Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 217665 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #368: Sep 05, 2015 09:56:03 pm
      Not seen a great deal of Origi, but from the little I have seen I think he will become a top player for us. Think he could perhaps have done with another season to develop but even so I think he will be well in front of Danny "Borini" Ings by the end of the season. 
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #369: Sep 05, 2015 11:56:07 pm
      http://thumbsnap.com/s/C3EEvkHU.jpg
      very similar stats apart from the £20 mil plus they paid over the top for him

Thanks Walton
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #370: Sep 08, 2015 04:45:47 am
      You seem to have an agenda against me, regardless of what i post you come up with cheap insults. Is that the best you can do ? You must have a really sad life if everything you do is being a voyeur of my posts on a forum.

I enjoy the banter i have with other users who don't agree with me, but you seem to be a rare breed (to say the least).

And to reassure you: this is the only football forum i post in, because around here there are users who post interesting stuff and opinions (unlike you of course) and you really can have some discussions even if you don't share their opinion.

everyone thinks you're a dickhead, stop pretending he's the only one, also please leave the forum
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #371: Sep 08, 2015 04:46:45 am
      hte more games go by without him playing the less likely it is he will succeed here... or anywhere
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #372: Sep 08, 2015 02:45:23 pm
      Did Origi come on for Benteke the other night, belgium coach was saying how well Origi played and how bad Big Ben was. ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #373: Sep 08, 2015 03:02:23 pm
      hte more games go by without him playing the less likely it is he will succeed here... or anywhere

a bit harsh isn't it ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #374: Sep 08, 2015 03:06:43 pm
      Did Origi come on for Benteke the other night, belgium coach was saying how well Origi played and how bad Big Ben was. ;D

Yeah he wasn't very complimentary about Benteke and Hazard.

Maybe it's the Manager!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #375: Sep 08, 2015 03:13:36 pm
      Yeah he wasn't very complimentary about Benteke and Hazard.

Maybe it's the Manager!

Maybe. I will need to lookup highlights see fo rmyself.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #376: Sep 09, 2015 06:46:47 am

not really..... the more time ANYONE spends on the pine the less likely it is they will make it. yeah i know it's early days but we've seen plenty of patterns in the way BR works haven't we? i was hoping and praying that this season he'd finally just back his players but i guess we'll see. it is only match day 4.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #377: Sep 09, 2015 07:35:56 am
      Maybe. I will need to lookup highlights see fo rmyself.

dean Saunders who watched the game said benteke needs to impose himself more on the opposition and make himself harder to play against
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #378: Sep 09, 2015 08:00:50 am
      Wilmots has no business managing that Belgium team. They are not 'dark horses' they are a team of world class talent that he's done jack sh*t with.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #379: Sep 09, 2015 12:50:30 pm
      everyone thinks you're a dickhead, stop pretending he's the only one, also please leave the forum

Del boca Vista, you're the one sounding like a dickhead there mate. Its a forum, chill.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #380: Oct 02, 2015 03:28:29 pm
      As F***ing raw as they come. Origi should have had a hattrick last night. You can see there's a player in there, but man does he need to work on his finishing and quicken his decision making.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #381: Oct 19, 2015 09:08:49 am
      Has to step up now with all the injuries. He has the potential, but needs to work very hard.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #382: Oct 19, 2015 09:29:55 am
      Somewhere in there is a player that knows how to play football really good,but somehow when he needs to show up and finish the action and score a goal he just gets lost.I hope this will not happen as the time passes.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #383: Oct 25, 2015 11:35:24 pm
      To have just 10 touches of the ball, the least of any player on the field this evening, coupled with the copious amounts of possession we had as a team in the first half is a shocking indictment on any player.

A dreadfully insipid performance and I can't think of a striking performance in the last few years more damned than this one.

Is that harsh? Perhaps but it could not be truer.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #384: Oct 25, 2015 11:43:59 pm
      To have just 10 touches of the ball, the least of any player on the field this evening, coupled with the copious amounts of possession we had as a team in the first half is a damning indictment on any player.

A dreadfully insipid performance and I can't think of a striking performance in the last few years more damned than this one.

Ach... He's sh*te like....
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #385: Oct 28, 2015 11:57:25 pm
      To have just 10 touches of the ball, the least of any player on the field this evening, coupled with the copious amounts of possession we had as a team in the first half is a shocking indictment on any player.

It's a little bit harsh, he was poor and he looks more comfortable playing in wide areas, he actually had a n important role to play in the goal coming off of the right wing. But there is no doubt in my mind that he will struggle as a number in this League. He lacks striking instincts, it is rare he will try and go past players when he gets a bit of space and he lacks strength for a big lad.

I'm not sure we had as much possession in the first half as you thought, was pretty sure Bpurnemouth actually had more of the ball in that first period but either way, Divock was pretty much invisible all game. I guess he is our 4th choice striker but I would much prefer to see Firmino or Ibe in the role should Benteke continue to miss time with injuries.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #386: Oct 29, 2015 12:00:47 am
      Probably his best performance which doesn't say a lot but slowly and surely you can see his confidence building. He has all the attributes physically just needs direction and coaching to mentally put it on the pitch.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #387: Oct 30, 2015 02:46:26 am
      Probably his best performance which doesn't say a lot but slowly and surely you can see his confidence building. He has all the attributes physically just needs direction and coaching to mentally put it on the pitch.

He was much better against Bournemouth.

I may have been over harsh saying he looks like the worst Liverpool striker in an age - and I still believe his performance against Southampton was one of the worst individual performances I have ever seen from someone in a Liverpool shirt.

He looked slow of the mark, his positioning was all over the place and he offered nothing up front as a result. Lallana and Coutinho may not have had their strongest game, but they had absolutely nothing to work with. When attacks were trying to be built, he would drift and saunter into the picture.

At best, he looked well off the pace, and at worst he looked absolutely lazy with an attitude that makes Balotelli look like a workhorse.

But I will say one thing - he looked better playing wider against Bournemouth I thought. And also, Klopp looked like he wanted to knock seven bells out of Origi as he screamed at him a few times in that first half. So one thing for sure is that Klopp will send electric volts up the arse of any player who is deemed lazy - any player with a lackadaisacal attitude and you do not want to get on the wrong side of him. A mixture of motivation and fear from the manager should be conducive to any player thinking they can get along without maximum effort.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #388: Oct 30, 2015 08:51:07 am
      He seems to like to have the white line next to him to guide him and looks much better when playing out wide maybe he is just too inexperienced to play as a central striker at the moment
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #389: Oct 30, 2015 11:43:13 am
      I may have been over harsh saying he looks like the worst Liverpool striker in an age - and I still believe his performance against Southampton was one of the worst individual performances I have ever seen from someone in a Liverpool shirt.

Coutinho vs West Ham still the worst performance, by any of our players, this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #390: Oct 30, 2015 12:23:41 pm
      and I still believe his performance against Southampton was one of the worst individual performances I have ever seen from someone in a Liverpool shirt.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!

Sean Dundee still holds that proud award.

Quick Reply