Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163357 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #1035: Jul 10, 2016 09:35:11 pm
      Do you think that's a confidence issue or just a lack of ability?

I certainly don't think it's a lack of ability mate but much like Henderson I'm not convinced he can apply himself correctly either. With him being 22 I'd like to see what Klopp could get out of him with a year of coaching, if there's ever someone that you think could fuel confidence in a player it's surely Jürgen.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1036: Jul 18, 2016 02:58:18 pm
      Still sh*t, still leaving.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1037: Jul 22, 2016 07:37:56 am
      Anyone having any info about what will happen to this guy? Will he stay or go?
      I know that he did not showed much but maybe he deserves another chance because i think that he is a much better player than he showed to us.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1038: Jul 27, 2016 10:50:59 pm
      No news recently. The way the market is this summer, now would be ideal to ship out Marko. Hopefully will be some interest soon. Thought Fenerbahce might make an offer? Still time.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1039: Jul 27, 2016 10:52:55 pm
      No news recently. The way the market is this summer, now would be ideal to ship out Marko. Hopefully will be some interest soon. Thought Fenerbahce might make an offer? Still time.

Shocked Fenerbahce haven't tabled an offer yet. Really thought that they'd go for him given that they shipped out Nani. That's a pretty bad sign in itself.
      HerZamanKIRMIZI
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #1040: Jul 28, 2016 07:38:25 am
      Fenerbahçe is in trouble with UEFA because of the financial fair play requirements. The club cannot afford Markovic.  The money they rake in from Nani was used to buy Skrtel.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1041: Aug 03, 2016 09:33:06 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1042: Aug 03, 2016 10:13:55 pm

What counts as creating a chance though? These stats are always so vague. For all we know some of those 'chances' he created could have been speculative shots from like 30 yards out or a cross into the box. One thing I noticed with him in pre-season is that he lost possession or ran into an opponent a few too many times.

If he stays then good for him and I hope he improves. 

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #1043: Aug 04, 2016 05:11:00 pm
      What counts as creating a chance though? These stats are always so vague. For all we know some of those 'chances' he created could have been speculative shots from like 30 yards out or a cross into the box. One thing I noticed with him in pre-season is that he lost possession or ran into an opponent a few too many times.

You're right like. Wouldn't mind seeing these chances created.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1044: Aug 04, 2016 05:15:45 pm
      I'm still convinced there's a player in there, but F***ing hell, every time he plays for us he looks like he's going to puke from being so nervous.

If his nerves really are that bad that he forgets everything he's supposed to be doing, then I really feel for the bloke.

On the other hand, if I've misjudged his nervousness, and he just suffers from excessive brain farts, I can't see him being a success at any big club.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1045: Aug 05, 2016 03:18:04 pm

Exactly, Moreno was a biggest "creator of chances" last season. He was also our biggest leaker of goals, most successful sideways passer, best confused look, most hoverboards owned and lowest IQ.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1046: Aug 05, 2016 03:34:10 pm

Stuff like that is usually nonsense since it's comparing Apples with Pears. Markovic would have to have played the same number of games against the exact same opposition in the same position as the person you're comparing against before you could statistically compare. Besides, depending upon what sort of chances you're talking about, I'd sooner someone have three chances and three goals than fifty chances and miss every one of them.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #1047: Aug 05, 2016 07:05:34 pm
      Stuff like that is usually nonsense since it's comparing Apples with Pears. Markovic would have to have played the same number of games against the exact same opposition in the same position as the person you're comparing against before you could statistically compare. Besides, depending upon what sort of chances you're talking about, I'd sooner someone have three chances and three goals than fifty chances and miss every one of them.

Ay mate I know. It is pre season and it is quiet around here. I'll throw anything in :)
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #1048: Aug 07, 2016 11:57:57 am
      Not sure what to make of Markovic, he is a very technical player...has great ability and some of his touches are of real quality but he just doesn't look interested and doesn't get involved much in the general play.

Hope we keep him because there is a player in there.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #1049: Aug 23, 2016 09:50:23 pm
      Not even include in the squad vs Burton Albion tonight, if not injure/unfit I think he's definitely on the way out.

Maybe very busy finding his new destination :\

Very disappointed this signing.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1050: Aug 23, 2016 10:42:37 pm
      Not even include in the squad vs Burton Albion tonight, if not injure/unfit I think he's definitely on the way out.

Maybe very busy finding his new destination :\

Very disappointed this signing.

Agreed. Complete disaster
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #1051: Aug 31, 2016 10:36:36 pm
      Just completed a loan to Sporting Lisbon:

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/771097858888110080
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1052: Aug 31, 2016 11:10:51 pm
      Personally I am really dissapointed that it did not work out with Lazar who at the time was one of the highest rated youngsters in Europe.

I was hoping we had shown some real intent by stumping up for a real talent, just goes to show instinct is not the best judge of character.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1053: Aug 31, 2016 11:51:18 pm
      Still can't get anyone to buy him, but at least gone out on loan. 20mill we shelled out for him :(
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1054: Sep 01, 2016 12:02:30 am
      Still can't get anyone to buy him, but at least gone out on loan. 20mill we shelled out for him :(

Another one that will eventually be allowed to leave on a free next summer...
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #1055: Sep 01, 2016 10:37:31 am
      I Love little Lazar and i'm genuinely sad that he's gone away again!

Good old brendan ruining a prospects chances by playing him out of position and ruining his confidence!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1056: Sep 01, 2016 10:54:30 am
      Did we buy him form Sporting? If so then maybe its a good place for him to build up his confidence again, I still feel there's a hell of a player lurking in him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1057: Sep 01, 2016 10:56:54 am
      Did we buy him form Sporting? If so then maybe its a good place for him to build up his confidence again, I still feel there's a hell of a player lurking in him.

Think it was Benfica.

Quick Reply