Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305146 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #943: Sep 05, 2015 10:22:03 am
      "apart from the brain fart he was good"............sorry but that means he wasn't good.

No, it's means one part was bad.  I had a good dinner last night, except the carrots were overcooked, the meal was still good though.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #944: Sep 05, 2015 10:53:43 am
      No, it's means one part was bad.  I had a good dinner last night, except the carrots were overcooked, the meal was still good though.
      But if the Carrots were overcooked every time you ate them, surely you would stop eating them!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #945: Sep 05, 2015 10:55:58 am
      Is he on the bench for Vedran f***in Corluka? :o

Yea.

The other is Vida who plays for Dynamo.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #946: Sep 05, 2015 11:13:49 am
      But if the Carrots were overcooked every time you ate them, surely you would stop eating them!

I'm the one cooking, it was my F**k up, but I'll correct it next time. My own fault, should have let the phone ring when I saw the caller was Mum.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #947: Sep 05, 2015 01:41:25 pm
      No I haven't. He played well the first three games looked looked like he was getting back to Saints level. Then he goes and has another massive brain fart against in the last game and it's back to square one for Dejan.

Fair enough nice civil reply , just for the record I hope you have it right about  him and he proves me wrong.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #948: Sep 05, 2015 02:04:36 pm
      He'd done okay up until he fu**ed up... again. Problem with Not Mr Mustard is that he plays the opposition at the same time he plays himself. He looks as though he's having a battle in his own head while playing football, you can see the confidence and concentration zap away from him.

He needs a shrink as much as anything else because he always looks as though he's gonna tick the time bomb during a game.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #949: Sep 05, 2015 04:37:34 pm
      He wasn't even outstanding for Southampton at all. I remember being very iffy about the signing and calling several people out on how he's any improvement on Skrtel or Sahko. Never seen quality at the saints and not seeing it now. It concerns me that our scouts did see something... Or 20 million something's.

If he starts the next game that will be a huge issue for me and the first real time I think I will have to be vocally against Rogers on a big issue.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #950: Sep 05, 2015 07:51:28 pm
      I think I'd rather play the over-cooked carrots at cb

:P
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #951: Sep 05, 2015 08:56:18 pm

At the end of the day though it's players who make formations.. It's confidence that makes players.

We need IMO a formation to settle on rather than switch here there and everywhere on the back of a poor result

Excellently put. Agree entirely.
      Something is deeply wrong at our club and has been  for a long time.
      You can't put all the blame on BR.
      You have to spread the blame over the scouting department, coaching set up, players, owners and general mentality from top to bottom.
      It is staggering the amount of money and turnover of players we have seen and how many of them hide in the shadows rather than step up and actually improve once they get the chance to play for our club.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #952: Sep 05, 2015 09:13:48 pm
      He wasn't even outstanding for Southampton at all. I remember being very iffy about the signing and calling several people out on how he's any improvement on Skrtel or Sahko. Never seen quality at the saints and not seeing it now. It concerns me that our scouts did see something... Or 20 million something's.

If he starts the next game that will be a huge issue for me and the first real time I think I will have to be vocally against Rogers on a big issue.
      I'm against starting him against the Scum, and I'll be nervous if he does, but what if he plays a blinders? Does that earn him a reprieve? Personally I would be giving Sakho the opportunity he deserves, but I don't see Brendan dropping Lovren just yet.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #953: Sep 05, 2015 09:52:16 pm
      I'm against starting him against the Scum, and I'll be nervous if he does, but what if he plays a blinders? Does that earn him a reprieve? Personally I would be giving Sakho the opportunity he deserves, but I don't see Brendan dropping Lovren just yet.

If he suddenly starts playing good football then of course he deserves a place. But he's never played at an acceptable level for his entire career in my opinion so I would be shocked to see it happen.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #954: Sep 12, 2015 11:22:51 pm

It would have been a good joke if it's not a F***ing tragedy.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #955: Sep 12, 2015 11:46:52 pm

It would have been a good joke if it's not a F***ing tragedy.

Oh yeah,i F***ing forgot that,he sold my favorite defender for nothing.
      Starting to dislike BR.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #956: Sep 13, 2015 01:53:33 am
      The future captain will be back, bigger and better than ever  8)

;D This was a good one even a year a go. :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #957: Sep 13, 2015 09:15:32 am
      ;D This was a good one even a year a go. :D

Hmmm, as is yours a good one even today. Lovren was decent yesterday, not perfect but far better than his central defensive partner who was unusually poor. All the players though are playing in a dysfunctional unit who are devoid of confidence, and my guess is it's going to get worse. As such, we should wait a little before judging too harshly.

Back on Lovren though, from my observations in the league games this season he's had three good games, one decent game (yesterday) and one absolute calamity. Good enough? No, but he's not alone.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #958: Sep 13, 2015 09:29:13 am
      Last game was decent ? He was poor, look how he got the yellow card, clumsy. And Martial made him look like a sunday league player when he was trying to get the ball from him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #959: Sep 13, 2015 09:39:27 am
      Last game was decent ? He was poor, look how he got the yellow card, clumsy. And Martial made him look like a sunday league player when he was trying to get the ball from him.

Look I'm not in the best humour today as it is George, so I certainly haven't got the time nor the inclination to argue silliness with you on every thread. Don't take it personally, but I'm going to put you on ignore for a bit as you are doing my head in.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #960: Sep 13, 2015 09:44:18 am
      Look I'm not in the best humour today as it is George, so I certainly haven't got the time nor the inclination to argue silliness with you on every thread. Don't take it personally, but I'm going to put you on ignore for a bit as you are doing my head in.

:lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #961: Sep 13, 2015 11:41:34 am
      Must be a purple bin with his name on it outside Melwood
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #962: Sep 13, 2015 02:35:40 pm
      Hmmm, as is yours a good one even today. Lovren was decent yesterday, not perfect but far better than his central defensive partner who was unusually poor. All the players though are playing in a dysfunctional unit who are devoid of confidence, and my guess is it's going to get worse. As such, we should wait a little before judging too harshly.

Back on Lovren though, from my observations in the league games this season he's had three good games, one decent game (yesterday) and one absolute calamity. Good enough? No, but he's not alone.

I can not believe that you are still taking up for this player,are you related or what?
      This guy is not playing for his national team and he cant be in the first team because some players playing in Russia and Ukrain are better than him...
      Please,he is not a good player.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #963: Sep 13, 2015 02:41:25 pm
      I can not believe that you are still taking up for this player,are you related or what?
      This guy is not playing for his national team and he cant be in the first team because some players playing in Russia and Ukrain are better than him...
      Please,he is not a good player.

I on the other hand cannot believe that after yesterdays team performance you are still banging on about a player who was far from being the worst, as if that's all we've got to be f*cked off about. It's very odd, then you bring up a post from a year ago to talk about it? What is it with people the day after we've been beat by Man Utd wanting to argue about random f*ck-wittery? I get it you don't rate Lovren. I get it that it's perfectly possible I over-rated him. I can't though be @rsed to discuss it with you today. I'll have to put you on ignore for a few weeks until I've got the stomach for it, Crackonski as they say in Poland.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #964: Sep 13, 2015 02:45:10 pm
      I on the other hand cannot believe that after yesterdays team performance you are still banging on about a player who was far from being the worst, as if that's all we've got to be f*cked off about. It's very odd, then you bring up a post from a year ago to talk about it? What is it with people the day after we've been beat by Man Utd wanting to argue about random f*ck-wittery? I get it you don't rate Lovren. I get it that it's perfectly possible I over-rated him. I can't though be @rsed to discuss it with you today. I'll have to put you on ignore for a few weeks until I've got the stomach for it, Crackonski as they say in Poland.
      :lmao: Nabijem te na tuki as they say in Serbia  :lmao:
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #965: Sep 13, 2015 11:28:11 pm
      if we could sell him now and make some money back i would in a heart beat.

I have no idea what his strengths are, no idea what he brings to the team......but i have no issues seeing his weaknesses cos he puts them on display every weekend

Quick Reply