Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 218358 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #690: Oct 25, 2016 10:41:06 pm
      Good game tonight looked pretty sharp .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #691: Oct 25, 2016 10:46:28 pm
      Clearly a crowd favourite this lad & rightly so..
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #692: Oct 25, 2016 10:50:09 pm
      Playing himself into form, excellent tonight!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #693: Nov 26, 2016 10:23:00 pm
      Bump.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #694: Nov 26, 2016 10:50:42 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #695: Nov 26, 2016 11:11:47 pm
      Great goal, calmed the nerves and the frustration.

Hope he gets more game time now. Would love to see him and Daniel (if Danny is fit) up front for the Leeds and Bournemouth games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #696: Nov 27, 2016 09:48:51 am
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #697: Nov 27, 2016 10:37:19 am
      Surely must start against Leeds on Tuesday, whatever the injury situation. I would back him to score against any side at the moment let alone a lower division team like Leeds.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #698: Nov 29, 2016 12:20:38 am
      Surely must start against Leeds on Tuesday, whatever the injury situation. I would back him to score against any side at the moment let alone a lower division team like Leeds.

He's full of confidence or sure
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #699: Nov 29, 2016 07:51:22 am
      Looks like he may be getting more game time with the injury to Coutinho and Sturridge showing no reliability on the injury front.

He was on fire before he got injured last season, hopefully he can quickly get into that groove again. The signs were all there against Sunderland.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #700: Nov 29, 2016 12:27:13 pm
      Look forward to watching him in action tonight. The game being televised by Sky, I will be off to the pub.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #701: Nov 29, 2016 01:32:50 pm
      Klopp said "This is a player we can have a lot of fun with"

I think he's right again.
      Origi has everything a striker needs.
      It's up to him to listen to Klopp and turn it into performances.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #702: Nov 29, 2016 02:49:35 pm
      Very confident Divock will start producing, this is his chance to shine, its crystal Jürgen prefers his movement as opposed to Studge, but that doesn't mean there is no room for Studge, it's particularly hard this season because of the lack of opportunities for both, (1) the system (2) the lack of European fixtures,
      It's a real toe up the clacker bag we've lost Cou but things like this happen in football always has always will, it's how you can adapt to such a loss, sometimes blessings can be found thru someone's misfortune,

We all witnessed just how good a player we have in Divock, give him a run of games and he will produce, I have no fears in that regard, in any system however successful, it's always a good thing to have different options, the adjustments Jürgen will have to make will,give us another string to our bow, a adaptation we can return to if further injuries allow,

This is not a new thing, down the decades we've coped with adversity of losing key players, but we've still managed to succeed and in fact have become better for it,

We will miss Cou, but in Divock we have a player who fits very nicely into what Jürgen wants, he likes him to run at defences, creates space for others, can bang in a few goals, he's , young strong and has a good brain,
      I have a feeling come the time of Cou's return, Jürgen will have a major headache which system to use, and that's not a bad thing for me, have faith ppl, we're in good shape despite losing one of our best, good sides adapt with losing their best players, great sides adapt and still succeed without theirs, I think we're a great side.

BELIEVE !!

YNWA
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #703: Dec 01, 2016 04:28:45 am
      He is becoming a very very good striker. I think we've got one of the brightest young strikers available. He should start regularly this month, given the injuries of Lallana and Coutinho.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #704: Dec 01, 2016 10:41:31 am
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #705: Dec 01, 2016 11:13:01 am
      This lad has shown, that he is certainly capable, of producing the goods. Origi worthy of his place in the team, not just a squad member.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #706: Dec 01, 2016 12:51:23 pm
      I honestly believe this guy will get us 20+ goals a season if he was in the first 11 consistently
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #707: Dec 02, 2016 01:18:51 pm
      origi is unbelievable for his age and my new fav player
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #708: Dec 11, 2016 08:30:51 pm
      What's that 4 goals now in his last 4 games, is really starting to produce just a shame he is being let down at the other end.
      Kopite78
      Reply #709: Dec 11, 2016 09:32:18 pm
      What's that 4 goals now in his last 4 games, is really starting to produce just a shame he is being let down at the other end.

The goals are great, and I've been a great advocate of his, even last week but I have to say I thought he was poor today, nothing stuck with him, he ran blind channels a lot.
      Also I felt him playing trough the middle is affecting Firmino who just doesn't look the same player out wide.

With the lack of options due to injuries from the bench I'd be tempted to leave one of him or Bobby on the bench so that we have a game changer on the bench and bring someone else in to midfield
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #710: Dec 11, 2016 09:37:10 pm
      The goals are great, and I've been a great advocate of his, even last week but I have to say I thought he was poor today, nothing stuck with him, he ran blind channels a lot.
      Also I felt him playing trough the middle is affecting Firmino who just doesn't look the same player out wide.

With the lack of options due to injuries from the bench I'd be tempted to leave one of him or Bobby on the bench so that we have a game changer on the bench and bring someone else in to midfield

We have scored 5 goals in two games, for most other teams in the EPL that's 6 pts.

The attack is doing their job, I think it's unrealistic that we are going to smash 6 goals in every game.

The defence and keeper is the issue for me.
      Kopite78
      Reply #711: Dec 11, 2016 09:41:04 pm
      We have scored 5 goals in two games, for most other teams in the EPL that's 6 pts.

The attack is doing their job, I think it's unrealistic that we are going to smash 6 goals in every game.

The defence and keeper is the issue for me.

Oh I wouldn't disagree with that mate,  I'm just saying especially in modern football, games are won from the bench too and our match winning options today due to injuries are zero... Therefore I'd try to create one

Just saying too I didn't think Divock was great today
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #712: Dec 11, 2016 09:48:19 pm
      Oh I wouldn't disagree with that mate,  I'm just saying especially in modern football, games are won from the bench too and our match winning options today due to injuries are zero... Therefore I'd try to create one

Just saying too I didn't think Divock was great today

I'm sure Origi can improve his overall game, it's hard to believe he is still only 21.

The last 2 games will have highlighted to Klopp the lack of quality with just a couple of injuries. He mentioned this issue in his post match presser.

Quick Reply