Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 307085 times
      Lenik
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #322: Dec 17, 2014 01:05:32 pm
      I see It's very popular for last few weeks to criticise Lovren. I'm from Croatia, and I'm true Liverpool FC fan. I'm not here to defend Lovren, but I think and I know he is great player...He is NOT Sergio Ramos or Hummels...no he is NOT  Thiago Silva or Terry....but he is more than capable to play on high level and he showed it last year with Southampton.
      Whole team play very bad..there are no cohesion, no team play and to be honest there is no enough quality. Sterling is big talent but if you look at rosters of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea, Bayern .... maybe 1 player from this Liverpool roster could play in starting 11 of this clubs....that's truth..painful truth...

First of all Lovren need to gain his confidence back and he will be 100% better player.

Our media spreading Carragher interviews. But let's face with facts. Who si Carragher? I agree he was great player/defender but I think he is the player with the most own goals in football history. I just want to say he had turbulences too in his ownn career.

Lovren bad form is not the main reason why is Liverpool playing so bad at this moment. This "black" days for Lovren will be past, but will then results of Liverpool be better?

Just ask yourself what did Balloteli, Lambert, Lallana, Moreno, Allen do this season? Why is Glenn Johnson playing?? In this team is at least 10 players which don't deserve to be in such BIG club. They are at least two steps under a FC Liverpool level...

We all have too big expectations from this team. In truth Marković, Can, Allen, Balloteli, Borini, Moreno, Johnson vs players like Rakitic, Isco, Coentrao, Reina, Cavani, Reus, Hummels... no other word needed.

I apologize for some grammar mistakes. I just wanted to say my opinion. Give Lovren more time, he is 25 and he will get out of this slump and prove to deserve starting place in Liverpool FC.

greetings from Croatia...
      Lenik
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #323: Dec 17, 2014 01:25:28 pm
      That is VERY good analysis by Carra and later by Neville. I never noticed before what massive gaps we have in our backline because we don't defend as a unit. Individual defending.

Do you remember? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-F4KaRdYw4
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #324: Dec 17, 2014 03:54:54 pm

Sure do. He scored more against us than for us haha. But I'm not sure what Carragher's flicked headers have to do with the gaps Lovren and Skrtel leave between their respective fullbacks :laugh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #325: Dec 17, 2014 04:16:08 pm
      I see It's very popular for last few weeks to criticise Lovren. I'm from Croatia, and I'm true Liverpool FC fan. I'm not here to defend Lovren, but I think and I know he is great player...He is NOT Sergio Ramos or Hummels...no he is NOT  Thiago Silva or Terry....but he is more than capable to play on high level and he showed it last year with Southampton.
      Whole team play very bad..there are no cohesion, no team play and to be honest there is no enough quality. Sterling is big talent but if you look at rosters of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea, Bayern .... maybe 1 player from this Liverpool roster could play in starting 11 of this clubs....that's truth..painful truth...

First of all Lovren need to gain his confidence back and he will be 100% better player.

Our media spreading Carragher interviews. But let's face with facts. Who si Carragher? I agree he was great player/defender but I think he is the player with the most own goals in football history. I just want to say he had turbulences too in his ownn career.

Lovren bad form is not the main reason why is Liverpool playing so bad at this moment. This "black" days for Lovren will be past, but will then results of Liverpool be better?

Just ask yourself what did Balloteli, Lambert, Lallana, Moreno, Allen do this season? Why is Glenn Johnson playing?? In this team is at least 10 players which don't deserve to be in such BIG club. They are at least two steps under a FC Liverpool level...

We all have too big expectations from this team. In truth Marković, Can, Allen, Balloteli, Borini, Moreno, Johnson vs players like Rakitic, Isco, Coentrao, Reina, Cavani, Reus, Hummels... no other word needed.

I apologize for some grammar mistakes. I just wanted to say my opinion. Give Lovren more time, he is 25 and he will get out of this slump and prove to deserve starting place in Liverpool FC.

greetings from Croatia...

Greeting my friend like you all LFC fans hope Dejan comes good.

You ask what have Balo, Allen, Moreno etc done. I can tell you what they have not achieved and that is be on top of the list from all the major leagues in being directly responsible for goals conceded.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #326: Dec 17, 2014 11:58:11 pm
      Lovren and Sakho need to do something that will make them bust a gut to save one another and then I think they will be a great CB pairing for us!

Player bonding at bowling or some sh*t like that! Maybe car keys in a bowl type thing could work!!
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #327: Dec 18, 2014 12:02:56 am
      How long will he be out for?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #328: Dec 18, 2014 12:17:50 am

Not long enough
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,517 posts | 713 
      Reply #329: Dec 19, 2014 04:15:06 pm
      Reading this post from start to finish is hilarious. He went from world beater to surplus to requirements in 3 mons.

Unbelievable.
      MNF - Carragher & Neville analyse Dejan Lovren
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #330: Dec 19, 2014 05:57:50 pm
      The future captain will be back, bigger and better than ever  8)
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #331: Dec 19, 2014 11:03:14 pm
      what    the        F**k     are      u     talking      about   
      who are u calling as the next captain
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #332: Dec 20, 2014 09:02:50 am
      what    the        F**k     are      u     talking      about   

Check the name of the thread.

Lets hope not, we'll just have to put up with more posts from swab about players needing to visit weightwatchers. ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #333: Dec 20, 2014 10:40:21 am
      what    the        f**k     are      u     talking      about   

This is a very interesting post. Not for the content as such, but because you've decided to go with this weird extra wide space thing. I also note you've replaced "you" with "u" which no doubt saved you a quarter of a second of your life. Very interesting.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #334: Dec 20, 2014 10:56:32 am
      This is a very interesting post. Not for the content as such, but because you've decided to go with this weird extra wide space thing. I also note you've replaced "you" with "u" which no doubt saved you a quarter of a second of your life. Very interesting.

The cunning format is obviously an attempt to add some substance to the girly text speak.
      The jury is definitely still out if not awol.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #335: Dec 20, 2014 11:35:17 am
      what    the        f**k     are      u     talking      about   

Oh oh I know this one..................... ........................ ........................ ........no it's gone.

Damn you Mick and your cryptic clues..... :f_tongueincheek:
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #336: Dec 20, 2014 01:43:21 pm
      are u here to talk about gramar or football???
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #337: Dec 20, 2014 02:19:50 pm

Both.

From the forum rules.

- AVOID TEXT SPEAK & USE PROPER ENGLISH - Put a bit of effort in to your posts.  If your first language is English then you should know sentences start with a capital letter and end with full stops, and that paragraphs are usually used. Usually we will delete a poorly written post.  We will attempt to assist those who have a good level of English as their second language. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #338: Dec 20, 2014 02:23:28 pm

Understand English is not your first language but text speak is a no no, the mods give out warnings for it.
      We can all do it but the forum suffers in quality and would end up like that nobhead manc site.
      It's worth the effort if only to make your comments readable and credible.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #339: Dec 20, 2014 02:42:10 pm
      Back on topic. What on earth has happened here? Lovren looked beast last season and great for the first few weeks. Now he defends like a school-boy. There must be some communication errors from player to manager/coaching staff here.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #340: Dec 20, 2014 02:45:23 pm
      Understand English is not your first language but text speak is a no no, the mods give out warnings for it.
      We can all do it but the forum suffers in quality and would end up like that nobhead manc site.
      It's worth the effort if only to make your comments readable and credible.
      Ok ok,i will be a good boy,i apologise. :)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #341: Feb 03, 2015 08:05:56 am
      We need to sell him in the summer and recoup some of the transfer fee while we still can, maybe we could get around 10-11 mil for him.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #342: Feb 03, 2015 10:29:58 pm
      We need to sell him in the summer and recoup some of the transfer fee while we still can, maybe we could get around 10-11 mil for him.

I don't think we have really seen the player he truly is and with Skrtel/Sahko/Can playing so well he has not had a chance to break in a decent run of matches.

I really don't think we are going to cut and run on him so quickly.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #343: Feb 03, 2015 10:44:28 pm
      £20 million for a sixth choice centre back.

£20 million needlessly spent that could have went towards a quality striker.

£20 million spunked by the committee.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #344: Feb 03, 2015 11:26:05 pm
      £20 million for a sixth choice centre back.

£20 million needlessly spent that could have went towards a quality striker.

£20 million spunked by the committee.

I agree, but let's not forget that we spunked more than 20m!!!!

I still have faith. Look at how good our defense has become with Lucas and Hendo sitting in front of them. Perhaps if Lovren were to be given a few games, he'll show his worth :)

Quick Reply