what dribbling skills? I'm yet to witness this.

From what I have seen, this guy has been a shocking buy.

If he stays then I hope he becomes a star.
      He wasn't use properly in Liverpool under Rodgers, so you may not saw his skills. I watched him when he played for Partizan and Benfica and guy is extraordinary talent IMO. Really fast and really good dribbler.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1030: Jul 10, 2016 12:56:47 am
      He wasn't use properly in Liverpool under Rodgers, so you may not saw his skills. I watched him when he played for Partizan and Benfica and guy is extraordinary talent IMO. Really fast and really good dribbler.

Well, from what I have seen he is anything other than an extraordinary talent!

I agree with LondonRed83, his dribbling skills look awful. And I don't buy this he needs to be 'played in a proper position' excuse, whether he is played at Wing back, Right Wing or at number 10, he still has the same ability to dribble no matter where he is on the pitch.

He dribbles with his head down, and runs into blind alley's and cedes possession doing so (this is what I witnessed during his last stint here). I don't think he's suddenly going to return and miraculously turn into Paul Gascoigne with his dribbling abilities. The fact he missed a sitter against Tranmere also tells me, the Red shirt on his back remains a Monkey on his back. He's a timid player and when put onto a stage of bigger proportions he curls up into a ball.

I'd love to be proven wrong but Markovic just doesn't fill me with even an iota of an inclination that I am wrong about him.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1031: Jul 10, 2016 01:19:13 am
      Well, from what I have seen he is anything other than an extraordinary talent!

I agree with LondonRed83, his dribbling skills look awful. And I don't buy this he needs to be 'played in a proper position' excuse, whether he is played at Wing back, Right Wing or at number 10, he still has the same ability to dribble no matter where he is on the pitch.

He dribbles with his head down, and runs into blind alley's and cedes possession doing so (this is what I witnessed during his last stint here). I don't think he's suddenly going to return and miraculously turn into Paul Gascoigne with his dribbling abilities. The fact he missed a sitter against Tranmere also tells me, the Red shirt on his back remains a Monkey on his back. He's a timid player and when put onto a stage of bigger proportions he curls up into a ball.

I'd love to be proven wrong but Markovic just doesn't fill me with even an iota of an inclination that I am wrong about him.
      Missing sitters in the first preseason game tells nothing IMO. Also, I think system is important when you evaluate skills of the player. It seems that some players which looks pretty ordinary in Rodgers system suddenly become very good under Klopp, for example Lovren. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Markovic this season. Of course, I could be wrong, but lets hope I'm not.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2016 01:29:33 am by Red John »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1032: Jul 10, 2016 10:26:37 am
      I did see glimpses of what he could do not many and if Klopp sees something then he will stay if not he will be gone its up to him
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1033: Jul 10, 2016 07:41:50 pm
      I did see glimpses of what he could do not many and if Klopp sees something then he will stay if not he will be gone its up to him

Agreed Walt, I've found myself on occasion thinking there's a really top talent there with Marko and then others I've thought he's about as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

He's only 22 so the inconsistency is to be expected I just want him to start looking a little less like a gazelle when he strikes the ball, a bit of the Lallana's about his conviction. Then he hits that volley, which I still remember well, through a crowd of players he rises and side foot smashes it from above waist height against the woodwork. Now if he could attack his shots with that attitude and a little more awareness then yes there's a player there.

It's fine to be graceful on the ball like Macca but you still need that bit of venom in there too, not sure if he truly has that but I do think it can be coached so there's hope.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,190 posts | 1272 
      Reply #1034: Jul 10, 2016 09:19:48 pm
      Agreed Walt, I've found myself on occasion thinking there's a really top talent there with Marko and then others I've thought he's about as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

He's only 22 so the inconsistency is to be expected I just want him to start looking a little less like a gazelle when he strikes the ball, a bit of the Lallana's about his conviction. Then he hits that volley, which I still remember well, through a crowd of players he rises and side foot smashes it from above waist height against the woodwork. Now if he could attack his shots with that attitude and a little more awareness then yes there's a player there.

It's fine to be graceful on the ball like Macca but you still need that bit of venom in there too, not sure if he truly has that but I do think it can be coached so there's hope.

Do you think that's a confidence issue or just a lack of ability? We've seen so little of him - even in his full season at Anfield - that it's really hard to judge him at the moment.

He has terrific pace and his pressing ability could be decent under Klopp, who knows? Whatever happens, I'd like to see him be given a chance.

Quick Reply