Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Stand Names

Read 24981 times
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Re: Stand Names
      Reply #46: Apr 13, 2009 03:50:25 pm
      I don't see how people can name stands Shankly and Paisley yet leave out Fagan. Smokin' Joe was a true great for this club and had the disaster of 85 not happened he'd of been as (if not more) successful as our true greats.

Also what about the players who've made this club great, yet have sadly gone to a better place. The likes of Billy Liddell, Elisha Scott, Gordon Hodgson, Alex Raisbeck, Jack Balmer, Billy Dunlop, Phil Taylor (also manager) Matt McQueen (also manager) Emlyn Hughes, Arthur Goddard, Emphraim Longworth and so on. Do they not deserve a stand named after them? This is why I can't take to the idea of namin the new stands after indiviuals, there's too many greats associated with this club who all have valid arguements to havin a stand named after them.

As for namin a stand "Hillsborough" that just doesn't make sense to me. Hillsborough is a ground, not a stand, where unfortunately 96 of our fans lost their lives and plenty of others were injured (physically an mentally) and namin a stand after somethin like that looks like we're tryin to gloryfy it. The memorial which has to go to the new stadium, is enough to remind every single fan that enters Anfield of what happened.

What about Legends Stand (for all the reds legends), memorial stand (hillsborough and heysel) and anfield stand( in honour of anfield)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #47: Apr 13, 2009 07:35:41 pm
      What about Legends Stand (for all the reds legends), memorial stand (hillsborough and heysel) and anfield stand( in honour of anfield)

I think it'll be renamed into something like the Legendary Kop or something like that. Bringing together both players and fans a like into the one stand. It used to be the Spion Kop, so having the "something" Kop isn't new to the club.

Memorial stand is a decent enough idea but we've never done it before, with owners who know a whole lot more about the club than our current ones, so I don't think we'll be naming a stand after it now. The Hillsborough memorial will certainly go to the new stadium if and when it's built.

And Anfield stand? Again seems a good idea, but won't the ground be Anfield anyway? Bit unlikely we'll have a stand and ground sharing the same name.
      King of the Kop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #48: Apr 20, 2009 08:04:09 pm
      What about The Kenny Dalglish, Bill Shankly & 96 Kop in memorial to the hillsborough victims, it cant be easy for the families to even say the word Hillsborough.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #49: Apr 22, 2009 08:41:23 am
      Memorial Stand (in which it remembers Heysel and Hillsborough, and has 96 seats in shape of 96 in white left forever.)-rest of seats red
      Kop End
      Sponsors Stand (swap sponsor every 3 years to highest bidder, this is the away fans end)
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      thats 3 and i can't think of a fourth
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #50: May 07, 2009 04:29:40 pm
      good to see so many people jump aboard my memorial stand idea, made my day that
      rainOd5star
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #51: May 07, 2009 05:11:25 pm
      Memorial Stand (in which it remembers Heysel and Hillsborough, and has 96 seats in shape of 96 in white left forever.)-rest of seats red
      Kop End
      Sponsors Stand (swap sponsor every 3 years to highest bidder, this is the away fans end)
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      thats 3 and I can't think of a fourth
      Great idea about the 96 seats, can't see them going for it though! 4th stand simply 'The Great's' , could name the rows after players. it could be voted for and proceeds going to charity?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #52: May 12, 2009 10:18:06 am
      Quite simple really!

Shankly Kop, followed by Paisley, Fagan & Dalglish stands.

The only acceptable names for four new stands. Obviously Shanks gets the Kop!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #53: May 15, 2009 11:50:37 am
      Kop End
      thats 3 and I can't think of a fourth

My earlier Idea and I was thinking a couple of days ago that the Memorial Stand I proposed, instead of the 96 seats being in the shape of a 96, that they spell out the word "JUSTICE' in white and are left forever blank.
      The Kop end
      Sponsors Stand say... Carslberg Stand (away fans still)
      And the Legends Stand, each block is given a name of a managing Legend, and each row is given the name of a playing legend. So on you ticket it could say " Legends Stand, Shankly block, Hyypia row, seat 22. or something like that.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #54: May 15, 2009 11:53:57 am
      ^^^^

Oi!

I think I was the first to mention the idea of the Legends Stand!

;)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #55: May 15, 2009 11:58:05 am
      Ah yeh you were, my bad  ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #56: May 15, 2009 12:01:28 pm

You expanded on the idea very well though, so credit shared I think! ;)
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #57: May 15, 2009 08:26:55 pm
      Dalglish stand? Considering what he has done for the club and what he continues to do for the Liverpool community?
      pap0169
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #58: Jun 14, 2009 08:36:11 pm
      The Kop, Paisley and Shankly Stands are good for me and what about for the visiting fans "Stand in Amazement"
      pap0169
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #59: Jun 14, 2009 08:39:48 pm
      On a more serious note, There should be some memorial to the "96", the earlier suggestion of the seats arranged in the 96 left in white in the kop end may be more fitting !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #60: Jun 27, 2009 03:20:51 pm
      On a more serious note, There should be some memorial to the "96", the earlier suggestion of the seats arranged in the 96 left in white in the kop end may be more fitting !

There is, it's called the Hillsborough Memorial and has the Eternal Flame, situated right by the Shankly Gates.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #61: Jun 29, 2009 10:50:46 am
      There can be a section on the kop called the Hillsborough section where on 96 of the seats the names of the Hillsborough victims can be put . That would be nice .
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #62: Jun 29, 2009 07:41:04 pm
      THE KOP , SHANKLEY MAIN STAND , THE BOB PASLEY STAND,   REMEMBER THE 96 STAND
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #63: Jun 29, 2009 07:42:32 pm
      on the remember the 96 stand like the lfc on the kop a big white number 96
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #64: Jul 02, 2009 02:10:32 am
      I think that the away fans need a stand which isn't a good as the stand names we're thinking of such as a Sponsors stand
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #65: Jul 05, 2009 03:55:09 pm
      Agree you could have Gilliet Corner for the away fans
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #66: Jul 05, 2009 03:56:01 pm
      just give the away fans up in the corner of the 3rd teir or the botton teir get them out of the road mabe a few hunderd seats
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #67: Jul 06, 2009 01:57:53 pm
      i reckon we have a special section at the highest point furthest away from the pitch specially reserved for when newcastle visit in the future
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #68: Jul 06, 2009 02:08:32 pm
      i reckon we have a special section at the highest point furthest away from the pitch specially reserved for when newcastle visit in the future

If ;)

Quick Reply