Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

First manager to get the sack in the upcoming season.

Read 2159 times
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      First manager to get the sack in the upcoming season.
      Jul 26, 2014 09:40:40 am
      Post here who you think is in line for the chop first once the premiership season kicks off

I think it will be one of Lambert, Poyet, Pearson or Allardyce if any of their teams get off to a poor start or are on the wrong end of a thrashing or two early on.

Pushed to pick just one of those I think Big Sam is probably halfway out the door already at West Ham and his days may well be numbered.

Of the top half teams, looking at the way AVB went last year, I think  Pochettino could be under real pressure if he doesn't start the season well...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: First manager to get the sack in the upcoming season.
      Reply #1: Jul 26, 2014 10:13:52 am
      Post here who you think is in line for the chop first once the premiership season kicks off

I think it will be one of Lambert, Poyet, Pearson or Allardyce if any of their teams get off to a poor start or are on the wrong end of a thrashing or two early on.

Pushed to pick just one of those I think Big Sam is probably halfway out the door already at West Ham and his days may well be numbered.

Of the top half teams, looking at the way AVB went last year, I think  Pochettino could be under real pressure if he doesn't start the season well...

With Levy in charge who knows.......
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2: Jul 26, 2014 12:04:42 pm
      Agree on Fat Sam.

If they get off to a poor start I think fan pressure will dictate that he goes.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Jul 26, 2014 12:14:13 pm
      Agree on Fat Sam.

If they get off to a poor start I think fan pressure will dictate that he goes.

The fans successfully pressurised the board into hiring a coach who would help change their style of play. Then appointed Teddy Sheringham. Don't know if that's going to help.

Been worrying about Garry Monk at Swansea to be honest.

Think there's going to be a couple of opportunities for Malky Mackay to return to the league and Swansea or West Ham could be those clubs.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: Jul 26, 2014 12:20:37 pm
      The fans successfully pressurised the board into hiring a coach who would help change their style of play. Then appointed Teddy Sheringham. Don't know if that's going to help.

Been worrying about Garry Monk at Swansea to be honest.

Think there's going to be a couple of opportunities for Malky Mackay to return to the league and Swansea or West Ham could be those clubs.

Forgot about Monk FMS.

He would be up there as well I think.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #5: Jul 26, 2014 01:13:54 pm
      With the rate players are going out the door at Southampton, I can see Koeman really struggling. Especially if he doesn't invest the money they're getting well.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6: Jul 26, 2014 01:30:13 pm
      With the rate players are going out the door at Southampton, I can see Koeman really struggling. Especially if he doesn't invest the money they're getting well.

Especially when you consider that Koeman's managerial career the last few years has been underwhelming to say the least.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #7: Jul 26, 2014 01:40:55 pm
      It's got to be fat sam, if they lose the majority of the first six the bubble blowers will reignite their end of season hatred for him in their misguided 1966 ruled heads that they deserve greatness.

If not fat sam then unfortunately I think Poyet may go, shame if it happens as I like Gus.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #8: Jul 27, 2014 09:45:18 pm
      Get on fat Sam @ 7/1
      Already at loggerheads with the board ,Andy Carroll injured again oh and the fans hate the fat Jaffa .:-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Jul 27, 2014 10:20:36 pm
      Maureen, will fall out with Abramovic...again. They're due a managerial change anyway aren't they?
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #10: Jul 28, 2014 12:35:04 am
      Really hoping it's 'Arry Redknapp.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: Jul 28, 2014 02:42:44 am
      I don't mind Redknapp. Plays decent footy.

I think Koeman is already in some trouble. His whole team has been sold and they haven't bought anyone three weeks out from the season starting.

Leicester and Burnley need to start well otherwise we could see what happens every season where the manager who gets them promoted gets sacked by Christmas. Don't think Redknapp will face that though, he's the best they can get and Fernandes seems to like him.

Fat Sam is up against it already. Hope he goes.

Alan Irvine, too. Surprise appointment and looks a little out if his depth.

Push comes to shove, I'd pop for Irvine. Average team with an unproven manager can be a recipe for disaster.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #12: Jul 28, 2014 01:19:40 pm
      I don't mind Redknapp. Plays decent footy.

I think Koeman is already in some trouble. His whole team has been sold and they haven't bought anyone three weeks out from the season starting.

Leicester and Burnley need to start well otherwise we could see what happens every season where the manager who gets them promoted gets sacked by Christmas. Don't think Redknapp will face that though, he's the best they can get and Fernandes seems to like him.

Fat Sam is up against it already. Hope he goes.

Alan Irvine, too. Surprise appointment and looks a little out if his depth.

Push comes to shove, I'd pop for Irvine. Average team with an unproven manager can be a recipe for disaster.
      I don't particularly mind him either, but I'd quite like to see Ferdinand and Barton go down.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Aug 14, 2014 11:17:51 pm
      Who would of guessed it was going to be Tony Pulis? Poor Martin Kelly loses his manager in the day he signs.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #14: Aug 16, 2014 03:30:15 pm
      Koeman...after we beat them 10-0 tomorrow
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Aug 17, 2014 08:38:48 am
      Fat b***ard Allardyce will be gone before November kicks in, and Irvine at the baggies has to be up there to, would love it tho if Chip Van Wrinkle at the munts, fucks off once the medias backstabbing kunt's put there oar in,
      After losing to swans yesterday the vultures are circling already.  :lmao:

YNWA
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16: Aug 17, 2014 12:34:16 pm

After losing to swans yesterday the vultures are circling already.  :lmao:

Bet Ashley Young is taking special care to keep his gob shut, in that case.

Quick Reply