Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163432 times
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #529: Jan 12, 2015 01:26:09 am
      Was at the game yesterday and almost came when he hit that volley.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #530: Jan 12, 2015 10:49:52 am
      Was at the game yesterday and almost came when he hit that volley.

So did Connor Wickham.

http://vine.co/v/Op06PhPXOlg
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #531: Jan 12, 2015 12:38:46 pm
      Can't decide who has more beautiful hair him or Can....
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #532: Jan 12, 2015 01:09:17 pm
      Can't decide who has more beautiful hair him or Can....

Hendo?

:-*
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #533: Jan 12, 2015 01:18:10 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #534: Jan 12, 2015 06:45:51 pm
      Waheyyyy we have liftoff finally. Some red faced members on here I imagine after sending this lad down the river weeks ago.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #535: Jan 12, 2015 09:12:05 pm
      Waheyyyy we have liftoff finally. Some red faced members on here I imagine after sending this lad down the river weeks ago.

I don't think so mate, he was simply woeful when he came into the side and I wasn't afraid to say so. I don't think many here said he was a poor player period, rather they were giving opinions on how he had been playing and whether he had shown anything (which he hadn't) but he has been excellent since coming back into the side. Completely different player. This red is happy to eat humble pie and I'm not done eating yet!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #536: Jan 12, 2015 09:30:49 pm
      I don't think so mate, he was simply woeful when he came into the side and I wasn't afraid to say so. I don't think many here said he was a poor player period, rather they were giving opinions on how he had been playing and whether he had shown anything (which he hadn't) but he has been excellent since coming back into the side. Completely different player. This red is happy to eat humble pie and I'm not done eating yet!

I definitely remember some ridiculous comments about him and how we'd been sold down the river by paying so much for him. Posts that belonged in the knee jerk thread.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #537: Jan 13, 2015 02:55:18 pm
      It's starting to become apparent that he seems to have a bit more time on the ball than others, especially around the edges of the box.

Time will tell, but this is a quality all the best players have, and I'm seeing this in him.
      Not all the time, but often enough to notice.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #538: Jan 13, 2015 07:34:03 pm
      I definitely remember some ridiculous comments about him and how we'd been sold down the river by paying so much for him. Posts that belonged in the knee jerk thread.

Your probably right mate, thankfully my criticism was of a more constructive nature!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #539: Jan 13, 2015 08:06:56 pm
      Your probably right mate, thankfully my criticism was of a more constructive nature!

Spot on mate. You weren't someone I was thinking of at all.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #540: Jan 14, 2015 12:12:17 pm
      Markovic on that shot;

"If it had gone in, it would have been the best goal of my career.

"I have watched other players and picked it up from them. I learned from the other players because I saw them do it. I had a go in the match.

"I haven't seen anyone try it like I did. [The technique] is very hard because maybe if I tried 10 times, I might not have scored a goal. But I think I was lucky as well.

"I was obviously shooting to score a goal, I wasn't aiming for the crowd!

"I was hopeful that it would be a goal. Nothing really goes through your head, you go for it. It didn't go in, but what can you do? You carry on."
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #541: Jan 14, 2015 01:01:57 pm
      Markovic on that shot;

"If it had gone in, it would have been the best goal of my career.

"I have watched other players and picked it up from them. I learned from the other players because I saw them do it. I had a go in the match.

"I haven't seen anyone try it like I did. [The technique] is very hard because maybe if I tried 10 times, I might not have scored a goal. But I think I was lucky as well.

"I was obviously shooting to score a goal, I wasn't aiming for the crowd!

"I was hopeful that it would be a goal. Nothing really goes through your head, you go for it. It didn't go in, but what can you do? You carry on."

Show him some Suarez videos, quick.
      The goal scoring ones, obviously.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #542: Jan 17, 2015 09:26:42 pm
      Another solid performance by Markovic, he really is becoming a beast of a wing back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #543: Jan 17, 2015 11:52:43 pm
      Show him some Suarez videos, quick.
      The goal scoring ones, obviously.

F**k it, just show him all Suarez' videos. I still remember that volley in the 5-1 win against Arsenal, that was incredible and surely would have gotten goal of the season. Can't think of a better volley than that, everything was spot on from the technique to striking the ball. Just lacked a little bit of luck.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #544: Jan 18, 2015 07:05:33 am
      I'm surprised at how good he's become defensively in such a short space of time. Mark of a good player being able to adapt to a new role like that.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #545: Jan 19, 2015 07:37:36 pm
      I'm surprised at how good he's become defensively in such a short space of time. Mark of a good player being able to adapt to a new role like that.

I think it's actually going to do him the world of good in the future.  I don't know if he's going to turn into the top player everyone was saying he was going to.  But at least being forced to play wingback is going to drill into his mind that you have to defend too, no matter where you are on the pitch, that you have to get stuck in, track back etc etc.  Even when he (presumably) in the future moves back to the wing, he will still have that defensive training and will get back to cover the fullback instead of just switching off once the ball is past him.

I think it can only be good.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #546: Jan 19, 2015 07:56:06 pm
      I think it's actually going to do him the world of good in the future.  I don't know if he's going to turn into the top player everyone was saying he was going to.  But at least being forced to play wingback is going to drill into his mind that you have to defend too, no matter where you are on the pitch, that you have to get stuck in, track back etc etc.  Even when he (presumably) in the future moves back to the wing, he will still have that defensive training and will get back to cover the fullback instead of just switching off once the ball is past him.

I think it can only be good.

To be fair to the lad he has worked hard everytime he has played, regardless of position. I get the impression he enjoys that side of the game. It will definitely do him some good. I've been particularly impressed by his ability in the air, he's a fairly tall lad anyway but he really gets up high and attacks the ball.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #547: Jan 24, 2015 03:07:27 am
      I wanted this lad here before we were linked to him. I was concerned because when he came everyone was going wtf is this guy supposed to be. He's young and the squad was in major flux when he came. Plus, new club, new place to live, new atmosphere etc.
      He offers a rarity, that's why I liked him, I saw him defend, work hard from any position he found himself in and have attacking skills that surprised me. He is reckless sometimes though.
      Hope he flourishes here and hope our squad of youngsters come to fruition.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #548: Jan 24, 2015 07:05:44 am
      It's looking like he's going to be a cracking player. Wonder how much we'll get for him when Barca come in for him in a couple of years!  :depressed:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #549: Jan 25, 2015 01:21:33 am
      Man, he looks so good every game, he's becoming more and more comfortable and it sure looks like he's going to be a great pickup if he continues to develop. He's what...20?

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #550: Jan 25, 2015 05:20:01 am
      We looked a different side when he came on. Deffo has a bit of spark about him.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #551: Jan 26, 2015 10:48:02 am
      now stop trying to play without him BR keep him in the side till he tells you he feels tired. lad is improving each and every game and i think if he stared v bolton we might have scored 1st half.

Quick Reply