Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163145 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #851: Oct 21, 2015 09:06:56 am
      Why the F**k was he loaned out if we are so lightweight out wide?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #852: Oct 21, 2015 09:12:49 am
      Why the f**k was he loaned out if we are so lightweight out wide?

Because Rodgers would not play him and I assume he wants to play football.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #853: Oct 21, 2015 09:22:49 am
      We delve once again into the ''committee signings'' issue, loaning out recent signings, questionable player/management disagreements, wage caps and squad size:-

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/09/football-politics-lazar-markovic-and-the-mystery-of-boardroom-transfers/
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #854: Oct 21, 2015 11:38:12 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #855: Oct 21, 2015 11:49:54 am
      So Joyce says no Pearce says yes, I wonder who is right.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #856: Oct 21, 2015 12:35:41 pm
      So Joyce says no Pearce says yes, I wonder who is right.

I thought you could always recall a player from loan although it might cost you a bit to cancel etc.

Anyway I still rate Markovitch, there is one hell of a player in there trying to get out and with tutelage of Klopp and Bovac I think they can get the best out of him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #857: Oct 21, 2015 01:10:29 pm
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  1h1 hour ago
      Markovic's reps thinks #LFC can recall him in Jan, #LFC insist under the rules they can't. Looks like he's staying in Turkey for the season.

It seems he's staying where he is until next summer. I'm not sure what rules we'd be on about though. If there is a call back clause then it could happen but it seems to me that there isn't.

What seems strange to me is that Markovic's reps are even thinking about it. I guess Markovic wants to play under Klopp sooner rather than later.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #858: Oct 21, 2015 01:51:04 pm
      What is his favoured position then?

He says Brendan played him as a no.10 ?  I don't recall him playing in there much.

He played on the right mostly.

Some players need to just STFU and get on with it. Id be happy to play any fukin where for LFC.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #859: Oct 21, 2015 02:52:12 pm
      Lazar Markovic hits out at Brendan Rodgers - but Liverpool FC can no longer recall him

The Serbian winger blames Rodgers for his first difficult season at the club

Lazar Markovic has hit out Brendan Rodgers, blaming the former Liverpool boss for his struggles at Anfield.

But if the Serbian winger is hoping for a chance under new manager Jürgen Klopp, he will now have to wait until next season.

The 21-year-old joined the Reds in the summer of 2014 in a deal worth £20m, but took time to adapt to life on Merseyside.

The winger made just seven league appearances before Christmas, and was used more frequently as a wing-back in Rodgers' 3-4-2-1 formation.

The Serbian, now on loan at Fenerbahce, admits to feeling frustrated in that role – and with Rodgers.

“I didn’t have a good relationship with the coach,” Markovic told Portuguese newspaper A Bola. “That was a problem.

“I played in many positions but didn’t play in mine.”

Markovic's difficult first season led to him being sent out on loan to Turkey, where he has played four league games so far this season.

However, suggestions Markovic could return to Liverpool in January under Klopp appear unlikely, as the ECHO understands Liverpool do not have the right to recall him from his season-long loan.

Representatives of Markovic did believe he could be recalled in the winter transfer window, but it now appears he will stay in Istanbul for the entire campaign.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lazar-markovic-hits-out-brendan-10303682

Disappointed in Lazar, we all know it wasn't his best position but what did he do to show that he should play ahead of Coutinho last season? I think he has the talent but he needs to look at himself just as much as Rodgers for why he wasn't a regular starter.

Upon saying that I do look forward to seeing how Klopp will utilise him and what he may be able to get out of him. Whenever Markovic returns that is!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #860: Oct 21, 2015 03:43:50 pm
      https://twitter.com/Anything_LFC/status/656513546654756864

I say this would be optimal move for us and Lazar. He can thrive under Klopp as there won't be any wingback role this time.

If and when he comes back; where would you play him and who would he replace Gill?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #861: Oct 21, 2015 04:37:31 pm
      Another player to have not had a good relationship with him and again it is apparently one of the players he didn't push to sign. Play players out of position and you are asking for trouble, especially when playing attack minded players at WB.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #862: Oct 21, 2015 05:00:52 pm
      If and when he comes back; where would you play him and who would he replace Gill?
      Well, there are 4 competitions. He should be playing in place of Coutinho.Lazar has the pace and good technique that would fit Klopp's plan easily, and he seemed to do a lot of good defensive work when he was used as WB(Arsenal Home and Sunderland Away).
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #863: Oct 21, 2015 05:12:36 pm
      Where's he playing now mate - genuine question.

From what I can make out he hasn't had 90 minutes in any of the 4 games he's played in. I'm not even sure he's had a shot on target tbh.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #864: Oct 21, 2015 05:19:53 pm
      Well, there are 4 competitions. He should be playing in place of Coutinho.Lazar has the pace and good technique that would fit Klopp's plan easily, and he seemed to do a lot of good defensive work when he was used as WB(Arsenal Home and Sunderland Away).

But... I'm almost certain "his" position is wide left or right so playing in in a central role (much less in front of Coutinho) would be playing him out of position.
      Still... the sooner he figures out what his 'best position' is - the better for everyone: eh?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #865: Oct 21, 2015 05:45:15 pm

From what I can make out he hasn't had 90 minutes in any of the 4 games he's played in. I'm not even sure he's had a shot on target tbh.

4 games so far 1 as a sub and has one assist but been injured so not played recently.

Has played twice as a right sided attacking forward and once as a right midfielder.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #866: Oct 21, 2015 07:03:51 pm
      But... I'm almost certain "his" position is wide left or right so playing in in a central role (much less in front of Coutinho) would be playing him out of position.
      Still... the sooner he figures out what his 'best position' is - the better for everyone: eh?
      Well he seemed to be out of ideas in the attack when he used to play wide even though it was at wingback.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #867: Oct 22, 2015 10:50:49 am
      Has played twice as a right sided attacking forward and once as a right midfielder.
      Thanks for the info mate.

The article [the one where he calls Brendan out on playing him out of position] describes him as a "winger"; I'd say that, or "right sided attacking forward", is a fair enough description but Lazar, himself, prefers "the left side" so... It looks like (according to the info anyhow), even at Fenerbahce, he's being played outside his favoured position.

I guess he'll play anywhere to get a game... just as he said he would when he came here.   :-\

Lazar Markovic: The first interview

Have you had a chance to catch up with the manager, Brendan Rodgers? What has he said to you?

Nothing special. He told me what position I will be playing in the team and I am here to fulfil his expectations.

We know you can play in a few positions, but which would be your preference?

I do not mind. The left side is preferable, but I will play wherever I am asked.

What do you think you can offer Liverpool?

It is not my place to say, really, but hopefully my contribution on the pitch will show.

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166356-lazar-markovic-the-first-interview
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2015 11:02:59 am by bad boy bubby »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #868: Oct 22, 2015 05:34:29 pm

I couldn't tell you to be honest mate. I doubt it has been as a WB though but I haven't been following them so could be CB for all I know.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #869: Nov 08, 2015 11:02:45 am
      He's not really getting used enough. I'd call him back off loan and loan him out to someone else.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #870: Nov 08, 2015 11:47:06 am
      He's not really getting used enough. I'd call him back off loan and loan him out to someone else.

15/16   Hamstring Injury   Oct 29, 2015   Dec 1, 2015   33 days   6 games missed
      15/16   Hamstring Injury   Sep 27, 2015   Oct 12, 2015   15 days   3 games missed
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #871: Nov 08, 2015 04:00:40 pm
      15/16   Hamstring Injury   Oct 29, 2015   Dec 1, 2015   33 days   6 games missed
      15/16   Hamstring Injury   Sep 27, 2015   Oct 12, 2015   15 days   3 games missed
      do we intentionally sign injury prone players? We're going to be  the new arsenal if we ain't careful.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #872: Nov 08, 2015 04:51:01 pm
      do we intentionally sign injury prone players? We're going to be  the new arsenal if we ain't careful.

Yeah Brendan and Arsene had a bet as to who could have the most players injured at once.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #873: Nov 19, 2015 03:25:44 pm
      get him back its a player we need now to continue to push ibe whos been great since Klopps arrival.

Quick Reply