Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163297 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #1058: Sep 01, 2016 03:27:47 pm
      He was never good enough; Jürgen, like his predecessor, knows it, no matter what any horsey's wab will try to tell you.  :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2016 03:46:10 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1059: Sep 01, 2016 03:34:00 pm
      At 22, it's time for him to kick on now if he's going to become the player everyone thought he could be.

A loan is a good move for him, and hopefully he can re-discover what made him one of the most sought after young players in Europe, revisionism notwithstanding.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1060: Sep 01, 2016 05:32:36 pm
      I Love little Lazar and i'm genuinely sad that he's gone away again!

Good old brendan ruining a prospects chances by playing him out of position and ruining his confidence!

Haha come off it mate!!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #1061: Sep 01, 2016 07:57:22 pm
      He was never good enough; Jürgen, like his predecessor, knows it, no matter what any horsey's wab will try to tell you.  :laugh:
      Well he was in the Europa league team of the season the year before we bought him. Was a looking a great prospect at that time. Pity, it didn't work out.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1062: Sep 01, 2016 11:36:40 pm
      I remember J.D. a while back posted a pic of Aquilani for Markovic, just about sums up my view of him. Talented player that unfortunately doesn't suit the prem.

If we were serious about trying to make him into a player we should have loaned him to a prem club, at least then there might have been some hope of him adapting.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1063: Sep 01, 2016 11:50:34 pm
      Hopefully whilst he's on loan back in Portugal he'll go find his backbone as he clearly left it there before coming to us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #1064: Sep 02, 2016 01:37:16 am
      Not suited to the Premier League, don't know why we are loaning him, should have just sold him outright.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1065: Sep 02, 2016 04:24:05 am
      Not suited to the Premier League, don't know why we are loaning him, should have just sold him outright.

The fella rejected a £16m offer from Sporting earlier in the window, Melissa Reddy was saying.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1066: Sep 02, 2016 08:46:00 am
      Had high hopes for Lazar, and thought the transfer fee would eventually turn out to be a bargin. Sad that it didn't work out for him, but he didn't show he had anything about him when he did play.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #1067: Sep 02, 2016 07:02:55 pm
      i have a hard time believing this kid is so crap he couldnt be back up for mane.

is he really THAT bad? he's a Right Winger right?

I dunno.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #1068: Sep 07, 2016 12:22:15 am
      Extremely disappointed that he has been shipped out on loan again. Thought the lad was going to get his chance under Klopp this season, but to me it seems clear - he doesn't fancy him.

On a side note if we can afford to bid £11m for a winger (Pulsic), have it turned down and still allow Markovic to leave, boggled my mind a little bit.

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1069: Oct 20, 2016 06:48:35 pm
      Missing Liverpool? Lazar Markovic booed by own fans in Sporting defeat to Dortmund

The incident comes just a month after one newspaper retracted claims he was booed by his own fans.

Lazar Markovic was reportedly booed by Sporting Lisbon supporters in their Champions League defeat to Borussia Dortmund.

The Portuguese side lost 2-1 to the Bundesliga high-fliers on Tuesday, with the on-loan Liverpool man bearing the brunt of fan frustration as he was substituted.

The Serbian international was withdrawn by manager Jorge Jesus after 65 minutes, with Arsenal man Joel Campbell replacing him.

With Sporting 2-0 down at the time, cries of discontent were heard around Estadio Jose Alvalade as Markovic departed after an unimpressive display.

It comes a month after Portuguese newspaper Record published a correction to say Markovic was not booed by his own supporters in the Champions League win over Legia Warsaw.

The paper had initially claimed fans jeered one of Markovic’s misplaced passes, but later conceded they could not claim that for sure.

No such doubts against Dortmund, with newspaper O Jogo writing of clear whistles from the crowd as he left the field.

Markovic joined Sporting on loan this summer having struggled to establish himself at Anfield.

The 22-year-old spent last season with Fenerbahce, and is now with the Portuguese giants in an attempt to resurrect his career.

But Markovic has struggled so far, with Tuesday’s game representing only his second start of the season.

The winger previously played under current boss Jesus, in Lisbon, with rivals Benfica.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/missing-liverpool-lazar-markovic-booed-12049188

I like Markovic and still held a hope of him earning his keep, but the writing is on the wall now.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1070: Oct 20, 2016 07:15:37 pm
      Missing Liverpool? Lazar Markovic booed by own fans in Sporting defeat to Dortmund

The incident comes just a month after one newspaper retracted claims he was booed by his own fans.

Lazar Markovic was reportedly booed by Sporting Lisbon supporters in their Champions League defeat to Borussia Dortmund.

The Portuguese side lost 2-1 to the Bundesliga high-fliers on Tuesday, with the on-loan Liverpool man bearing the brunt of fan frustration as he was substituted.

The Serbian international was withdrawn by manager Jorge Jesus after 65 minutes, with Arsenal man Joel Campbell replacing him.

With Sporting 2-0 down at the time, cries of discontent were heard around Estadio Jose Alvalade as Markovic departed after an unimpressive display.

It comes a month after Portuguese newspaper Record published a correction to say Markovic was not booed by his own supporters in the Champions League win over Legia Warsaw.

The paper had initially claimed fans jeered one of Markovic’s misplaced passes, but later conceded they could not claim that for sure.

No such doubts against Dortmund, with newspaper O Jogo writing of clear whistles from the crowd as he left the field.

Markovic joined Sporting on loan this summer having struggled to establish himself at Anfield.

The 22-year-old spent last season with Fenerbahce, and is now with the Portuguese giants in an attempt to resurrect his career.

But Markovic has struggled so far, with Tuesday’s game representing only his second start of the season.

The winger previously played under current boss Jesus, in Lisbon, with rivals Benfica.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/missing-liverpool-lazar-markovic-booed-12049188

I like Markovic and still held a hope of him earning his keep, but the writing is on the wall now.

What the F**k was there to like? Useless player.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1071: Oct 20, 2016 07:28:42 pm
      What the F**k was there to like? Useless player.

Showed some early glimpses but instead of improving and progressing he has actually gone backwards.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #1072: Oct 21, 2016 10:17:30 am
      He's a sh*t Ryan Babel...only way to describe him.

It's a pity looked like he had so much potential...have to question the drive and desire of some players these days
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1073: Jan 21, 2017 05:56:20 pm
      Another one that will eventually be allowed to leave on a free next summer...

Good old brendan ruining a prospects chances by playing him out of position and ruining his confidence!

The NoWhere Man.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1074: Jan 23, 2017 05:10:17 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1075: Jan 23, 2017 05:19:24 pm

Best of luck to the lad.

Would love for him to show some form at Hull for his own confidence more than anything else.

I still believe he has ability.

He will likely never play for us again but I would love if he proves everyone wrong.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1076: Jan 23, 2017 05:21:43 pm
      I had such high hopes for Markovic :( I remember watching him in the UEL semifinal a few years ago and he looked like a beast.

It's really strange that he couldn't get into the Sporting team, especially considering Jorge Jesus is their manager. I wonder what happened along the way...

Well, best of luck to him in Hull.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1077: Jan 23, 2017 05:26:58 pm
      Best of luck to the lad.

Would love for him to show some form at Hull for his own confidence more than anything else.

I still believe he has ability.

He will likely never play for us again but I would love if he proves everyone wrong.

This is something I don't understand

Now let me preface this with I 100% believe in Klopp, 100% and I'm loving his time here

But we look desperate for a wide option, it would allow Lallana to play central for one and that's his best position, but we look short out there, we can't get anybody in and yet we have a lad here who is a natural wide man, he's got something, but we haven't even brought him back to train for a week, tell Hull that the deals in place, they can have him on the last day of the window, give them any bollocks story and have a look at him, tell him one last chance, train out of your skin and you get a start against Wolves, take that and you are here for the rest of the season and then it's on you to take the chance..
      If he shines, F**k Hull, if not send him there in 8 days..
      We look desperate, we don't look to be signing anyone and we have a chance to pull a rabbit out of nowhere potentially, but we don't even get him back to Melwood  :confused-smiley-013:

I mean how F***ing bad could he have been? I know he's been disappointing but you never know
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1078: Jan 23, 2017 05:31:38 pm

Now let me preface this with I 100% believe in Klopp, 100% and I'm loving his time here

But we look desperate for a wide option, it would allow Lallana to play central for one and that's his best position, but we look short out there, we can't get anybody in and yet we have a lad here who is a natural wide man, he's got something, but we haven't even brought him back to train for a week, tell Hull that the deals in place, they can have him on the last day of the window, give them any bollocks story and have a look at him, tell him one last chance, train out of your skin and you get a start against Wolves, take that and you are here for the rest of the season and then it's on you to take the chance..
      If he shines, f**k Hull, if not send him there in 8 days..
      We look desperate, we don't look to be signing anyone and we have a chance to pull a rabbit out of nowhere potentially, but we don't even get him back to Melwood  :confused-smiley-013:

I mean how f**king bad could he have been? I know he's been disappointing but you never know

Klopp saw enough in preseason to see he doesn't have the required level, and no one can accuse Klopp of not giving players a chance.
      He spent half a season with Ibe on the training pitch and plenty of first team games and obviously didn't see what he wanted.

I would be happier to see Ojo given a chance than have Markovic back.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1079: Jan 23, 2017 05:35:57 pm

If he shines, f**k Hull, if not send him there in 8 days..

I mean how f**king bad could he have been? I know he's been disappointing but you never know

To be honest when I saw talks of Sporting cutting his loan short, I also imagined we would be willing to give him a chance. I don't know how Klopp was so quick in his judgement. He probably has his reasons (and he's probably right, by the way, as he seems to be a good judge of players), but still we're talking about a player for a position we need, with a quality we lack (pace) and who's only 22 years old. We see lads like Stewart given so many chances who although spoken of as a "youngster" is actually 23, older than Lazar and Can, and never set the world alight even in the lower leagues. Lazar was a great player for a Benfica side in an European final - I thought he could be a bit more useful. Oh well. Good luck to him in Hull. They have a Portuguese manager there now which is probably the reason they're interested.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1080: Jan 23, 2017 05:36:55 pm
      Klopp saw enough in preseason to see he doesn't have the required level, and no one can accuse Klopp of not giving players a chance.
      He spent half a season with Ibe on the training pitch and plenty of first team games and obviously didn't see what he wanted.

I would be happier to see Ojo given a chance than have Markovic back.

But you could have both?

Look I've seen nothing in Markovic in his time here either, but you just never know, he could have come in, a fresh face on the squad, in a position we've spent January wishing we'd bring in someone..shared time with Ojo, get something out of them both until Mane is back

Look I trust Klopp 100% and if he thinks there is nothing he can do with him then I'm not going to question it, it was just something that hit me is all

To be honest when I saw talks of Sporting cutting his loan short, I also imagined we would be willing to give him a chance. I don't know how Klopp was so quick in his judgement. He probably has his reasons (and he's probably right, by the way, as he seems to be a good judge of players), but still we're talking about a player for a position we need, with a quality we lack (pace) and who's only 22 years old. We see lads like Stewart given so many chances who although spoken of as a "youngster" is actually 23, older than Lazar and Can, and never set the world alight even in the lower leagues. Lazar was a great player for a Benfica side in an European final - I thought he could be a bit more useful. Oh well. Good luck to him in Hull. They have a Portuguese manager there now which is probably the reason they're interested.

That what I thought when I saw it too Diego, Markovic is still young, has pace... I thought it could have been a lucky coincidence and you just never know as there is a talent there somewhere

Quick Reply