Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 218312 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #115: Nov 18, 2014 12:42:13 pm
      We all thought the same thing this season but didn't really happen so I have no belief it is likely to happen next year.
      Er... erm... okay?  :gt-happyup:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #116: Nov 18, 2014 12:45:22 pm
      I'm not so sure Studge will be here next season mate, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's sold as despite him being an excellent goalscorer he's not reliable enough.  He wants and expects to be the main man but how can you build a team round a player who misses so many games every season?

I hope he doesn't leave and the physios can sort out his body otherwise with Stevie on the decline we are left with a team with no star quality.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #117: Nov 18, 2014 12:50:53 pm
      I hope he doesn't leave and the physios can sort out his body otherwise with Stevie on the decline we are left with a team with no star quality.

I hope so too mate but it has to be a worry that they can't, they've had nearly two years to do so and not managed it yet. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #118: Nov 18, 2014 03:57:29 pm
      I haven't been following the lad too closely P_M so what do you see that will make him an "important player" next season?

You know, there are some players you know are destine for the top at a young age. Players like, both Ronaldo's, Messi, Gerrard, Shearer, Raul etc. I feel Origi is in that category. I genuinely feel we have something special in this kid. He has all the attributes of what a complete striker would have. He can play as a runner and inter change or if needed, a target man.

As for next season, I think he'll fit into our team perfectly, regardless of what system. Long or short. With the experience he's gaining from Belgium, Europa league & Lille, I think he'll be a starter for us. I just hope he's not wasted playing on the left or right wing.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #119: Nov 18, 2014 04:03:48 pm
      You know, there are some players you know are destine for the top at a young age. Players like, both Ronaldo's, Messi, Gerrard, Shearer, Raul etc. I feel Origi is in that category. I genuinely feel we have something special in this kid. He has all the attributes of what a complete striker would have. He can play as a runner and inter change or if needed, a target man.
      Thanks for the info P_M.
      nvmp09
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #120: Nov 18, 2014 11:10:25 pm
      Hey guys,

I made a video of Divocks season so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTtXnTr6uaU

Let me know what you think  :)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #121: Nov 19, 2014 05:33:24 am
      If this lad does end up coming in January, the pressure on him is going to be enormous! Hope he gets off to a flyer, because our fans will likely turn on him pretty quick like they have done with Brendan, Lovren, Markovic, Mario......
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #122: Nov 20, 2014 12:26:35 pm
      The Daily Mirror reports that LFC want to recall Origi from his one year loan to Lille.
      It is likely Liverpool will have to pay an additional £5m to release him from the loan.

False economies can bite your arse sooner than expected. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daniel-sturridge-injury-liverpool-want-4657539
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #123: Nov 20, 2014 12:37:21 pm
      The Daily Mirror reports that LFC want to recall Origi from his one year loan to Lille.
      It is likely Liverpool will have to pay an additional £5m to release him from the loan.

False economies can bite your arse sooner than expected. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daniel-sturridge-injury-liverpool-want-4657539

May be true, but may be last journalism at worst. Easy story to go with.

I doubt that there will be too much pressure on the lad if he comes here early though........
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #124: Nov 20, 2014 12:39:57 pm
      I thought he came out and rubbished this rumour.
      Basically said it wasn't going to happen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #125: Nov 20, 2014 12:43:45 pm
      I thought he came out and rubbished this rumour.
      Basically said it wasn't going to happen.

Then Sturridge got injured again and some sh*te journo goes for the same, easy storyline again.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #126: Nov 20, 2014 12:47:41 pm
      Then Sturridge got injured again and some sh*te journo goes for the same, easy storyline again.

Nevertheless mate it would get us right out of the sh*t at the moment.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #127: Nov 20, 2014 01:07:32 pm
      Do people really think that Origi would come in, solve all our goal problems? Fantasy island comes to mind, "de plane de plane!". He's only at the nappy stage and has never played in this league and doesn't know how we play etc etc....Yeah he will come in and knock 20 goals in before Christmas  :roll:

Nobody is even suggesting he could be our saviour, what is being discussed is the extra dimension he could give to the one sided mode we are forced to implement, a lack of inspiration being the vital missing ingredient
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,226 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #128: Nov 20, 2014 01:22:05 pm
      My 2 cents on him being recalled from loan if true...

Disaster.

Leave the boy to learn his game where he is.. Hes not exactly prolific. If he comes back here now there will be massive pressure on him to deliver the goals and it wont happen. It could be the ruination of him.

By all means recall him, but buy in the experienced player striker who can carry expectations on their shoulders, to work with him. Or better yet buy the goalscore needed and leave teh kid in France as originally planned 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #129: Nov 20, 2014 01:36:25 pm

Disaster.

Leave the boy to learn his game where he is.. Hes not exactly prolific. If he comes back here now there will be massive pressure on him to deliver the goals and it wont happen. It could be the ruination of him.

By all means recall him, but buy in the experienced player striker who can carry expectations on their shoulders, to work with him. Or better yet buy the goalscore needed and leave teh kid in France as originally planned 

Only what we expect Brian, informed, rational comment from your goodself.
      The priority is as you say signing a proven striker who is able to acquit himself in the face of the challenges presented at LFC.
      Your post did make me think tho' why could Origo not get a feel for the game at the academy in Liverpool?
      He would be under closer examination and could be given the odd run out if and when circumstances dictated.
      The worry is if he was loaned out not specifically for his own benefit.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #130: Nov 20, 2014 01:45:49 pm
      An international player turning out for the academy?
      Yeah, that would go down well.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #131: Nov 20, 2014 02:06:59 pm

Disaster.

you can see the FSG brain cogs going over slowly. We can buy him out for £5mil or spend £50mil plus for a striker we should have bought in the summer.
      It would be a disaster  to bring this lad into the mad house that is LFC at present
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #132: Nov 20, 2014 02:07:50 pm
      Better if he stays on loan imo.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #133: Nov 20, 2014 02:08:36 pm
      Better if he stays on loan imo.

Agreed, better by far.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #134: Nov 20, 2014 02:14:09 pm
      Knowing our luck this season with strikers this lad might turn up and do his hamstring on his debut :D

Let him be, next season is best for him to come over.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #135: Nov 20, 2014 03:12:02 pm
      Much prefer him to stay over there to be honest... I can only see it having a negative affect on him..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #136: Nov 20, 2014 04:23:37 pm
      Get him in now, send Lambo the other way.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #137: Nov 20, 2014 04:28:06 pm
      See what your saying Stuey, we already have Samed Yesil do we not? Or is he injured, he,s young, pacey and scores goals. No, Brendan needs to either find a way of getting some service to Balo or start using Lambert/Borini/ or both to find some kind of chemistry. Personally I think Borini deserves a run, I mean we have lost pace up front with Luis gone and Studger out so Raheem is on his own in that sphere and teams are finding it easy to isolate him because of it, Borini would give the opposition something else to think about. Leave Origi where he is to get game time and experience. There is no magic formula at the moment as we couldn't land a top striker in the summer, but I am sure we are working on it.

As posted mate I am not looking at any kind of magic but surely the more options open to the manager the better.
      Top players in any position do not seem to be a realistic proposition for the manager due in no small part to the owner's reluctance to provide adequate funding for said top players. 

Quick Reply