Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 217694 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #437: Dec 15, 2015 09:23:23 pm
      Looked awful when he first came to me. Really thought he just wasn't a striker with his poor movement and lack of instinct.

Now? He is without doubt our number one striker taking into account current form and injuries.

No disrespect to him or Ings but it's worrying when they are making more of an impression than our £60mill+ worth of signings in Firmino and Benteke.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #438: Dec 16, 2015 05:40:40 am
      just so we don't all look like idiots maybe we could start a new thread for him

This is something I agree with!

His improvement from his displays earlier have been astronomical. Seems as if a bit of Klopp love goes a long way for the guy.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #439: Dec 16, 2015 10:26:34 am
      No disrespect to him or Ings but it's worrying when they are making more of an impression than our £60mill+ worth of signings in Firmino and Benteke.
      I think what you have made a very valid point re:- Firmino and Benteke
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #440: Dec 27, 2015 04:07:38 am
      IMO Origi's very promising, much better than what I'm expected.

Hope his injury is not as much to worry as I saw from his gesture.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #441: Dec 27, 2015 08:50:45 am
      F**k, what is it with our team and hamstrings this season.

Get better soon lad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #442: Dec 31, 2015 11:49:46 am
      Liverpool FC News ‏@LivEchoLFC  18 mins18 minutes ago
      Origi likely to miss around three weeks.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #443: Jan 11, 2016 11:58:37 pm
      Divock out for another month after undergoing minor surgery on his knee  :mad:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #444: Jan 12, 2016 07:16:32 am
      Divock out for another month after undergoing minor surgery on his knee  :mad:

I wonder How did the hamstring injury morph into a knee injury?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #445: Jan 12, 2016 07:26:07 am
      I wonder How did the hamstring injury morph into a knee injury?

Two separate injuries mate. He was suppose to be fit for Arsenal. Another training ground injury?

Liverpool have been dealt a fresh injury blow after the striker Divock Origi underwent surgery on a knee problem that will sideline the Belgium international for another month.

The 20-year-old has been absent since suffering a hamstring strain in the 1-0 win over Leicester City on Boxing Day. He had been scheduled to make a comeback against Arsenal or Manchester United in the Premier League this week only for a separate knee injury to postpone the comeback.

Origi returned to Belgium for the procedure and it could be late February before he is available to Jürgen Klopp again, ruling him out of at least five league matches plus the FA Cup third-round replay against Exeter City and the second leg of the League Cup semi-final against Stoke City.
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/11/liverpool-divock-origi-knee-operation
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #446: Jan 12, 2016 08:08:07 am
      Two separate injuries mate. He was suppose to be fit for Arsenal. Another training ground injury?

Liverpool have been dealt a fresh injury blow after the striker Divock Origi underwent surgery on a knee problem that will sideline the Belgium international for another month.

The 20-year-old has been absent since suffering a hamstring strain in the 1-0 win over Leicester City on Boxing Day. He had been scheduled to make a comeback against Arsenal or Manchester United in the Premier League this week only for a separate knee injury to postpone the comeback.

Origi returned to Belgium for the procedure and it could be late February before he is available to Jürgen Klopp again, ruling him out of at least five league matches plus the FA Cup third-round replay against Exeter City and the second leg of the League Cup semi-final against Stoke City.
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/11/liverpool-divock-origi-knee-operation

That would make sense.

Cheers.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #447: Feb 04, 2016 02:40:27 pm
      Really hope he can start where he left off, he had just started to come good like the rest of them before they got injured.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #448: Feb 14, 2016 04:19:39 pm
      Great to have Divock back - can't believe I'm saying that, considering I tore strips off the guy a few months back. With him and Sturridge on the field, we really could be a huge threat. But even without Sturridge, Origi has shown more threat on his own and offered up space for team mates behind (note the Leicester match in December where he was the best player before he came off).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #449: Feb 14, 2016 04:24:15 pm
      Looked very good in his cameo. Perfect run and finish as soon as he came on and he was busy throughout.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #450: Feb 14, 2016 04:24:44 pm
      Great to have Divock back - can't believe I'm saying that, considering I tore strips off the guy a few months back. With him and Sturridge on the field, we really could be a huge threat. But even without Sturridge, Origi has shown more threat on his own and offered up space for team mates behind (note the Leicester match in December where he was the best player before he came off).
      Agreed. He has physical strength to his game too. Plus he shows far better movement than Benteke off the ball.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #451: Feb 14, 2016 04:43:39 pm
      I like Origi. There's definitely a player in there and he took his goal very well. Great to have some pace up front too!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #452: Feb 15, 2016 01:06:29 am
      I like Origi. There's definitely a player in there and he took his goal very well. Great to have some pace up front too!

Be nice if Danny stayed fit and Origi could get bedded in by playing behind him or spelling him for a match here and there. Like you, I think there's a player in there, just needs the right fit and some grooming.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #453: Feb 15, 2016 01:19:45 am
      Be nice if Danny stayed fit and Origi could get bedded in by

After watching what that fan did to Origi today I did fear what might come next after this start :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #454: Feb 15, 2016 02:00:21 am
      After watching what that fan did to Origi today I did fear what might come next after this start :)
      I looked at my wife and she says "did that guy just kiss him?" :o

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #455: Feb 15, 2016 07:05:45 pm
      I don't think he will ever become one of the best strikers around or anything like that by any stretch of the imagination but he looks like a player we could rely on to add a good bit of reliable depth to the squad.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #456: Feb 15, 2016 07:19:01 pm
      Reminds me a bit of David N'Gogg, never likely to be a legend imo, but playing alongside Sturridge could greatly improve his game.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #457: Feb 15, 2016 07:21:04 pm
      I don't think he will ever become one of the best strikers around or anything like that by any stretch of the imagination but he looks like a player we could rely on to add a good bit of reliable depth to the squad.
      I don't think you can judge that yet, when Sturridge was the same age as Origi is now he had around the same goal to game ratio as Origi has now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #458: Feb 15, 2016 09:23:41 pm
      I don't think you can judge that yet, when Sturridge was the same age as Origi is now he had around the same goal to game ratio as Origi has now.

Sturridge always looked like he would go on to become a top player, injuries have been the only thing that have had an impact on him reaching his potential
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #459: Feb 15, 2016 09:33:07 pm
      I kind of disagree, I think Origi could become a quality player. He has the talent and the tools. I am not saying he will become a superstar, I think it is quite possible he becomes quality and potentially in the starting XI week in week out.

Way too early to tell though. He still has a bit of work to do to reach that point, but age is on his side.

Quick Reply