Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305278 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #529: Apr 20, 2015 10:11:41 am
      I don't feel secure when he plays. Somehow, there is always a feeling that something will go wrong with him at some point during the match. Has some "bringing the ball forward" in him like Dagger, but more unstable.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #530: Apr 21, 2015 01:38:39 pm
      that 45 yarder he struck sums him up he didnt even apologies for skying it, yes he had the balls to take a shot but then to not look arsed sums up how he feels about his liverpool season. Lets hope he sorts his head out and gets back to the level he was when he played at southampton.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #531: Apr 21, 2015 10:34:15 pm
      that 45 yarder he struck sums him up he didnt even apologies for skying it, yes he had the balls to take a shot but then to not look arsed sums up how he feels about his liverpool season. Lets hope he sorts his head out and gets back to the level he was when he played at southampton.

Couldn't believe what I was watching when he done that. Think he thought he had become Gerrard for that moment in time.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #532: Apr 22, 2015 01:07:40 pm
      Couldn't believe what I was watching when he done that. Think he thought he had become Gerrard for that moment in time.
      if only hay mate, what made me laugh is his C*$tishness reation to walk away with a "not arsed" look on his face, this lad should be playing for his shirt as when Sakho is back he's out the side i hope Ilori is a beast also to kick him up the bum rather than post pics on instagram wearing snide clobber.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #533: Apr 22, 2015 01:31:28 pm
      Doesn't convince me at all so far. Looks nervous at best. I'd imagine his confidence has taken a bit of a beating with some of the shockers he's had. Well, he needs to get his chin up and show us what he is supposedly capable of. Right now, he's a distant third choice behind Martin and Sakho, with Touré at level pegging because of his age. With Ilori to return, Lovren really needs to buck the trend.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #534: Apr 23, 2015 02:08:49 pm

Yea ok because that was the defining moment in the match never mid we failed to create a single chance for 93 minutes it all came down to that shot he had.

Don't understand the hatred that people have for this lad FFS in the match thread he was getting slated for not putting in his headers. Never mind he was a yard behind the penalty spot and on the penalty spot for the other. People were reacting like he was missing empty goal sitters from a yard away.

Crazy stuff
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #535: Apr 23, 2015 07:31:22 pm
      Yea ok because that was the defining moment in the match never mid we failed to create a single chance for 93 minutes it all came down to that shot he had.

Yeah because I said it was all down to that moment...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #536: Apr 23, 2015 08:56:24 pm

Don't understand the hatred that people have for this lad FFS in the match thread he was getting slated for not putting in his headers. Never mind he was a yard behind the penalty spot and on the penalty spot for the other. People were reacting like he was missing empty goal sitters from a yard away.

Crazy stuff

I think you are mistaking disappointment with hatred.

I don't hate him at all. In fact I was excited when he signed, but he's not come anywhere close to expectations. Expectations that I believe were set by Rodgers himself.

Lovren had an ok game the other day, hardly the worst of what we had against Villa, but you have to admit, that shot was about the dumbest thing ever at that point in the game. We actually had players to attack in the box and we were pressuring them and then he goes and does that and effectively kills the game off for them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #537: Apr 23, 2015 09:17:05 pm

Unfortunately some people get over sensitive when some players get slated and deem it has hatred. I deem it as the player simply not being good enough.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #538: Apr 23, 2015 09:28:12 pm
      If any club offers half of what we paid for Lovren I'd snap their hands off. I would rather see Illori given a chance next season which would put Lovren as 4th or 5th choice CB so I don't see the point in keeping a squad player on high wages.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #539: Apr 23, 2015 09:36:41 pm
      If any club offers half of what we paid for Lovren I'd snap their hands off. I would rather see Illori given a chance next season which would put Lovren as 4th or 5th choice CB so I don't see the point in keeping a squad player on high wages.

But he's our defensive leader not to mention Mick would be gutted  ;)

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #540: Apr 24, 2015 01:55:23 am

I don't hate him at all. In fact I was excited when he signed, but he's not come anywhere close to expectations. Expectations that I believe were set by Rodgers himself.

Lovren had an ok game the other day, hardly the worst of what we had against Villa, but you have to admit, that shot was about the dumbest thing ever at that point in the game. We actually had players to attack in the box and we were pressuring them and then he goes and does that and effectively kills the game off for them.

FL mate some of the comments in this thread and match threads go beyond dissapointment.

Convinced people blatantly wait for the lad to F**k up so they can come on the forum and pipe up. Whilst I have been an advocate of his and can see him coming good I can also hand on heart say that he has not been good enough alot of the time he has featured this season. Then again alot of the lads haven't and it is not a coincidence we are in the situation we are in now. What really grinds my gears is the double standards people apply when it comes to Lovren willing to brush aside the mishaps and short comings of certain players but brutal in their criticism of Lovren. The fee we paid for him has alot to do with this but it was only 2m more than what we paid for Sakho who seems to be immune from alot of criticism for making the same mistakes Lovren does, he too has been along way away from being world class which is what you expect when you fork out 15-25m for a center back.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #541: Apr 24, 2015 03:17:37 am
      FL mate some of the comments in this thread and match threads go beyond dissapointment.

Convinced people blatantly wait for the lad to f**k up so they can come on the forum and pipe up. Whilst I have been an advocate of his and can see him coming good I can also hand on heart say that he has not been good enough alot of the time he has featured this season. Then again alot of the lads haven't and it is not a coincidence we are in the situation we are in now. What really grinds my gears is the double standards people apply when it comes to Lovren willing to brush aside the mishaps and short comings of certain players but brutal in their criticism of Lovren. The fee we paid for him has alot to do with this but it was only 2m more than what we paid for Sakho who seems to be immune from alot of criticism for making the same mistakes Lovren does, he too has been along way away from being world class which is what you expect when you fork out 15-25m for a center back.

I hear you man.....it's the same with some of the others. I probably stick up for Lallana a bit too vigourously at times because I think he gets unfairly criticized. I suppose it's a similar situation so I know how you feel.

Honestly, I really hope Lovren does fulfill what potential Brendan saw in him. We really can't be having players like Lallana and Lovren and Marko not work out...that's a lot of money spent if they don't end up making it here.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #542: Apr 24, 2015 06:05:55 am
      I hear you man.....it's the same with some of the others. I probably stick up for Lallana a bit too vigourously at times because I think he gets unfairly criticized. I suppose it's a similar situation so I know how you feel.

Honestly, I really hope Lovren does fulfill what potential Brendan saw in him. We really can't be having players like Lallana and Lovren and Marko not work out...that's a lot of money spent if they don't end up making it here.

Yea fair play I know you have been an avid fan and advocate of Adam.

For me those two (Lallana and Lovren) are in the same boat come next season they have the first half to justify their price tags and show their worth. No excuses and no bullshit if both fail to do so then they should be moved on and rightfully so.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #543: Apr 25, 2015 04:59:42 pm
      Lovren looked good today. Good all around performance by him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #544: Apr 25, 2015 05:28:02 pm
      It was a poor game but Lovren went about his business well and done some good bits of defending. Vast improvement but still hasn't proven anything.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #545: Apr 25, 2015 06:29:38 pm
      Good game but he needs to play like he did today consistently no matter who the opposition to start repaying his price tag.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #546: Apr 25, 2015 06:42:29 pm
      It took until 4 games of the season left to happen but he was good today! Looked solid and swept up pretty much everything.

Goal at the end would have been immense but unlucky. Can't fault him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #547: Apr 25, 2015 07:01:55 pm
      A match where West Brom's attack were poorer than ours and Lovren gets MOTM, Says it all, doesn't it ;D.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #548: Apr 27, 2015 12:59:55 am
      Again some ridicolous comments thrown at the lad seems people aren't satisfied and can't accept he had a very good game citing the quality of the opposition. You can only play with what's in front of you regardless of the oppositions quality.

People need to pull their head in and give credit where credit is due.

Top drawer from future captain.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #549: Apr 27, 2015 12:18:29 pm
      thought he was solid v West brom did his job really. clean sheet
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #550: May 02, 2015 06:12:43 pm
      Is it me or has he strung a few decent games in a row now that he has had some game time?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #551: May 02, 2015 06:27:03 pm
      Is it me or has he strung a few decent games in a row now that he has had some game time?

Shhhh! Don't you know he's worse than Djimi Traore!!
      ;)

Quick Reply