Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Javier Manquillo (Atletico Madrid)

Read 14694 times
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Re: Javier Manquillo (Atletico Madrid)
      Reply #46: Jul 23, 2014 12:48:10 am

Reminds me of the Antti Niemi incident... ouch.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,307 posts | 6374 
      Reply #47: Jul 23, 2014 12:51:27 am
      £150mill to spend and we are still pissing around with loan deals. Us and loan deals don't work out well!

I'd rather loan deals not work out than buy deals not work out.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #48: Jul 23, 2014 12:56:27 am

Sahin being a prime example of - "Oops, misjudgement, back you go..." haha. :D

Let's also not forget Cissokho... imagine we had BOUGHT those players and were burdened with them on a permanent basis...
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #49: Jul 23, 2014 06:42:14 am
      Increasing rumors that it'll be Johnson/Manquillo for RB and Enrique/Flano for LB.

Very very disappointed if that's how our full-back search will end up.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #50: Jul 23, 2014 08:09:46 am
      I highly doubt it mate.

I would have thought it was important to strengthen the team (even if consolidation is one's only goal) and what you're suggesting wouldn't do that. Like it or not, Glen was very much a big part in Brendan's team (a team which performed very well); it'll take more than a very inexperienced, unproven, kid to dislodge him.

Stop it now Bubby, your talking far too much sense !   ;D

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #51: Jul 23, 2014 08:13:15 am
      Manquillo.Manquillo is a RB - would

seen him play a lot at youth level for Spain but only a bit for his club, typical modern fullback really,technically excellent and very mobile and pardon the pun very athletic
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #52: Jul 23, 2014 08:18:28 am
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #53: Jul 23, 2014 09:29:05 am

Maybe

I always wonder how the likes of Sahin and other loans are committed to making it work like a full signing would

Guess it's just the older football fan in me.. I'm not a fan of the loan system
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #54: Jul 23, 2014 10:25:40 am
      Sometimes it works . some times it dosen't

Liverpool have not had much luck with loanies, can't remember one good loan with us  moses, cissokho sahin ( hope this one , if its done will have a different result

BUT many loans (with other clubs) were   very good
      Its true that top clubs don't bring in much loan deals, but if its with an option to buy, with the eventual price fixed its not that bad option IMO

YNWA

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2014 12:50:51 pm by carragerrard »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #55: Jul 23, 2014 11:07:55 am
      another Luis Alberto written all over it.

on loan though it wouldn't be too risky.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #56: Jul 23, 2014 05:39:51 pm
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/22/liverpool-javier-manquillo-atletico-madrid

Liverpool near loan signing of Javier Manquillo from Atlético Madrid. The 20-year-old Spain youth international barely featured for Diego Simeone’s team as they won La Liga and reached the Champions League final last season but the right-sided defender is highly rated and coveted by several clubs this summer, Arsenal among them

So guess, Enrique & Flano will be our LBs for this season
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #57: Jul 23, 2014 06:02:05 pm
      Never seen the player play to be honest
      so looked around and found this with Spain against USA U20's

Javier Manquillo vs USA U20 | HD

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #58: Jul 23, 2014 06:04:35 pm

If you looked at it like that then we'd never
      Bother buying a player again.

Maybe its just me, but I'm just really against loan deals. To me it always comes across as they aren't a proper part of the team. Like Moses and Cissokho for example, and I'm not using thesse because they were sh*t, just that they were the latest two. When we were 11 games won in a row or whatever it was and generally having a great season, I could never really view them as a proper part of the team like.

I don't know, maybe I'm just against them because I can't remember us having a successful loan since Anelka, only for a poor management decision to not have him stay on after it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,217 posts | 4917 
      Reply #59: Jul 23, 2014 06:06:50 pm
      Maybe its just me, but I'm just really against loan deals. To me it always comes across as they aren't a proper part of the team.

You're not alone mate.

I don't think we should be loaning other clubs players at all. Far too small time for my liking.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,918 posts | 961 
      Reply #60: Jul 23, 2014 06:27:33 pm
      You're not alone mate.

I don't think we should be loaning other clubs players at all. Far too small time for my liking.

I'm alright with it as long as there is an option to buy at the end of the loan.  Loan to buy is the best way of doing business because it is a relatively risk free way of trying a player out before splashing the cash to buy him on a permanent basis.  This is why I get pissed when we send players on loan to buy deals because the selling club usually ends up getting screwed....
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #61: Jul 23, 2014 07:27:47 pm
      No problem with this one and by all accounts a fantastic player to boot. I wonder if he's going to come in ahead of Glen straight away or if he's seen more as next year when Glen steps aside?

Probably the latter but I honestly don't think it will take much ambition to nudge Glen out of that starting birth, he's been bloody awful for 18 months now. Flanno will be pushed out of his role so with Manquillo coming in then Brendan will have 2 lads to compare Glen to and I think he might spend plenty of that last year of his on the bench if this one comes off.

(Just for clarity, only fine with this if it is loan to buy, not loan only.)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: Jul 24, 2014 06:30:22 pm
      No problem with this one and by all accounts a fantastic player to boot. I wonder if he's going to come in ahead of Glen straight away or if he's seen more as next year when Glen steps aside?

Probably the latter but I honestly don't think it will take much ambition to nudge Glen out of that starting birth, he's been bloody awful for 18 months now. Flanno will be pushed out of his role so with Manquillo coming in then Brendan will have 2 lads to compare Glen to and I think he might spend plenty of that last year of his on the bench if this one comes off.

(Just for clarity, only fine with this if it is loan to buy, not loan only.)
      Doubt you'll have that attitude once you see what Echo is saying is in  Macca, it seems we've got him on loan for 2 seasons with an option to buy for 6m euros. However, this is just if he is a rubbish player.  Madrid can call him back if they feel he's good enough for them.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #63: Jul 24, 2014 06:42:06 pm
      Doubt you'll have that attitude once you see what Echo is saying is in  Macca, it seems we've got him on loan for 2 seasons with an option to buy for 6m euros. However, this is just if he is a rubbish player.  Madrid can call him back if they feel he's good enough for them.

Actually you are quoting the rumor mill section of the Echo in fact your not even quoting.

What the echo is reporting:

Liverpool are pursuing a deal to sign Atletico Madrid full-back Javier Manquillo.

The Reds are hoping to secure the services of the 20-year-old Spain youth international on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

Manquillo has also attracted interest from Arsenal but the Gunners have so far been unable to reach an agreement.

The ECHO understands a deal to take Manquillo to Anfield remains some way off with talks still an early stage

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/javier-manquillo-liverpool-fc-reds-7476406

Go back to your drawing board
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Jul 24, 2014 07:08:59 pm
      Actually you are quoting the rumor mill section of the Echo in fact your not even quoting.

What the echo is reporting:

Liverpool are pursuing a deal to sign Atletico Madrid full-back Javier Manquillo.

The Reds are hoping to secure the services of the 20-year-old Spain youth international on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

Manquillo has also attracted interest from Arsenal but the Gunners have so far been unable to reach an agreement.

The ECHO understands a deal to take Manquillo to Anfield remains some way off with talks still an early stage

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/javier-manquillo-liverpool-fc-reds-7476406

Go back to your drawing board
      That's what Echo are reporting.  I was saying what Echo said a Spanish paper was reporting.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #65: Jul 24, 2014 07:13:56 pm
      That's what Echo are reporting.  I was saying what Echo said a Spanish paper was reporting.

No the Echo "Rumor Mill" is not the same as The Echo "Reporting" The rumor mill is trash from all over the globe aggregated that's why they call it "The Rumor Mill"

The Echo is reporting that the deal is a long way off and negotiations have just begun.

Are you like the Scouse version of karl pilkington or something?
      « Last Edit: Jul 24, 2014 07:25:31 pm by AZPatriot »
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #66: Jul 31, 2014 11:49:37 pm
      I assume that this effectively means that Ryan McLaughlin is not seen as a viable option?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,217 posts | 4917 
      Reply #67: Jul 31, 2014 11:58:27 pm
      I assume that this effectively means that Ryan McLaughlin is not seen as a viable option?

I'd guess he'll spend the season on loan to get more experience.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #68: Aug 01, 2014 11:09:57 am
      It's looking like it.

I'd guess he'll spend the season on loan to get more experience.
      What is your thinking Si: Ryan loaned out, for more experience, then brought back as understudy to Manquillo [with Glen moved on]?

Quick Reply