Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 217454 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #644: Apr 22, 2016 08:12:53 am
      Yup. This is apparently to be confirmed tomorrow.

An injury to Danny right now would probably cause a riot.

JINX!!

YNWA
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #645: Apr 22, 2016 08:42:02 am
      Gutted for the lad, as others have said and the timing is awful. He is full of confidence and we are at the business end of the season with something to play for.  :f_wah:

I'll gladly hold up my hand and admit that I thought we had a duffer on our books, but he has looked the real deal lately.  :nod:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #646: Apr 22, 2016 08:49:56 am
      Mori was a disgrace yesterday and as for his badge kissing, well which way do you interperate the gesture, my interpretation is Mori you c**t

Spot f**king on mate and this picture should say the same instead of w**ker.

:romanjury:    :f_steam:
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #647: Apr 22, 2016 10:54:41 am
      4 weeks until the Europa final. How sweet would it be if he was fit to win us our 4th uefa cup.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #648: Apr 22, 2016 12:21:08 pm
      4 weeks until the Europa final. How sweet would it be if he was fit to win us our 4th uefa cup.

He won't be. His season is over. Gut wrenching.

We can't rely on Sturridge until the end of the season - as great as he is.

Now is the time for Benteke to shine once and for all as he is close to returning - if he fails to turn up at such a crucial time, then he should be shown the door as far as I'm concerned.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #649: Apr 22, 2016 03:33:14 pm
      He won't be. His season is over. Gut wrenching.

We can't rely on Sturridge until the end of the season - as great as he is.

Now is the time for Benteke to shine once and for all as he is close to returning - if he fails to turn up at such a crucial time, then he should be shown the door as far as I'm concerned.

According to klopp he may be back before season end.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #650: Apr 22, 2016 05:00:13 pm
      Any one got any of that 'magic' horse placenta? :roll:
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #651: Apr 22, 2016 05:46:55 pm
      Poor lad. Just as he was coming into his own, taking the league by storm. He'll be some player for us and will come back stronger. Mori needs a long hard look at himself.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #652: Apr 23, 2016 07:07:11 am
      Poor lad. Just as he was coming into his own, taking the league by storm.

"Taking the league by storm"??!

He had a very good run of games.  Taking the league by storm is hyperbole.

Suarez took the league by storm when he was with us.  Origi has had a few very good games; let's not go overboard.

I really don't get the gloom and doom about Origi being out for the rest of the season.  Bad news for him, but the best striker at the club when fit is Sturridge, by a country mile.  If we had one game to play to get into next season's CL, and it was a must win, I would start Sturridge every day of the week. 

Sturridge is the striker who is most deadly and has the most quality going forward.  He's much faster and quicker than Origi, which plays to Coutinho and Firmino's strengths as they can play him in behind defences much easier than Origi etc.

The loss of Can will have much more of an impact on our success the rest of our season than the loss of Origi. 

Let's just hope both can be back fit and raring to go for the start of next season.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #653: Apr 23, 2016 08:00:57 am

Suarez took the league by storm when he was with us.  Origi has had a few very good games; let's not go overboard.

I really don't get the gloom and doom about Origi being out for the rest of the season.  Bad news for him, but the best striker at the club when fit is Sturridge, by a country mile.  If we had one game to play to get into next season's CL, and it was a must win, I would start Sturridge every day of the week. 

Sturridge is the striker who is most deadly and has the most quality going forward.  He's much faster and quicker than Origi, which plays to Coutinho and Firmino's strengths as they can play him in behind defences much easier than Origi etc.

The loss of Can will have much more of an impact on our success the rest of our season than the loss of Origi. 

Let's just hope both can be back fit and raring to go for the start of next season.

Sturridge isn't much quicker than Origi. His top speed probably is higher, but it's not night and day. Origi certainly isn't slow as you try and make him sound like he is.

It's bad news for the club more than Origi. Wirh him and Sturridge being fit and in form it has given us the option to terrorise defences. It also has allowed us to play an a team with a quality striker and a b team with an even better one and get results in both matches. That is something that concerns me now.

Obviously Sturridge is the better player, but I'm not sure why they need to be compared. It's nice having two good players rather than one.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #654: Apr 23, 2016 09:31:12 am
      I really don't get the gloom and doom about Origi being out for the rest of the season.  Bad news for him, but the best striker at the club when fit is Sturridge, by a country mile.

But that's the problem exactly, we never know if Studge will crack next game, he is not reliable fitness wise. I hope he will stand fit till the end of the season but Origi's injury is a big blow for the club at this stage of the season because he give us an option to rotate and proved we can count on him in a big games.
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2016 12:35:54 pm by Red John »
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,651 posts | 481 
      Reply #655: Apr 23, 2016 12:11:29 pm

Who the hell says that he is better than Sturridge?

Comparing a 21 year old with a seasoned pro? I doubt someone else would be able to do it except you.

Doom and gloom? - So are we supposed to be happy about a player (An in-form striker) being injured , only to be left with an injury prone Sturridge (Who hasn't  started 5 PL games in a row since 2014)as an only option?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #656: Apr 23, 2016 12:44:46 pm
      We have Sturridge, Firmino as strikers with Ojo as backup. People forget how good Firmino is ant CF. We have plenty of wingers. Origi WAS the inform striker, he won't be until next season now. We still have some very good strikers left. I would honestly start Ojo against Newcastle because you know who is next.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #657: Apr 29, 2016 11:44:10 am
      We have Sturridge, Firmino as strikers with Ojo as backup. People forget how good Firmino is ant CF. We have plenty of wingers. Origi WAS the inform striker, he won't be until next season now. We still have some very good strikers left. I would honestly start Ojo against Newcastle because you know who is next.

Had another poor performance there yesterday though...
      We would have been better with Origi up top and there would have been more of a chance to get an away goal.

Apparently he's out for 4 more weeks. Too late for our season, but he might still play an important role for Belgium at the euros.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #658: Apr 29, 2016 03:24:32 pm
      Apparently he's out for 4 more weeks. Too late for our season, but he might still play an important role for Belgium at the euros.

Hope not. I hate our bad luck with injuries on internationals. Prefer him to properly recover for preseason with us.

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2016 03:36:25 pm by Red John »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #659: May 06, 2016 08:38:24 pm
      Is upping his rehab to get some minutes against Weat Brom and put himself in contention for the final.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,547 posts | 3906 
      Reply #660: May 06, 2016 09:00:25 pm
      Is upping his rehab to get some minutes against Weat Brom and put himself in contention for the final.

Lovely. We need him
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #661: May 11, 2016 02:24:54 pm
      On Red Cafe there is a Martial vs Origi thread with most comments saying Martial is a class above etc. etc. and that the more fair comparison would be Rashford vs Origi :lmao: They were going on like Martial was world class so I checked his stats for this season...

Martial
      Premier League: Games - 30; Goals - 11; Assists - 4; Mins per goal - 232;
      Domestic Cups: Games - 8; Goals - 3; Assists - 3; Mins per goal - 197;
      Overall: Games - 51; Goals - 18; Assists - 9; Mins per goal - 236.5;

Origi
      Premier League: Games - 16; Goals - 5; Assists - 1; Mins per goal - 133;
      Domestic Cups: Games - 5; Goals - 3; Assists - 0; Mins per goal - 122;
      Overall: Games - 32; Goals - 10; Assists - 3; Mins per goal - 160;

For the price paid for both I find it laughable. £55m+ for a 1 in 3 goalscorer? Some of Origi's game minutes have been more like 22, 24, 22, 6, 84, 45, 11, 15 etc. than Martial's 90 minutes every week.

I think Martial is a very good player but I'd rather pay £10m for Origi and spent the difference elsewhere.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #662: May 11, 2016 02:38:47 pm
      On Red Cafe there is a Martial vs Origi thread with most comments saying Martial is a class above etc. etc. and that the more fair comparison would be Rashford vs Origi :lmao: They were going on like Martial was world class so I checked his stats for this season...

Martial

Origi

For the price paid for both I find it laughable. £55m+ for a 1 in 3 goalscorer? Some of Origi's game minutes have been more like 22, 24, 22, 6, 84, 45, 11, 15 etc. than Martial's 90 minutes every week.

I think Martial is a very good player but I'd rather pay £10m for Origi and spent the difference elsewhere.

As you say mate both very talented youngsters but maybe we got a bargain with Divock.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #663: May 11, 2016 07:19:57 pm

Martial

Origi

Apparently the reason why martials stats aren't as good is because he's played mainly out wide not up front like Divock  ;)
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #664: May 11, 2016 10:00:18 pm
      Both are outstanding young players, but different players. I can see Martial being more of an Henry style player and Origi more of a Drogba style.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #665: May 13, 2016 09:20:34 am
      I think both are very talented young players. Minutes on the field will determine who develops to be the better prospect.
      I see Martial as their main striker (if played in position), whereas Divock is our second striker behind Sturridge...he has huge potential though!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #666: May 14, 2016 09:43:19 am
      We definitely got the best deal but Martial seems to have more confidence and skills. Origi with proper management can turn into an excellent player. Martial can  probably become one of the best strikers of the world. Origi has to show more but he is very very promising and has showed that he can be relied upon.

Quick Reply