Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool F.C. 0:1 A.S.Roma, Pre-In Game-Post Game Thread.

Read 13553 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Liverpool F.C. vs A.S.Roma, July 24, 00.30pm BST Pre-In Game-Post Game Thread.
      Reply #115: Jul 24, 2014 02:53:50 am

At least I managed to be right for a whole 11 seconds! Woo
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Liverpool F.C. vs A.S.Roma, July 24, 00.30pm BST Pre-In Game-Post Game Thread.
      Reply #116: Jul 24, 2014 03:00:50 am
      Very poor game. We could play for another 90 minutes and I'd doubt we'd score. Lambert was especially poor. Defensively we were decent, just one moment where we lost concentration.

Either way it's just pre season and we can't really judge anything by this. We should be better when our new signings, and our lads from the WC return to the team.

Lambert didn't have much to work with, Coutinho got into space well but was poor in his end product.

Emre Can impressed me, bulky but quick and seems to be very comfortable when on the ball, with a couple of games in him could see him and Henderson doing battle for a starting role alongside Gerrard if not instead off.

Peterson looked sharp as did Lucas, Allen seemed a bit panicky on the ball, didn't seem happy to have it at his feet too long but didn't play too bad.

Robinson and Kelly both played well imo, providing us with width but good defensive cover too.

Shame Suso didn't get on earlier hope to see more of him in the next game as well as Henderson who seemed very positive and energetic as ever after coming on.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #117: Jul 24, 2014 03:36:05 am
      Can and Coutinho were the two best players in my opinion. Kelly and Enrique looked good as well and could both be important players if they can get back to pre-injury form and fitness levels. Bad luck for Borini.... Hope he can recover quickly and hit the ground running this term.

Selfishly I'm very excited that Lallana, Gerrard, Studge, and Markovic weren't involved because that suggests that they will likely play on Sunday against Olympiakos and I will be at that game!!!
      AW00D
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #118: Jul 24, 2014 04:14:25 am
      This game was dire, no imagination bar Coutinho. Can did put in quite a shift though.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #119: Jul 24, 2014 04:54:25 am
      Coutinho for me, Can really looked like the complete player and for me was the 2nd best player on the pitch.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #120: Jul 24, 2014 06:08:17 am
      Just woke up and read through this in bed.

Thank F**k I didn't stay up.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #121: Jul 24, 2014 06:18:08 am
      Borini likely to be back in training in days not weeks.

Thank F**k.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #122: Jul 24, 2014 06:37:04 am
      Just woke up and read through this in bed.

Thank f**k I didn't stay up.

It was pretty bad, you made the right choice.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #123: Jul 24, 2014 06:52:24 am
      Still not watched a minute of pre-season. Don't think I've missed much as we're usually sh*te every year!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #124: Jul 24, 2014 07:11:35 am
      Misread the time and thought it was in 5 hours :(

Probably a good thing from reading this :D I see Coutinho got some good words, anyone else? Any sh*te performances?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #125: Jul 24, 2014 08:53:10 am
      I'm glad I went to bed at half time, it was depressing. There must have been 1 shot on target all game if that. Our defence were pretty good until the goal in added time. Two players who I thought did well last night were Coutinho and Can. Coutinho could do with some work on his long range shooting though, never seen one player miss so many shots by such a big margin :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #126: Jul 24, 2014 08:55:47 am
      Typical pre season friendly at the sounds of it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #127: Jul 24, 2014 09:03:28 am
      How did Ibe play last night?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #128: Jul 24, 2014 09:46:20 am
      Every year is like this during pre season... Couldn't give a sh*t as long as we come good for our opening game of the season.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #129: Jul 24, 2014 10:10:24 am
      LFC TV showing it at 2.30pm this afternoon so I've set the HD box and will treat myself to the bore fest tonight, would have been looking forward to it a bit more if we'd scored 7 that's for sure.

Am looking forward to seeing more of the new lads in our next fixture.

Seems we are playing with fire with Borini and I have to wonder whether it was worth the risk to take him out to the states. Just tell him he really doesn't have much of a future at the club, give him a tidy loyalty bonus and get his move to Sunderland sorted.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #130: Jul 24, 2014 10:30:58 am
      watched it  all, finished @ 3.30 in the morning (malta time)

It was BAD   pre-season friendly match from both teams,  apart from some strong and tough tackles from some roma players
         agger unfortunate with the own goal , not many chances from both teams with a few key players missing especially LFC

Maybe and hope  we will see a full squad in the next match

YNWA
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #131: Jul 24, 2014 10:32:00 am
      Was it just me or has Kelly got a tad leaner.  Maybe a deliberate act to counter his recurring injuries?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,603 posts | 139 
      Reply #132: Jul 24, 2014 10:56:38 am
      My thoughts about this game :

We need another striker for sure , as much I respect lambert but I don't think he will add anything to our game , he has poor touch in the ball , can't run behind the defenders , very very slow on counters , so I think we need another wide striker fast and can dribble and score goals like Remy .

The second thing is Agger and u blame BR for his performances he was a class defender butBR kept him in the bench , so of course he will lose his touch .

I know this is friendly but friendlies shows you what's wrong and we still need to fix many gaps in our gameplay , we need a : CB , LB , RB , SS
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Liverpool F.C. 0:1 A.S.Roma, Pre-In Game-Post Game Thread.
      Reply #133: Jul 24, 2014 11:23:51 am

We need another striker for sure , as much I respect lambert but I don't think he will add anything to our game , he has poor touch in the ball , can't run behind the defenders , very very slow on counters , so I think we need another wide striker fast and can dribble and score goals like Remy .

The second thing is Agger and u blame BR for his performances he was a class defender butBR kept him in the bench , so of course he will lose his touch .

I know this is friendly but friendlies shows you what's wrong and we still need to fix many gaps in our gameplay , we need a : CB , LB , RB , SS

Friendlies mean nothing in the grand scheme, it's all about fitness and having a look at the fringe players.
      Oh yeah almost forgot about the most important thing marketing and merchandise!!

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #134: Jul 24, 2014 11:53:38 am

You do realise we are signing Remy and Lambert will be our third choice striker don't you? He will be a target man off the bench if we are struggling against a team that parks the bus. He will he fine for that role.

I don't rate Agger as highly as I used to I don't think he has a strong enough physical presence to be a top CB in the PL. Which is why BR is so eager to sign Lovren.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #135: Jul 24, 2014 12:13:33 pm
      I only saw the first half and it was a snooze fest - feck knows how these matches are supposed to raise the profile of football in the razz ma tazz world of the USA. They need lights, camera, action, guns and high scores FFS!

Only saw the first half. I thought we looked fitter. We harassed in numbers and our system/formation looked pretty solid defensively. This may have negated our attacking instinct somewhat because I only saw Coutinho try a daisy cutter that went miles wide in the first half. In an attacking sense we looked void of anything but everywhere else we looked okay IMO. I actually thought Lucas had a good first half with Coutinho looking jinky too. Ibe and Lambert were a little disappointing in the case of the latter he couldn't really get in the game as he played a lone role. Didn't see much of Allen really which was a bit of a downer too. Oh well, nevermind ZZZzzz.
      « Last Edit: Jul 24, 2014 01:53:16 pm by Beerbelly »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #136: Jul 24, 2014 12:44:45 pm
      A few things stood out for me;
      Coates has improved quite a lot
      Can is a beast
      Coutinho is being given a license to run at the opposition
      Lucas likes getting a bit of retribution and looks fitter and sharper than he has for a while
      Lambert doesn't look comfortable up top on his own
      Agger still can't head a football very well considering his position
      Borini is cursed when he wears our shirt
      Can is a beast
      Can is a beast
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #137: Jul 24, 2014 12:47:18 pm
      Only good things for me, nice game.
      Don't care about the scoreline, fitness looks good, yes I am talking like a robot.

Quick Reply