Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163095 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #621: Mar 03, 2015 07:32:00 am
      May yet become a fixture, but needs to improve significantly.

Yep.

I think everyone can see he has some talent, it's just that it is a little while away yet. Plenty for him to work on.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #622: Mar 08, 2015 06:30:01 pm
      I know many rate this lad, and I understand he's very young.
      But I personally haven't seen much in him atall since joining.
      If you do rate him what am I missing?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #623: Mar 08, 2015 06:34:01 pm
      I know many rate this lad, and I understand he's very young.
      But I personally haven't seen much in him atall since joining.
      If you do rate him what am I missing?

Not sure the system suits him.
      He's clips from before he joined showed him in more central roles,
      and he looked very good.

He might play better alongside Coutinho, behind Sterling.
      Ibe and Moreno in the wider roles.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #624: Mar 08, 2015 07:03:09 pm
      What exactly is the point of having a larger squad with (allegedly) better quality if those squad players can't fit in "the system"?

"So-and-so is good but he doesn't fit the system."

Well in that case what is the point in having that player in the squad?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #625: Mar 08, 2015 07:31:28 pm
      Not having him me... Just don't see it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #626: Mar 08, 2015 07:55:46 pm
      We must not allow recent performances get in the way of the fact he does possess some impressive technical skills. Playing in a position that doesn't come naturally to him hasn't helped but I respect his hard work down that right wing of late. I think he's a main reason for our defensive solidity in using his speed to get back. We've only seen flashes of his technical ability (notably against Sunderland a couple of months ago) but for god's sake give this young guy some time!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #627: Mar 08, 2015 08:01:28 pm
      We must not allow recent performances get in the way of the fact he does possess some impressive technical skills. Playing in a position that doesn't come naturally to him hasn't helped but I respect his hard work down that right wing of late. I think he's a main reason for our defensive solidity in using his speed to get back. We've only seen flashes of his technical ability (notably against Sunderland a couple of months ago) but for god's sake give this young guy some time!

I don't buy this. His main problems are when he is in the final third - his supposed strength. He loses possession so easily because he can't pick a pass, he just pops it forward and hopes.

He can zip past his man but he either gets a shitty cross in or he runs aimlessly to the byline.

He's had a lot of time to develop, he is playing in a very confident team right now and he still has done piss all. Needs to improve dramatically (not saying he can't) to stay in the team.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #628: Mar 08, 2015 08:08:52 pm
      Despite the weekly Crouchinho Lazar bashing he didn't have a bad game today and was a little unlucky to come off. Lallana didn't offer much more from the same position after the switch.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #629: Mar 08, 2015 10:12:52 pm
      Am I wrong?

I seem to be using the same reference point as everyone else when I say his Sunderland game was his only stand out. He was good against Arsenal as well.

Since then he has shown no better than 'average'. Is that good enough? Not in my opinion.

He has to improve, something I never said he can't do. I'm not really saying anything groundbreaking I think.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #630: Mar 08, 2015 10:22:38 pm
      Despite the weekly Crouchinho Lazar bashing he didn't have a bad game today and was a little unlucky to come off. Lallana didn't offer much more from the same position after the switch.

I would have taken off Lallana ahead of Markovic as well. Lazar can count himself a bit unlucky that he hasn't played many minutes inside in the centre unlike his fellow team mates.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #631: Mar 08, 2015 10:34:49 pm
      Since then he has shown no better than 'average'. Is that good enough? Not in my opinion.

hey.

the summer transfer policy was a resounding success.

you're not allowed to question it.  wind your neck in.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #632: Mar 09, 2015 12:22:20 am
      I'm with Crouchino on this one.

I was a little perplexed when we signed him in the summer as I thought we should have spent the money on an established wide man such as Yevhen Konoplyanka or Xherdan Shaqiri (who would both have been cheaper acquisitions too).

He seems to have it in his locker to run with the ball and open up space but his end product is shocking at times. He either runs into a defender, runs the ball out of play or simply lacks the composure to pick the final pass or shoot at goal. You can argue that he is played out of position but when he does get into the final third where he is meant to be at his best, he tends to do nothing.

Sunderland aside I cannot remember a match where I rated him being higher than a 6 or 7.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #633: Mar 09, 2015 12:30:30 am
      I'm with Crouchino on this one.

I was a little perplexed when we signed him in the summer as I thought we should have spent the money on an established wide man such as Yevhen Konoplyanka or Xherdan Shaqiri (who would both have been cheaper acquisitions too).

He seems to have it in his locker to run with the ball and open up space but his end product is shocking at times. He either runs into a defender, runs the ball out of play or simply lacks the composure to pick the final pass or shoot at goal. You can argue that he is played out of position but when he does get into the final third where he is meant to be at his best, he tends to do nothing.

Sunderland aside I cannot remember a match where I rated him being higher than a 6 or 7.

Shaqiri wasn't available and we've already gone down the Konoplyanka road before and the owner of his club is an awkward f**ker to deal with. Better and more reputable players have taken a while to settle and get used to the league than Markovic, he's only a kid.

jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      • a Red from the little red dot
      Reply #634: Mar 09, 2015 03:25:32 am
      what is disappointing is that he seems to lack the skills/ability/speed/confidence to take on his marker at 1-v-1 situations ..

not premier league defenders, not european cups defenders, and last night not even lower league defenders

compared to Ibe who mixes it up effectively, sometimes simple passes, some crosses, mostly running at them by cutting in or going wide, marking Markovic must be so must easier for a defender, as he's always looking for the most convenient option
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #635: Mar 09, 2015 10:18:51 pm
      He needs to put on some muscle, he's shoved far too easily off the ball.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #636: Mar 13, 2015 12:47:03 pm
      young lad adapting to a new country and a much much tougher league. Give him a chance he's got a long way to go but i think has the ability once english improves he has settled into new home etc.
      next season we will see a stronger and improved player, he's not been bad but so far not lived upto the "over hyped" reputation he came with. he's confident in his ability and did have a great spell till that stupid europa ban.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #637: Mar 22, 2015 06:29:44 pm
      Anyone know where Lazar is?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #638: Mar 22, 2015 09:39:17 pm
      Should have at least been on the bench today.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #639: Mar 22, 2015 11:56:10 pm
      He's still looking at the solar eclipse with those funny glasses

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/20/26D76CD700000578-0-image-a-8_1426868702339.jpg
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #640: Mar 23, 2015 09:24:06 am
      why was he left out i would have prefered  him as RWB over Sterlilng as Marko has done a decent job in that role, then we could have played Sterling central and benched Lallana

unless he's got a niggle BR got tactics wrong this time round
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #641: Mar 25, 2015 05:13:35 am
      why was he left out i would have prefered  him as RWB over Sterlilng as Marko has done a decent job in that role, then we could have played Sterling central and benched Lallana

unless he's got a niggle BR got tactics wrong this time round

maybe you should go tell him ;)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #642: Mar 25, 2015 12:41:04 pm
      right where's my coat i'm off haha we are all managers behind the TV screen just hope to see the Markovich that has all this potential out on the pitch sooner rather than later getting much needed game time.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #643: Apr 19, 2015 06:43:32 pm
      Manager seems to have no confidence in him really. I said when we signed him we were making a mistake and I stand by that.

We should have targeted the likes of Shaqiri, Konoplyanka or Tadic last summer - not Markovic!

Quick Reply