Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 217310 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #161: Jan 04, 2015 02:25:50 pm
      Liverpool FC set to reach Divock Origi agreement this month

Reds are prepared to pay the £3m need to bring the Belgian striker from Lille

Liverpool FC look set to reach an agreement with Lille to bring striker Divock Origi to Anfield this month.

The Reds signed the young Belgian frontman for £10million last summer but under the terms of the transfer they sent him back to the French outfit on a season-long loan.

However, with Brendan Rodgers ' side in desperate need of more firepower in the second half of the campaign Liverpool have sought to move forward his arrival.

The Reds are prepared to pay up to £3million to secure Origi's services six months earlier than planned.

No deal is yet in place with Lille but the initial discussions have been encouraging and Anfield officials are confident they will reach a successful conclusion.

Origi is desperate to begin his Liverpool career after enduring a torrid campaign in France.

Liverpool FC look set to reach an agreement with Lille to bring striker Divock Origi to Anfield this month.

The Reds signed the young Belgian frontman for £10million last summer but under the terms of the transfer they sent him back to the French outfit on a season-long loan.

However, with Brendan Rodgers ' side in desperate need of more firepower in the second half of the campaign Liverpool have sought to move forward his arrival.

The Reds are prepared to pay up to £3million to secure Origi's services six months earlier than planned.

No deal is yet in place with Lille but the initial discussions have been encouraging and Anfield officials are confident they will reach a successful conclusion.

Origi is desperate to begin his Liverpool career after enduring a torrid campaign in France.

Lille are struggling in 13th place in Ligue One and the 19-year-old, who has scored four goals this season, hasn't found the net since October.

He was even booed by his own fans after missing a penalty against Wolfsburg last month.

Rodgers recently revealed that he was in regular contact with Origi and that Liverpool staff analyse each of his matches in France and provided feedback.

“We believe Divock Origi will be world class,” Rodgers said.

“He is a top player. He has everything - the speed, the profile and he could play for Liverpool now.

“He can run in behind, he can keep the ball and he can press.”

Origi would give Rodgers another attacking option as he looks to mastermind a push for Champions League qualification over the coming months.

Liverpool have been short of firepower in the continued absence of the injured Daniel Sturridge.

Fellow strikers Mario Balotelli and Fabio Borini don't have a single league goal between them and face uncertain futures.

Sturridge, who hasn't played for the Reds since August, will return to Melwood this week to complete his rehabilitation from a thigh injury after having treatment in America.

Liverpool hope he will be fit to play against his former club Chelsea in the two-legged League Cup semi-final later this month.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-liverpool-fc-set-reach-8380227#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #162: Jan 04, 2015 03:00:22 pm
      Hope we don't put to much pressure on the lad, he hasn't scored since October so not going to be the answer to our problems straight away.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #163: Jan 04, 2015 03:25:23 pm
      So let's get it straight,  he was quality and banging them in then he signed for us and he's been brutal in front of goal since. Ha WTF have we a curse on strikers?

A lot of pressure will be put on him. Would leave him where he is. Don't think he will make much of a difference and it could ruin him for good. Lfc fans are maniacs at the minute and will butcher him if he underperforms regardless of his age.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #164: Jan 04, 2015 03:31:52 pm
      So let's get it straight,  he was quality and banging them in then he signed for us and he's been brutal in front of goal since. Ha WTF have we a curse on strikers?

A lot of pressure will be put on him. Would leave him where he is. Don't think he will make much of a difference and it could ruin him for good. Lfc fans are maniacs at the minute and will butcher him if he underperforms regardless of his age.

I don't think he has ever banged then in to be honest mate.. He got like 5 in 30 odd last season.. He has been played wide in a front 3 for Lille a fair bit, mostly last season. He's raw.. Bit of a Heskey from what I've seen

I actually think the opposite to you though, I'd bring him in, the Lille fans are on his back apparently because his heads in Liverpool already.. So get him in, get him settled, give him bits but don't expect much early on
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #165: Jan 04, 2015 03:46:51 pm
      I fear for this lad. Hope Sturridge stays fit and continue from last season. Otherwise lot of pressure on this guy.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #166: Jan 04, 2015 03:48:34 pm
      I don't think he has ever banged then in to be honest mate.. He got like 5 in 30 odd last season.. He has been played wide in a front 3 for Lille a fair bit, mostly last season. He's raw.. Bit of a Heskey from what I've seen

I actually think the opposite to you though, I'd bring him in, the Lille fans are on his back apparently because his heads in Liverpool already.. So get him in, get him settled, give him bits but don't expect much early on

I suppose if Lille fans have turned on him then by all means bring him over, but use him sparingly. Looks like a big unit, fast with a nice touch.

Bit like Welbeck?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #167: Jan 04, 2015 05:06:15 pm
      I suppose if Lille fans have turned on him then by all means bring him over, but use him sparingly. Looks like a big unit, fast with a nice touch.

Bit like Welbeck?

Welbeck is far better through the middle as we have seen under Wenger. So hopefully its the case with Origi - I know next to nothing about him, seen his stats and goalscoring ratio and it's very unimpressive, but surely there's more to him than my initial opinions?

That said, I would definitely bring him to Anfield this month - we've got nothing to lose by bringing him here.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #168: Jan 04, 2015 05:19:46 pm
      My BS mates were not that impressed when they played Lille.

If he comes to us this window, I will not be holding my breath for an instant success.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #169: Jan 04, 2015 05:27:52 pm
      My BS mates were not that impressed when they played Lille.

If he comes to us this window, I will not be holding my breath for an instant success.

He was sh*t at Goodison but I thought he was the best player on the pitch at Lille.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #170: Jan 04, 2015 06:05:26 pm
      He was sh*t at Goodison but I thought he was the best player on the pitch at Lille.

I agree. Don't forget, he didn't play as a #9 from what I can remember.

I'm basing my opinion mainly on what I've seen in the WC and some games in Europa League, and from what I've seen, I think he will be a beast of a #9 if played and nurtured in that position. He really does have all the attributes of a complete striker, he's like the improved version of Kane & Welbeck.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #171: Jan 04, 2015 06:30:51 pm
      "We believe Divock will be world class" - Brendan Rodgers

Why does he say such things?
      No pressure lad
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #172: Jan 04, 2015 07:30:19 pm
      Too early to judge the lad yet, but no doubt he is a talent because you don't replace a player like Lukaku in your national team because you are average.

He is starting to take some stick from the Lille fans as they feel his heart is already at LFC. And on top of that the idiotic manager is not playing him as a striker hence his poor return.

FWIW I think in time he will be a hit here with players like Raheem, Coutinho and Lallana supplying him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #173: Jan 04, 2015 09:32:51 pm
      I actually think this move will work out a bit more than I initially expected. You basically just stick Origi in for Sterling in the 3-4-3 and he's more of a goal threat than Raheem. He's very raw, though, and going to need time to settle, but he's got good pace and strength, which should serve him well in the English game.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #174: Jan 04, 2015 09:59:05 pm
      I actually think this move will work out a bit more than I initially expected. You basically just stick Origi in for Sterling in the 3-4-3 and he's more of a goal threat than Raheem. He's very raw, though, and going to need time to settle, but he's got good pace and strength, which should serve him well in the English game.

I agree with this, a well rounded footballer that has everything. Just hope we sell Borini & Balotelli if he joins us in Jan.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #175: Jan 04, 2015 10:05:47 pm

Don't expect goals from the lad then.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #176: Jan 04, 2015 10:55:30 pm

I have to agree with you there mate , if this is true it stinks of desperation by Rodgers and as far as i can see Lille fans would gladly see the back of him right now .

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #177: Jan 04, 2015 11:46:00 pm
      If he's playing out of position in a poor team and the fans are booing him then we should consider bringing him back. Not going to do him much good staying over there.

We don't have to throw him in the deep end here but a few extra months getting used to a new country and the team would be much more useful and would put him in a better position to be a member of the squad next season.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,002 posts | 3350 
      Reply #178: Jan 04, 2015 11:51:19 pm
      Our forwards aren't scoring anyway. Sterling isn't the answer. Sturridge could be fit by the end of the season but I wouldn't hold me breath on it.

We're really in a win-win situation here.

Bring him back, he scores a hatful of goals and we all think we've found the new Robbie Fowler.
      Bring him back, he scores zilch well then he hasn't done any worse than our other forwards and it's also given him experience in the League ahead of next year.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #179: Jan 05, 2015 01:23:42 am
      Bringing back and he has his arse glued to the bench and he could have been playing and getting valid time as a 19 year old!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #180: Jan 05, 2015 06:48:00 am
      I just hope Brendan plays him as a Striker, not a winger.

Go on lad, make a name for yourself for this masive Club.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #181: Jan 05, 2015 07:09:52 am
      I just hope Brendan plays him as a Striker, not a winger.

Go on lad, make a name for yourself for this masive Club.

AS long as Brendan does not play him as a goalie, joking aside I hope the lad gets plenty of opportunities and is a big success for us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #182: Jan 05, 2015 09:10:14 am
      Apparently they want more than we will pay. I wouldnt pay them more than a small fee, seems ridiculous they hold the power when we own him.

Keep him there, get in someone else if need be and he can come in fresh next season.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #183: Jan 05, 2015 09:15:34 am
      So new reports are that they want around 6m.

Quick Reply