Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Destiny

Read 4301 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Destiny
      Jul 18, 2014 05:29:05 pm
      The Destiny Beta is currently ongoing and I got extra codes that I wasn't expecting.

I have an extra PS4 EU code for anyone that wants it :)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Re: Destiny
      Reply #1: Jul 19, 2014 01:23:58 am
      Can't wait for this, shame that Xbox gets it almost a week later and only for 3 or 4 days too :(
      I'll be getting my code in the next couple of days and waiting excitedly for it
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2: Sep 21, 2014 11:08:11 pm
      Anyone been playing this? I've really enjoyed it so far, at level 25 and finished the story a while ago. If there's a complaint its that its too repetitive / item drops are unfair (had 3 legendary engrams, all of them have been rare items instead of legendary items). Really good though to have this different sort of game for console, I think it should be an exciting game as more content becomes available
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Sep 22, 2014 01:14:30 am
      Anyone been playing this? I've really enjoyed it so far, at level 25 and finished the story a while ago. If there's a complaint its that its too repetitive / item drops are unfair (had 3 legendary engrams, all of them have been rare items instead of legendary items). Really good though to have this different sort of game for console, I think it should be an exciting game as more content becomes available

Yeah I've got this now. Haven't played it that much, think I'm on level 8.
      I get what you're saying about it being a bit repetitive, you're the third person I've heard that from. The fact that you keep returning to the same map several times and sometimes to the same parts of that map makes it feel like they've been lazy and tried to get more out of each landscape they've created. I'm told the game environment as a whole is pretty massive though.
      The premise is a little simplistic. Whatever part of the story you're playing, the idea is essentially the same, if it moves, kill it.
      Nice graphics and the jump-in, jump-out co-op is cool though I'm not sure how it works if you're on level 2 and just drop onto a level 20 map with a mate?
      Overall it's what I expected from Bungie, a solid FPS with very much a Halo feel to it. Think it'll keep me interested for a bit anyway.

Bier
      Reply #4: Sep 22, 2014 02:00:33 am
      To me it's very dissapointing, very grindey and repetitive. It's a 500 million dollar game, should have been more to it and I think I'm already kind of over it.
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2014 01:01:28 pm by Bier »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Sep 22, 2014 12:52:21 pm
      To me it's very dissapointing, very grindey and repetitive. It's a 500 million dollar game, should have been more to it and I think I'm already kind of over it. I agree with most in this review:

AngryJoe Plays Destiny - Pre-Review Impressions

Pity. I'd been planning to get this.
      Think I'll just get ME2 from PSN.
      Bier
      Reply #6: Sep 22, 2014 01:00:27 pm
      I actually put in the wrong video! Edited my previous post. This is the actual review I tend to agree with on many points: Destiny Angry Review

I feel like it's more a platform to release alot of DLC for than an actual fully fleshed game at this point. And I hate that about these new big games, DLC galore.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Sep 22, 2014 01:02:58 pm
      I actually put in the wrong video! It's this one: Destiny Angry Review

But yeah, I feel like it's more a platform to release alot of DLC for than an actual full fleshed game at this point.

I've seen a reviewer I respect on twitter say the same thing.
      Basically that if they don't start releasing some expansive DLCs pretty soon that the game will die.

I presume the idea is that it will be heavily DLC driven for the foreseeable future.
      Bier
      Reply #8: Sep 22, 2014 01:15:30 pm
      I've seen a reviewer I respect on twitter say the same thing.
      Basically that if they don't start releasing some expansive DLCs pretty soon that the game will die.

I presume the idea is that it will be heavily DLC driven for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, they want it to run for 10 years, so they're going to drop tons of DLC for it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Sep 22, 2014 01:16:40 pm
      Yeah, they want it to run for 10 years, so they're going to drop tons of DLC for it.

I F***ing hate DLCs.
      Just give me a game with 20 hours playthrough from the beginning.
      Like TLoU or ME.
      Bier
      Reply #10: Sep 22, 2014 01:33:45 pm
      I f**king hate DLCs.
      Just give me a game with 20 hours playthrough from the beginning.
      Like TLoU or ME.

I loathe all these new monetization models in games. Especially the AAA titles nowadays seem less focussed on making a solid game than seeking ways to monetize their game. It's getting worse. I like clearity, I want to pay a set amount for a good finished complete product.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Sep 22, 2014 01:49:40 pm
      I loathe all these new monetization models in games. Especially the AAA titles nowadays seem less focussed on making a solid game than seeking ways to monetize their game. It's getting worse. I like clearity, I want to pay a set amount for a good finished complete product.

EXACTLY.

Give me a game that I can sit down and playthrough without having to go online for missions,
      or get expansion packs.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #12: Sep 22, 2014 06:12:05 pm
      Just got to level 20 a few hours ago..... games okay, nothing great and very repetitive, pretty much every part feels the same, never had deja vu in a game before I bought this....
      Probably gonna trade it in now I've done all the story and got to max rank (Can't be fussed with all that light armour stuff to level up further)

6/10
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Oct 22, 2014 12:29:56 pm
      Just got to level 20 a few hours ago..... games okay, nothing great and very repetitive, pretty much every part feels the same, never had deja vu in a game before I bought this....
      Probably gonna trade it in now I've done all the story and got to max rank (Can't be fussed with all that light armour stuff to level up further)

6/10

Saw quite a few people commenting about this.
      Totally on-line?
      Constant replaying of the same "raids" etc to level up?

Sounds dire.
      Bought ME2 for 8 quid on PSN instead.
      It was brilliant.
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2014 01:29:49 pm by racerx34 »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #14: Oct 22, 2014 01:24:46 pm
      Saw quite a few people commenting about this.
      Totally on-line?
      Constant replaying of the same "raids" etc to level up?

Sounds dire.
      Bought ME2 for 8 quid on PSN instead.
      It's was brilliant.

Yup, it basically an FPS version of a grinding game, something like Diablo for example, where the game is all about putting in hours and hours of the same thing to get the random armour/weapon drops to 'hopefully' improve your character, but that's all depending on how lucky you are with getting drops that are worth the bother. I actually kept the game and there is one strike mission now I have done well over 30 times haha, and I only just got my first piece of Legendary armour yesterday  :mad:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15: Oct 22, 2014 01:30:27 pm
      Yup, it basically an FPS version of a grinding game, something like Diablo for example, where the game is all about putting in hours and hours of the same thing to get the random armour/weapon drops to 'hopefully' improve your character, but that's all depending on how lucky you are with getting drops that are worth the bother. I actually kept the game and there is one strike mission now I have done well over 30 times haha, and I only just got my first piece of Legendary armour yesterday  :mad:

F**k. THAT.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #16: Nov 16, 2014 12:33:19 pm
      Lost interest very quicky. Just wish I'd bought a physical copy so I could get rid!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #17: Nov 16, 2014 01:11:39 pm
      Lost interest very quicky. Just wish I'd bought a physical copy so I could get rid!
      One reason I would never buy a console game digital  :lmao:
      They cost twice the price of PC games so I want the ability to trade it in for sure haha

Quick Reply