Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 218370 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #230: Mar 16, 2015 05:51:48 am
      Well played lad.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #231: Mar 16, 2015 12:23:46 pm
      hopefully start scoring loads just in time to come home
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #232: Mar 16, 2015 12:41:44 pm
      It's great that he's found his shooting boots again, he'll be the perfect replacement for Raheem next season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #233: Mar 16, 2015 12:52:38 pm
      It's great that he's found his shooting boots again, he'll be the perfect replacement for Raheem next season.

Not exactly. He will have to adapt to a whole new league again. Might take a full season.

No pressure on the young lad though eh?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #234: Mar 16, 2015 01:36:39 pm
      Not exactly. He will have to adapt to a whole new league again. Might take a full season.

No pressure on the young lad though eh?

Not all young players need a season to settle mate so let's hope if he does we can give him that time.  My point being that if we can't agree on Raheems contract then he'll be his direct replacement and we won't have the time to give.

However he seemed to handle the pressure of a WC ok. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #235: Mar 16, 2015 03:07:55 pm
      Not all young players need a season to settle mate so let's hope if he does we can give him that time.  My point being that if we can't agree on Raheems contract then he'll be his direct replacement and we won't have the time to give.

However he seemed to handle the pressure of a WC ok. 

I think our style will suit him more than Lille's and there won't be as much pressure on him to score.

But I'd like to think he will be coming in more as a replacement for Balotelli than Raheem.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #236: Mar 16, 2015 03:15:37 pm
      I think our style will suit him more than Lille's and there won't be as much pressure on him to score.

But I'd like to think he will be coming in more as a replacement for Balotelli than Raheem.

This is how it should be. Just hope Rodgers doesn't utilise him as a winger, wing back or #10 roles!

I actually see him more as a backup to Sturridge. Whether or not he can partner Sturridge remains to be seen, but I would rather him fight Sturridge for the #9 position.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #237: Mar 16, 2015 03:25:22 pm

It certainly will suit him mate. 

Haha yeah, we can all hope for that but if Raheem keeps up his demands on the new contract then he'll replace him rather than Balo as Raheem will be sold so we have enough to pay Origi  ;)
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #238: Mar 21, 2015 10:48:43 am
      I think he'll be a great signing, regardless of whats going on at Lille. Used to scoring goals, has pace and and is young.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/577138029090885632
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #239: Mar 21, 2015 10:57:37 am
      I actually see him more as a backup to Sturridge. Whether or not he can partner Sturridge remains to be seen, but I would rather him fight Sturridge for the #9 position.

I'd play him in a front 3 with Sterling and Sturridge. When we played it with Luis it was incredible to watch, we we're destroying teams with ease.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #240: Mar 21, 2015 11:13:28 am
      I'd play him in a front 3 with Sterling and Sturridge. When we played it with Luis it was incredible to watch, we we're destroying teams with ease.

It's easy to play 3 up front when one is a world class striker in the form of his life.

Don't think Origi is there yet mate  ;)
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #241: Mar 21, 2015 12:40:38 pm
      It's easy to play 3 up front when one is a world class striker in the form of his life.

Don't think Origi is there yet mate  ;)

I'm not saying he is, I just think its a really fluid attacking system that works when you have pace. 
      Another "terrier" like player to add to the forward line, wouldn't go a miss though ;)
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #242: Mar 21, 2015 03:07:34 pm
      How often has he played? Yes out of position maybe but 6 months without scoring is unacceptable.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #243: Mar 21, 2015 03:11:56 pm
      How often has he played? Yes out of position maybe but 6 months without scoring is unacceptable.

Not really. He is the top scoring teenager in the top 5 leagues. 19 year olds just don't score that much. For reference he has scored more than Benzema had in the french leagues at the same age.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #244: Apr 29, 2015 01:13:38 pm
      wonder how much to recall him now for last 4 games just to give him a run out, offer them first refusal on mario or borini haha
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #245: Apr 30, 2015 10:13:42 am
      This guy is straight swap in squad for Borini, let's hope he gets more chances.

He was boss in the World Cup, one of the star players if I remember.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #246: Apr 30, 2015 11:49:01 am
      Not putting any pressure on the lad but I hope above hope he comes to us and smashes the League to pieces.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #247: Apr 30, 2015 12:08:18 pm
      yes his record in france is not the best but thats due to the team around him, in the world cup he had better players and was class lets hope with coutinho supplying him he's on fire
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #248: Apr 30, 2015 06:40:51 pm
      I just hope we are patient with him and select him in his strongest positions and not dick about once again with a young player with potential.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #249: Apr 30, 2015 06:49:34 pm
      This guy is straight swap in squad for Borini, let's hope he gets more chances.

He was boss in the World Cup, one of the star players if I remember.

He was raw as anything, his anticipation was terrible but when on the ball he looked lively. Let's hope he's developed a lot at Lille, must admit I've only caught highlights of what he's been doing but 7 in 29 is not exactly encouraging.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #250: Apr 30, 2015 06:59:57 pm
      He was raw as anything, his anticipation was terrible but when on the ball he looked lively. Let's hope he's developed a lot at Lille, must admit I've only caught highlights of what he's been doing but 7 in 29 is not exactly encouraging.

Yep, he was very raw, but full of pace, good control and could finish.

I'm not expecting him to set the world alight, but I am hoping that he'll chip in with his fair share, and continue learning.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #251: May 01, 2015 01:30:22 pm
      he's potential to add to our growning list of potential but i think he is an upgrade on borini for just his raw ability and the fact he's playing in a non attacking style team might be the reason he's not scored as many as we would have liked.

i think give him the service and he will score my prediction is 10 goals next season from only playing a few games and being used as a impact sub
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #252: May 02, 2015 05:22:15 am

Yes it is. That's excellent for his age.

Quick Reply