Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 162290 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #943: Feb 02, 2016 06:50:37 pm
      As a manager - would you want him returning to the club? If it dosent work out you can be almost guaranteed that he will deliver a cheap shot...

Is a player like that worth the risk? For a Messi or Suarez yes - you take the rough with the smooth, but for Lazar - im not so sure...
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #944: Feb 02, 2016 06:55:00 pm
      Agree mate.  I personally don't like that attitude and like you say a lot of us make exceptions for players that deserve it.   He doesn't come across the sort of player that is worth it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #945: Feb 02, 2016 06:59:04 pm
      I'd prefer to have players with a little more fight in them at the club. He gets dropped so he wants to leave? Players wearing the red jersey should have to fight for it!

Dropped from the squad not the team with no explanation
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #946: Feb 02, 2016 09:38:56 pm
      The explanation was that he was F***ing garbage
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #947: Feb 04, 2016 05:18:01 pm
      Liverpool transfer news: Club refusing to sell Lazar Markovic - even for £20m, claim Fenerbahce

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-refusing-to-sell-lazar-markovic-even-for-20m-claim-fenerbahce-a6851211.html
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #948: Feb 04, 2016 06:01:51 pm
      One for the footballing hipsters is Lazar.

He's sh*t.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #949: Feb 04, 2016 11:43:08 pm

He's sh*t.

Nah, he's not. HOw many games did he play for us in his proper position?

Some times you have to use your head to get answers.  He played very poorly for us and instead of blaming the manager he could have easily watched the highlights of his performances and would have got his answer that is if he did know.   He is still young and hopefully he will prove himself, but having cheap shots won't get him up the ladder faster.

Again, he played about three or four times further forward. He came on when we got twatted by City and looked bright, he was excellent against Spurs at Anfield and scored, he was probably our best player against Arsenal, but was hooked, played well against Basel until his sending off, etc.

One thing that annoyed me was that he was always the first sub and often he was taken off at half time regardless of how well he was doing. He would have decent games and be hooked at half time. That is going to do nothing for his confidence.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #950: Feb 05, 2016 02:23:10 am

He's sh*t.

He's 21 years old and do one of the top rated young talents in the world.  Can we not give him a second chance ???
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #951: Feb 05, 2016 04:02:48 am

Again, he played about three or four times further forward. He came on when we got twatted by City and looked bright, he was excellent against Spurs at Anfield and scored, he was probably our best player against Arsenal, but was hooked, played well against Basel until his sending off, etc.

One thing that annoyed me was that he was always the first sub and often he was taken off at half time regardless of how well he was doing. He would have decent games and be hooked at half time. That is going to do nothing for his confidence.
      [/quote]

Is that the Basil game where it looked at first glance he was trying scratch a player and got sent off for.   Listen man he may have potential, he may yet make it age is still on his side and if he does make it hopefully it is here.   But but he was not in the squad because he wasn't good enough and there were many players that were ahead of him.   His overall performances didn't warrant him to be automatically be chosen for the 17 man squad.  Having cheap shots while still being in the early stages of development and trying to prove that he is a player good enough to play for top team in one of the hardest league in the world isn't the recipe for success.  Whether you like or dislike or even hate the previous manager it doesn't mean it excuses a young hopeful to have a pop at him trying to get browning points.   

Most young players are played out of position to get that opportunity.  Why should he get special treatment.  That is not an excuse he was poor in his first spell.   Hopefully he does well in Turkey and comes back a better player. 

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #952: Feb 05, 2016 10:05:39 am
      I was thinking about Lazar the other day. I haven't seen him play for the best part of a year so like everyone else I've forgotten all the times he was sh!t. The only thing I can remember about him is a sidefoot volleyed goal in an FA Cup game, he looked as surprised as everyone else when it went in. Because though he hasn't played for us for a while, it's high time we all got a bit nostalgic for him (it's the best way of getting back into everyone on the forums good books, don't play).

He IS young and he WASN'T signed by Rodgers apparently, which means he will be given a fair crack by most. For my part though I have come to the conclusion after much deliberation that he isn't good enough. I think Jordan Ibe has shown 500% more in a Liverpool shirt than Markovic ever did, and has more potential too. As he is pretty much home-grown though and doesn't have an exotic name and haircut it'll take a while for him to win everyone over. 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #953: Feb 05, 2016 10:10:50 am

He's sh*t.

He was sh*t for us, I agree, but he's 20/21 and barely played in his natural position. He deserves a second chance if the likes of Moreno, Mignolet, Lovren etc. all got numerous chances.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #954: Feb 05, 2016 11:27:21 am
      Its the same with half of our players, we have no idea how good they are, because we are so awful and they are all play like strangers.
      Rodgers it seemed didn't rate him, but then again he played Can at right back in a 3, which in hindsight was his better position as he is F***ing awful in the centre of midfield.
      Just a load of mis management piling up on top of piss poor buys and decision making. If we were a normal business we would be bankrupt
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #955: Feb 05, 2016 11:38:29 am

He's sh*t.

Under Brendan maybe for a whole host of reason's. Let Jürgen treat him like a new signing and see how he get's on. Clean slate and all that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #956: Feb 05, 2016 11:40:46 am
      Under Klopp this kid will be a breath of fresh air, just watch.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #957: Feb 05, 2016 12:09:00 pm
      Behave yourself, he gets dropped for no reason and with no explanation by the manager, of course he's going to want to leave, anyone with any dignity or self respect, ie not Jose Enrique, would.

Pretty sure he was dropped because of his performances, didn't take a genius or an explanation to figure that out. Yes, he was played out of position but you still have to perform. Just because of his price tag doesn't mean he gets to play wherever he wants.

I hope he still has a future here because he looks like he has a lot of potential but he needs to grow up, he wont get anywhere with that attitude.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #958: Feb 05, 2016 03:03:49 pm
      will be interesting how will Klopp utilizes Lazar when he comes back (hope he does anyway)

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #959: Feb 05, 2016 03:05:10 pm
      He was sh*t for us, I agree, but he's 20/21 and barely played in his natural position. He deserves a second chance if the likes of Moreno, Mignolet, Lovren etc. all got numerous chances.

he was sh*t but is he or was he shitier than those who are now sh*t .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #960: Feb 05, 2016 03:06:23 pm
      Under Klopp this kid will be a breath of fresh air, just watch.

I always liked him he wasn't great but he was a kid and needed treating accordingly.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #961: Feb 05, 2016 03:31:36 pm

Definitely a question to ponder whilst sat upon the shi**er.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #962: Feb 05, 2016 04:23:14 pm

It's an intersting question ;D. "Degrees of sh*tness", we've certainly been through the full spectrum these last few seasons.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #963: Feb 05, 2016 04:31:41 pm

He wasn't sh*t and he'd definitely improve the current team if only because he has pace.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #964: Feb 05, 2016 05:48:15 pm

He wasn't sh*t and he'd definitely improve the current team if only because he has pace.

Moreno has more pace than the road runner but sadly his brain cant handle it. You need a brain first then pace second. Lazar needs a chance to prove himself as I don't think he was given that opportunity yet
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #965: Feb 05, 2016 05:55:02 pm
      He's 21 years old and do one of the top rated young talents in the world.  Can we not give him a second chance ???
      He never even got a first chance .

Quick Reply