Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305339 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #230: Nov 11, 2014 03:38:22 pm
      An interesting take on our defensive issues

www.gemsandrhinestones.com

NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #231: Nov 12, 2014 09:04:15 am
      His confidence seems totally shot. A spell in the reserves and the league cup team surely is the best option, or even sending him out on loan in January? (Brendan won't of course). Hoping sakho comes back in now he's free of injury.

It's interesting to google "Lovren Lyon"... His issues there weren't so different to what he has currently... Out of his depth at a bigger club, and not the player the coach was expecting.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #232: Nov 12, 2014 01:46:38 pm
      Interesting read there.Our midfield players don't tackle but they aren't even pressing hard enough these days.But apart from that lovren was woeful against chelsea.Was getting beat like a rookie defender instead of an international.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #233: Nov 23, 2014 03:10:24 pm
      Been trying really hard to think of a worse Liverpool central defender on my time as a LFC fan but right now I just can't.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #234: Nov 23, 2014 03:30:13 pm
      Now i understand why Lyon fans were raising money to get rid of him.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #235: Nov 23, 2014 03:37:23 pm
      Interesting read there.Our midfield players don't tackle but they aren't even pressing hard enough these days.But apart from that lovren was woeful against chelsea.Was getting beat like a rookie defender instead of an international.

It's what I've been saying for ages - Gerrard is NOT a holding midfielder and pressing? He can't even move.

It's a F***ing joke.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #236: Nov 23, 2014 03:57:37 pm
      Has there even been a more useless CB in fact any player at our club. That second goal  :lmao: :lmao:

Masquerading as a professional footballer but don't worry guys he is a cert for the next match  :mad:
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 04:14:44 pm by HScRed1 »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #237: Nov 23, 2014 03:59:32 pm
      Flattered to deceive he was a good signing pre season. Has been F***ing sh*t since then. £20 million. Wow.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #238: Nov 23, 2014 04:01:06 pm
      Apart from that mistake, he did have a decent game. Looks mentally shot tough.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #239: Nov 23, 2014 07:28:20 pm
      20 million pounds, twenty million pounds ! for this useless F**k
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #240: Nov 23, 2014 09:59:44 pm
      The slip aside he actually had a decent game.

Won some decisive tackles on the ground and key aerial duels, in fact seemed to be the only player able to win a defensive header in the back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #241: Nov 23, 2014 11:05:48 pm
      The slip aside he actually had a decent game.

Won some decisive tackles on the ground and key aerial duels, in fact seemed to be the only player able to win a defensive header in the back.

Did you watch the game? He gifted the second goal, could probably have done better on the first. His passing to players 10 yards away were like Exocets but apart from that he was class.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #242: Nov 23, 2014 11:27:32 pm
      Did you watch the game? He gifted the second goal, could probably have done better on the first. His passing to players 10 yards away were like Exocets but apart from that he was class.

Offcourse I watched the game mate.

He slipped up for the second goal a bit unfortunate but not entirely blameless as his positioning should have been better , you could also question why he is on the left flank covering for Johnson.

Absolute bollocks that he could have done anything to stop the first goal Skrtel watches as Bolaise drifts from right to left and does nothing about it Lovren tries to block the shot with a diving effort.

The only one pass I recall him cocking up was in the first half where he tried to play Johnson with a poor pass which Johnson could not control and resulted in going into touch.

If you are expecting the guy to find a Liverpool player's feet with every aerial clearence he makes, you ar expecting too much. As I said he seemed to be the only player in a yellow shirt capable of wiining the ball in the air in our box.

Don't put words in my mouth I never said he was "class" the word I used was decent. There were others who played far worse then him.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #243: Nov 24, 2014 02:47:48 am
      Up there amongst the worst central defenders I've ever seen play for the club. An absolute disgrace to the shirt.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #244: Nov 24, 2014 04:09:06 am
      He's looked bad yes, but then so has everyone else. He's playing in a team which right now is being exposed left right and centre, so of course it's easy to spot mistakes from the CB's.

I wouldn't say he's been any worse than Skrtel this season. I'm not writing him off yet and I think comments like this:

Up there amongst the worst central defenders I've ever seen play for the club. An absolute disgrace to the shirt.

could be seen as a little pre-mature in a years time. I hope so, anyway.

If you judged Sterling, Coutinho, Gerrard or any number of other players on this season alone, you could argue they've been just as bad. We've been disgracefully bad this season, but the whole team has, not just Dejan Lovren.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #245: Nov 24, 2014 04:27:09 am
      He's looked bad yes, but then so has everyone else. He's playing in a team which right now is being exposed left right and centre, so of course it's easy to spot mistakes from the CB's.

I wouldn't say he's been any worse than Skrtel this season. I'm not writing him off yet and I think comments like this:

If you judged Sterling, Coutinho, Gerrard or any number of other players on this season alone, you could argue they've been just as bad. We've been disgracefully bad this season, but the whole team has, not just Dejan Lovren.

Again mate top post agree.

He has been but not the only one on the list.

He's price tag has burneded him with massive expectation to shore up the defence.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #246: Nov 24, 2014 05:35:51 am

Good points and they apply to a lot of our players. I get it, people are frustrated and mad and the easiest way to try and make yourself feel better is to take it out on the guys on the pitch. Lovren got plaudits galore after his first game or two if I remember correctly so it's odd that he can go from being so welcomed and lauded to basically being crapped on. I think our problems run deep unfortunately and aren't just one or two player specific.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #247: Nov 24, 2014 07:22:49 am
      Good points and they apply to a lot of our players. I get it, people are frustrated and mad and the easiest way to try and make yourself feel better is to take it out on the guys on the pitch. Lovren got plaudits galore after his first game or two if I remember correctly so it's odd that he can go from being so welcomed and lauded to basically being crapped on. I think our problems run deep unfortunately and aren't just one or two player specific.

This guy was bought for £20M on the back of a decent 6 months at Saints so you could say he just reverted back to type from his Lyon days.

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2014 08:56:34 am by HScRed1 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #248: Nov 24, 2014 08:25:54 am
      F**k I miss Samy Hyypia!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #249: Nov 24, 2014 08:58:17 am
      Lovren has been at fault for a lot of our goals this season,  he still puts in more of an effort than Johnson though. I think he,  like the rest of the team, is low cost confidence.
      Forget the price tag,  there is still time for him to come good, but he needs more cover from his full backs and midfield.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #250: Nov 24, 2014 11:21:34 am
      I'm not one for passing definitive judgement on players that have been at the club for such a short time either, but I fail to see the positives in Lovren so far, with the exception of one or two performances perhaps.

I believe any central defender would suffer with our current tactical setup, as they're left way too exposed, but he's not been doing himself any favors. I also feel so far he's one of the worst CBs I've seen on my time as a LFC fan, but it's still early and he just got himself into a side full of problems, so who knows... hope is the last to die.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #251: Nov 24, 2014 03:22:06 pm
      Saw a stat prior to the game that puts Lovren top of the list of 'Errors that led to goals'.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #252: Nov 24, 2014 03:30:13 pm
      I wills give him the benefit of the doubt did you hear Carra slating Skrtel saying he hated playing with him as he wouldn't listen, maybe Skrtel is bringing these lad down you don't go from the best centre back in the league one season to a farce the next without good reason.

Quick Reply