Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Who are the World Class Players in the Premier League?

Read 4868 times
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: Who are the World Class Players in the Premier League?
      Reply #23: Jul 19, 2014 08:33:24 am
      "World Class" & "Legends". Two of the most overused terms in football today.

IMO the 2 best players from the EPL's top six:

Arses - Sanchez & Ramsey
      Chavs - Hazard & Fabregas
      Citeh - Kompany & Silva
      LFC - Gerrard & Sterling
      Mancs -Rooney & van Persie
      Spuds - Eriksen & Lloris

Setting aside sentimentality for Gerrard, Kompany is the only player that I would truly deem World Class.

Would you put Silva ahead of Toure? 
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #24: Jul 19, 2014 03:11:27 pm
      I would add Begovic into the mix too, if he played for a top club I think a lot would take notice about how good he is.

I'll go for Cech, Begovic, Hazard, Kompany, Sanchez, Fabregas, Diego Costa, Rooney, Van Persie, Yaya Toure.

Top Class - David Silva, Mata, Sterling, Gerrard (at his age), Eriksen, Coutinho, Lloris, Joe Hart, Ramsey, Wilshere, Kosceilny
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #25: Jul 19, 2014 10:15:01 pm
      I would add Begovic into the mix too, if he played for a top club I think a lot would take notice about how good he is.

I'll go for Cech, Begovic, Hazard, Kompany, Sanchez, Fabregas, Diego Costa, Rooney, Van Persie, Yaya Toure.

Top Class - David Silva, Mata, Sterling, Gerrard (at his age), Eriksen, Coutinho, Lloris, Joe Hart, Ramsey, Wilshere, Kosceilny

You're putting players like Wilshere, Eriksen and Kosceilny in the top class bracket and you don't even mention Sturridge?

I think he's better than all three, and I think he's better then Rooney who you said was world class.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #26: Jul 19, 2014 11:31:49 pm
      You're putting players like Wilshere, Eriksen and Kosceilny in the top class bracket and you don't even mention Sturridge?

I think he's better than all three, and I think he's better then Rooney who you said was world class.

I don't see Sturridge walk into any side, he never made it at Chelsea why is that? He feels right at home with us because of the system we play and it gets the best out of him. I think he is a very good player but sometimes his decision making lets him down, plus the fact he played with a genius (Luis Suarez) who made him a better player.

Rooney is a world class player, he would walk into any team if he is up to it. He has great ability, strength and work rate. The only problem is that he is inconsistent, but his ability is there for all of us to see.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #27: Jul 19, 2014 11:37:33 pm
      Why do people keep calling Fabregas world class..... just because he played for Barca foes not make you a auto world class player. Now that Suarez has pissed off kompany and Yaya are the only two who stand out for a world 11.

Maybe Aspas makes the subs bench.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #28: Jul 19, 2014 11:39:15 pm
      I don't see Sturridge walk into any side, he never made it at Chelsea why is that? He feels right at home with us because of the system we play and it gets the best out of him. I think he is a very good player but sometimes his decision making lets him down, plus the fact he played with a genius (Luis Suarez) who made him a better player.

Rooney is a world class player, he would walk into any team if he is up to it. He has great ability, strength and work rate. The only problem is that he is inconsistent, but his ability is there for all of us to see.

Rooney is world class, I will have a pint of what you are on!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #29: Jul 19, 2014 11:41:29 pm
      Rooney is a world class player, he would walk into any team if he is up to it.

No chance.

He wouldn't get into our side for a start.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #30: Jul 19, 2014 11:52:32 pm
      I don't see Sturridge walk into any side, he never made it at Chelsea why is that?

Maybe it's because Chelsea never even gave him a chance in his favourite position.

And his goal scoring rate at Chelsea is very impressive when you consider he's playing out wide.

Rooney hasn't had a season like Sturridge's for many years to still be considered world class.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #31: Jul 19, 2014 11:56:48 pm
      No chance.

He wouldn't get into our side for a start.

Maybe he would now, we do have a space in the team that Fabregas should have filled.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #32: Jul 19, 2014 11:58:03 pm
      Maybe he would now, we do have a space in the team that Fabregas should have filled.

I'm confused Saint.

You think Rooney would get into our team?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #33: Jul 20, 2014 12:03:08 am
      I'm confused Saint.

You think Rooney would get into our team?

Seriously..... yes. Obviously never happen, but I do mate.  He's not world class, but I don't think you need to be to get in our team at the moment.     
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #34: Jul 20, 2014 12:07:16 am
      Seriously..... yes. Obviously never happen, but I do mate.  He's not world class, but I don't think you need to be to get in our team at the moment.     

I think a Rooney from the time when he, Tevez and  Ronaldo were in the mancs side would get into our side but not now mate.

Rooney had all the potential to be one of England's great players but I don't think he truly fulfilled that.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #35: Jul 20, 2014 12:15:51 am
      I think a Rooney from the time when he, Tevez and  Ronaldo were in the mancs side would get into our side but not now mate.

Rooney had all the potential to be one of England's great players but I don't think he truly fulfilled that.

We are not England though mate. For his club he has always scored goals (averages 20 per season for the mancs) and make plenty assists too.

I think he has always been overrated by the English media, but he is a good player.... just not the World class wonder boy they try to make out he is. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #36: Jul 20, 2014 12:17:27 am
      We are not England though mate. For his club he has always scored goals (averages 20 per season for the mancs) and make plenty assists too.

I think he has always been overrated by the English media, but he is a good player.... just not the World class wonder boy they try to make out he is. 

I actually meant one of the great English players rather than England players and agree Saint he has been a very good player but for me he wouldn't get into our side at this time.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #37: Jul 20, 2014 12:20:34 am
      I actually meant one of the great English players rather than England players and agree Saint he has been a very good player but for me he wouldn't get into our side at this time.

Fair enough mate. One things certain we will never find out :)
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #38: Jul 20, 2014 12:21:37 am
      Rooney is good, but he wouldn't get into our team, certainly not while we have Borini in the squad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #39: Jul 20, 2014 12:24:39 am
      Fair enough mate. One things certain we will never find out :)

True.

Quick Reply