Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163318 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #598: Feb 17, 2015 04:53:08 pm
      Bizarre.

Guessing we'll see more of him the league and Ibe will play all the Europa games.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,012 posts | 523 
      Reply #599: Feb 17, 2015 06:31:38 pm
      Got to like his tweet  8)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #600: Feb 17, 2015 07:58:58 pm
      Absolutely bonkers call by UEFA, particularly as the sending off itself was actually pretty harsh given all he did was flick another player In the eye. Is it simply the ruling that two straight reds within a year get you an atomic four match ban?

I can't say I'm all that bothered mind, I'd prefer the club put all their resources into a top four finish and the FA Cup for the rest of the season. I suspect progress In the Europa League will be at a detriment to both of the other competitions
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #601: Feb 18, 2015 09:20:41 am
      Perfect response from him ;D. Joke.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #602: Feb 20, 2015 08:07:40 am
      he will be back sat hopefully
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #603: Mar 01, 2015 03:30:20 pm
      Despite a fantastic performance from the team today, Lazar Markovic failed to do much yet again.

Defensively he is good but we bought him for his offensive abilities and time and time again, he is so sloppy either running the ball into a defender or simply passing to no one. He seems to be able to get into good positions but then has a complete brain lapse and does absolutely nothing with the ball.

Alberto Moreno who is a left-back by trade is full of energy and tries to support every attack and his link up play is brilliant at times but Markovic on the opposite flank is anonymous as an attacking threat and I'm still not sold on him.

I still feel we should have gone in for the likes of Yevhen Konoplyanka or Xherdan Shaqiri before spending £20m on Markovic (who is costlier than the other two).
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #604: Mar 01, 2015 04:03:53 pm
      I think he is more suited to playing further forward.  But he is young and need to settle into the squad.   He needs the game time gain the experience.  But long term I think it is a no brainer his best position is not wing back.  Wide Forward. 
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #605: Mar 01, 2015 05:29:52 pm
      He played a delightful chipped pass to Lallana if i remember correctly, should have been an assist.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #606: Mar 01, 2015 06:38:57 pm
      He played a delightful chipped pass to Lallana if i remember correctly, should have been an assist.
      Two clear cut chances for Lallana actually. The second Lallana tried an ambitious over head shot.

Its weird. Generally I couldn't say his performance was good today, but those two chances alone were the kind that many very good attacking players can go several games without producing. On balance you'd feel Moreno had a better game, but in isolation he didn't create anything nearly as good as those two chances.

Anyway, I see a lot potential in the lad, and he's getting the defensive basics done, so there's a good platform to build on.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #607: Mar 01, 2015 09:51:39 pm
      Lazar was our "worst" player today but still looked better than Nasri did for City.

I think he's going to be boss in a season or two.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #608: Mar 02, 2015 12:24:22 am
      Not as direct as Ibe, though he has the tools.  Solid performance today, still feel he has a lot more in his locker.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #609: Mar 02, 2015 07:42:38 am
      agreed , he was the worst player for LIVERPOOL yesterday, he is still young , and he is being played in a position, I think he never played in , wing-back, so he needs to adapt to that position, don't think we paid 20M for 'bad ' player,, and he is getting a few criticism for his performances,,, this is reminding me of Lucas when rafa brought him to Anfield , we all remember how much stick he got,me included, NOW ? many, if not all, of us know how important , lucas is for the squad
        YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #610: Mar 02, 2015 09:59:10 am
      I think this young fella is still finding his feet at this level and we probably won't see his best this season but that's ok because when we do, he'll be fantastic.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #611: Mar 02, 2015 10:18:04 am
      I think this young fella is still finding his feet at this level and we probably won't see his best this season but that's ok because when we do, he'll be fantastic.

I don't think he's had a bad performance really apart since the first couple of months of the season (apart from when he played left wing back the other week). I'll happily welcome him at his best though, will be regarded as a top signing in the near future that I have no doubt.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #612: Mar 02, 2015 10:23:27 am
      I don't think he's had a bad performance really apart since the first couple of months of the season (apart from when he played left wing back the other week). I'll happily welcome him at his best though, will be regarded as a top signing in the near future that I have no doubt.

I think the speed of the league shocked him at first and now he seems to be rushing some things when he has time.  It'll come though, consistency comes with experience.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,308 posts | 6374 
      Reply #613: Mar 02, 2015 04:50:53 pm
      Still a kid, he's going to be immense as he grows with US.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #614: Mar 02, 2015 05:37:29 pm

Absolutely reddebs. He's shown enough for me to see he's going to be a top player.
      I can't believe some of our "support" at times, particularly when they want to write off a young lad with not even half a season under his belt.

Was good to see Henderson giving him instructions on the pitch as well, pointing where he wanted him and telling him which runner to track.
      This might also tell us that the lad hasn't really got to grips with the system yet, and that's not surprising as he has had so much to take in coming to a new club at a young age.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #615: Mar 02, 2015 06:06:14 pm
      Absolutely reddebs. He's shown enough for me to see he's going to be a top player.
      I can't believe some of our "support" at times, particularly when they want to write off a young lad with not even half a season under his belt.

Was good to see Henderson giving him instructions on the pitch as well, pointing where he wanted him and telling him which runner to track.
      This might also tell us that the lad hasn't really got to grips with the system yet, and that's not surprising as he has had so much to take in coming to a new club at a young age.

It's a lot for a young lad to take in that's for sure mate, he's not even playing in a familiar role never mind a new system.  I also think he's struggling with the speed of the league as he appears rushed when he's really got time to make better decisions, like he's expecting a crunching tackle from somewhere.

I have no doubts he'll be fantastic once he's settled in and more familiar with his team mates, the league and what's expected of him.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #616: Mar 02, 2015 06:31:26 pm
      It's a lot for a young lad to take in that's for sure mate, he's not even playing in a familiar role never mind a new system.  I also think he's struggling with the speed of the league as he appears rushed when he's really got time to make better decisions, like he's expecting a crunching tackle from somewhere.

I have no doubts he'll be fantastic once he's settled in and more familiar with his team mates, the league and what's expected of him.

He has moved around a lot for such a young age...new language the past 2 seasons, new manager, teammates and system the past 3 seasons.

Not easy and needs time to settle.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #617: Mar 02, 2015 06:34:49 pm
      He has moved around a lot for such a young age...new language the past 2 seasons, new manager, teammates and system the past 3 seasons.

Not easy and needs time to settle.

Not easy at all mate.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #618: Mar 02, 2015 07:32:19 pm
      agreed , he was the worst player for LIVERPOOL yesterday, he is still young , and he is being played in a position, I think he never played in , wing-back, so he needs to adapt to that position, don't think we paid 20M for 'bad ' player,, and he is getting a few criticism for his performances,,, this is reminding me of Lucas when rafa brought him to Anfield , we all remember how much stick he got,me included, NOW ? many, if not all, of us know how important , lucas is for the squad
        YNWA

To be fair to Lucas, we only paid £6m for him. Shelling out close to £20m for Markovic and given the hype surrounding him, I expected a lot more TBH.

I'm not naive enough to think his success and adaptation to the demands of the EPL was ever going to be instantaneous, and yes, he's playing in an unfamiliar role, he is still (IMO) particularly underwhelming and in no way whatsoever warrants the fee paid for him. If we had paid what the Chavs were going to pay for him he'd be quite rightly given breathing space.

Is he really just another casualty (alongside Lallana and Lovren) of the exorbitant and inexplicable fee's LFC paid out? Let's not forget the fact that the monies paid out for these three are in the same region as monies paid for Torres and Suarez, both of whom sold-on for massive profits. Markovic perhaps and if he lives up to his "potential", is the only player out of the three who we have any hope of recouping what was paid.

Joe Allen has never been given a free ride when trying to justify his fee, so why should Markovic be any different or exempt?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #619: Mar 02, 2015 08:17:24 pm
      Still not really delivering. Sure he's young - but so are Can and Moreno - who've already staked their claim on regular starting spots and looked like they can live in the PL. BR's needed Ibe to shore up for Markovic. May yet become a fixture, but needs to improve significantly. Hope he does, we need every swingin dick in the field..
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #620: Mar 03, 2015 04:41:34 am
      I just love the fact local scousers have given him the nickname "Lazzy"!

:)

Quick Reply