Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163138 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #253: Oct 26, 2014 07:19:50 pm
      Cant see what all the fuss was about and the money we spent on him wasn't chicken feed.

Did someone know something we didnt know ?

Not impressed.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #254: Oct 26, 2014 09:40:25 pm
      Cant see what all the fuss was about and the money we spent on him wasn't chicken feed.

Did someone know something we didnt know ?

Not impressed.

Well he was on the Europa League best 11 last season. But I've been hugely disappointed with him so far. I keep hearing all this crap that he has blistering pace. Haven't seen any pace of note from the lad yet. Hope he comes good but the jury is really out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #255: Oct 26, 2014 09:54:28 pm
      He's had what, 3 or 4 games with us now? Long overdue to prove his worth, if he hasn't come good yet he never will, may as well sell him and move on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #256: Oct 26, 2014 10:27:28 pm
      He's had what, 3 or 4 games with us now? Long overdue to prove his worth, if he hasn't come good yet he never will, may as well sell him and move on.

I'm sure he will come good eventually but at the moment when he has started he has been just been a passenger. It's a shame we have not been playing well and introduced him being 2 or 3 goals up.

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #257: Oct 27, 2014 07:51:54 am

Not going to fall for your bait!

He'll come good.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #258: Oct 27, 2014 09:36:27 am
      So far, useless!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #259: Oct 27, 2014 05:01:04 pm

His first substitution appearance was on the left hand side and made an immediate impact for 2 attacks. Was only a cameo so didn't get to see much more of him than that.

Since then has played wide right and looked completely uncomfortable. I would like to see him given a central or left hand side role against Swansea and a full 90 minutes to be able to get a proper look.

Get the feeling there is a player there.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #260: Oct 27, 2014 05:08:20 pm
      His first substitution appearance was on the left hand side and made an immediate impact for 2 attacks. Was only a cameo so didn't get to see much more of him than that.

Since then has played wide right and looked completely uncomfortable. I would like to see him given a central or left hand side role against Swansea and a full 90 minutes to be able to get a proper look.

Get the feeling there is a player there.

There definitely is. But it's a combination of big transfer fee leading to huge expectations for someone who is, afterall, still a kid at 20 and having to adapt to a new league/country/language.

Would like to see him F***ing shoot the ball though! :laugh:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #261: Oct 27, 2014 05:09:11 pm
      Its always more difficult to shine in a side that is performing poorly and under pressure. I am trying to be positive
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #262: Oct 27, 2014 05:59:30 pm
      Would say he will start against Swansea
      Needs to be more positive and shoot ! ;D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #263: Oct 27, 2014 06:04:03 pm
      He'll prove his worth just like Hendo did, I'm sure of it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #264: Oct 27, 2014 06:06:41 pm
      If played properly he'll deliver, give him some time. I have more faith in him than Mario.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #265: Oct 28, 2014 11:21:38 pm
      I liked most of our signings during the summer, and I still do. But for some reason I knew this wouldn't work out. When the rumors went out that we are going to sign this lad, I started my usual youtube research, and I was not impressed. Even in these clips, that are supposed to include the best moments of the player on the pitch, he doesn't look impressive. He actually reminded me a lot of a certain Albert Riera, and to some extent of Assaidi. I failed to see anything spectacular to justify his price tag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT6pXuQJFlk
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #266: Oct 29, 2014 03:51:13 am
      I have full belief that once he settles in ,he will be one of our important players.Patience is the key here.I have only read praise about him from his fellow players.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #267: Oct 29, 2014 12:06:56 pm
      I have full belief that once he settles in ,he will be one of our important players.Patience is the key here.I have only read praise about him from his fellow players.

He shows the odd glimpse of class, but seems tentative and unsure.
      He's a fine player who is still adapting.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #268: Oct 29, 2014 12:15:27 pm
      I just think he's a massive introvert! Needs confidence so he'll show what he can do!!
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #269: Oct 29, 2014 12:46:14 pm
      Who's he got to learn from at the club?

A 19yr old who deserves more rest?
      A South American superstar... who left the club.
      A manager who has had one successful (and trophyless) season in his whole career?
      Colin Pascoe?
      Ricky Lambert?
      A bloke from Italy who makes Collymore and Anelka look mentally balanced?

Therein lies the problem.
      Markovic has potential. Teams full of potential frequently get relegated.
      We won't ofcourse (unless Woyston comes back!) but currently its like having a load of graduate trainees run ICI.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #270: Oct 29, 2014 01:13:13 pm
      For those saying how class he is, can you find me a video of anything he has done in a LFC shirt so far that's worth watching?

He has been dire to say the least.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #271: Oct 29, 2014 01:53:52 pm
      Who's he got to learn from at the club?

A 19yr old who deserves more rest?
      A South American superstar... who left the club.
      A manager who has had one successful (and trophyless) season in his whole career?
      Colin Pascoe?
      Ricky Lambert?
      A bloke from Italy who makes Collymore and Anelka look mentally balanced?

Therein lies the problem.
      Markovic has potential. Teams full of potential frequently get relegated.
      We won't ofcourse (unless Woyston comes back!) but currently its like having a load of graduate trainees run ICI.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #272: Oct 29, 2014 05:35:48 pm
      Looks to me as though he has a rabbit in headlights look about him.

Even yesterday when he was getting slated I could see very small moments of intelligence and play which suggest to me he'll come on enormously with us. He'll need the minutes though and the League Cup is the only place we can really afford to give him them.

He could have done with another year away from the big time and developed without the attention and pressure a big club brings as I feel it is having a massive effect on his game.

So while he has indeed been extremely disappointing in terms of what we'd expect from a £25m player I think he might just develop into something very decent. Time scale on that though is probably a couple of years from now.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #273: Oct 29, 2014 09:16:28 pm
      Looks to me as though he has a rabbit in headlights look about him.

Even yesterday when he was getting slated I could see very small moments of intelligence and play which suggest to me he'll come on enormously with us. He'll need the minutes though and the League Cup is the only place we can really afford to give him them.

He could have done with another year away from the big time and developed without the attention and pressure a big club brings as I feel it is having a massive effect on his game.

So while he has indeed been extremely disappointing in terms of what we'd expect from a £25m player I think he might just develop into something very decent. Time scale on that though is probably a couple of years from now.

I wish I had your confidence mate but I haven't seen even a glimpse as yet. Not a trick, not a run, not a shot and not a pass that made me stop for a second and appreciate his quality. And I have to ask are you really buying potential for £20 million? Surely you should be getting a good chunk of ability and performance up front with the promise of more to follow? I just don't see it with this lad, usually you see something but I can't.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #274: Oct 29, 2014 09:51:50 pm
      As with all the new signings he has to be given time - but it's frustrating to see so much money being spent on someone who doesn't look any better than Suso or Ibe.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #275: Oct 29, 2014 10:19:43 pm
      I wish I had your confidence mate but I haven't seen even a glimpse as yet. Not a trick, not a run, not a shot and not a pass that made me stop for a second and appreciate his quality. And I have to ask are you really buying potential for £20 million? Surely you should be getting a good chunk of ability and performance up front with the promise of more to follow? I just don't see it with this lad, usually you see something but I can't.

I do believe an awful lot of expectation is on his shoulders at the moment. I've seen passes and interplay that make me think he's got something mate. Like I said above I don't think we'll get the benefit of that for perhaps a couple of years.

With regards the point about what you'd expect from a £20m signing with potential, well Lazar can't be blamed for that and ultimately if he isn't worth what we paid the the blame should lie squarely at the feet of those who assessed him to be so.

For me, I'm forgetting the price tag and seeing him as an up and coming player for us. Problem is of course if he stunts the development of Ibe/Sinclair.

Quick Reply