Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216268 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #138: Nov 20, 2014 04:41:45 pm
      See I don't think it is a matter of not providing adequate funding. The funds were/are there and the owners rely on the people who are appointed to spend it to make us better, obviously it's not gone quite to plan as yet but still early.

its not the transfer kiity that is in doubt but how much we are prepared to pay in wages etc.
      the signings we have made are not top draw because they all command £100k plus per week,
      The Policy is to buy young cheaper players on lower wages and sell them on for a profit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #139: Nov 20, 2014 04:46:40 pm
      See I don't think it is a matter of not providing adequate funding. The funds were/are there and the owners rely on the people who are appointed to spend it to make us better, obviously it's not gone quite to plan as yet but still early.

Said earlier that FSG have stated they will not take part in a bidding battle or pay more than they consider adequate for a player, the statement ''the funds are/were there'' does suggest the manager has carte blanche to sign who the F**k he wants.
      The reality is quite different
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2014 05:34:33 pm by stuey »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #140: Nov 20, 2014 05:20:21 pm
      Said earlier that FSG have stated they will not take part in a bidding battle or pay more than they consider adequate for a player, the statement ''the funds are/were there'' does suggest the manger has carte blanche to sign who the f**k he wants.
      The reality is quite different

Spot on Stuey.

"we can compete with anyone in football financially"
      "we wont get in a bidding war!"

"we're here to win!"
      "we're not paying top wages"

"the funds are there if needed"
      "the funds are still there hahahaha"
      (the final one may be just my interpretation)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #141: Nov 21, 2014 09:53:28 am
      its not the transfer kiity that is in doubt but how much we are prepared to pay in wages etc.
      the signings we have made are not top draw because they all command £100k plus per week,
      The Policy is to buy young cheaper players on lower wages and sell them on for a profit.

Seems that some people are suggesting that FSG will do this with Liverpool too. Success will never happen in football for any team if this is the thought process of a club's owner.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #142: Nov 21, 2014 10:09:28 am
      Seems that some people are suggesting that FSG will do this with Liverpool too. Success will never happen in football for any team if this is the thought process of a club's owner.

Events would suggest that unfortunately FSG are intent on the more negative path you describe.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #143: Nov 21, 2014 10:35:06 am
      you can see the FSG brain cogs going over slowly. We can buy him out for £5mil or spend £50mil plus for a striker we should have bought in the summer.
      It would be a disaster  to bring this lad into the mad house that is LFC at present

That’s a great shout... theres no way in the world FSG are going to sanction a big (and it would have to be big) money move for a top name striker when they already have a striker, on form and scoring goals, playing in another country! They won’t understand the logic in leaving him where he is and investing further... this is where the money-men make decisions over football-men!

They will see £3m-£5m as not even a gamble and the fact he is probably going to struggle finding his feet in this league they wont give a monkeys toss about!! The enormous pressure he will be under to deliver straight away could crush the lad. We need someone to hit the ground running, and this lad would be coming in to effectively lead our attack… madness!

Leave the boy there is my advice... but FSG won’t see it!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #144: Nov 21, 2014 10:53:59 am
      you can see the FSG brain cogs going over slowly. We can buy him out for £5mil or spend £50mil plus for a striker we should have bought in the summer.
      It would be a disaster  to bring this lad into the mad house that is LFC at present

Not really an enticement for signings in general, to make such a statement about a player actually on the club's books is nothing but alarming.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #145: Nov 21, 2014 11:44:18 am
      What I like about the lad is that when asked about a possible early move was the confidence he had that he could make a difference.  He's been following our misfortune, knows that we're struggling for goals but seemed excited at the thought of being the "go to man".  That says a lot about his character. 

It's not ideal to be putting pressure on him but it's not like he's playing a bit part at Lille or with Belgium.  I think he can handle it.
      JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #146: Nov 21, 2014 11:52:24 am
      What I like about the lad is that when asked about a possible early move was the confidence he had that he could make a difference.  He's been following our misfortune, knows that we're struggling for goals but seemed excited at the thought of being the "go to man".  That says a lot about his character. 

It's not ideal to be putting pressure on him but it's not like he's playing a bit part at Lille or with Belgium.  I think he can handle it.

I agree, it says a lot about his character, but I recall Lazar coming in with that same air of confidence about him, and he's not translated that onto the football pitch for us just yet.  :(
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #147: Dec 02, 2014 10:55:57 am

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #148: Dec 02, 2014 02:49:57 pm

Good to see Origi at 19 is pretty much matching the play of a 22-year-old. Kid has a lot of potential and raw ability, just needs to be refined.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #149: Dec 14, 2014 07:00:09 pm
      Is he any use? Not scoring much as a CF at a big team in a pretty mediocre league.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #150: Dec 15, 2014 11:14:22 pm
      Lille fans booed Divock Origi after he missed a penalty against Wolfsburg. He hasn't scored for 923 minutes

Origi
       :f_doh:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #151: Dec 15, 2014 11:20:27 pm
      Lille fans booed Divock Origi after he missed a penalty against Wolfsburg. He hasn't scored for 923 minutes

Origi

he is going to feel right at home when he gets to Anfield
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #152: Dec 15, 2014 11:25:03 pm
      he is going to feel right at home when he gets to Anfield

I was going to say that.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #153: Dec 15, 2014 11:48:14 pm

Origi

Will they release him now?

We will need him ASAP!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #154: Dec 16, 2014 12:37:44 am
      Better if he stays on loan imo.

Agree.

Another kid expected to come in and save our season.

Just look at how Raheem has struggled this season and the stick Markovic has got at times this season for his big price tag.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #155: Dec 19, 2014 10:46:48 pm
      Rumors starting to circulate that a deal has been done to Origi over in January! If it's true we can forget about the 50 million Benzema deal!  :f_tongueincheek:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #156: Dec 19, 2014 11:07:21 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #157: Dec 19, 2014 11:11:07 pm
      I doubt he will arrive early, for a start BR has an ego and wont want it to seem as though he has accepted his signings haven't been good enough this season.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #158: Dec 20, 2014 10:15:36 am
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/12/report-liverpool-agree-deal-bring-divock-origi-anfield-january/

According to Sporting Witness, AFP – the French Press Association – are reporting that Liverpool will pay €6 million (£4.7m) in compensation in order to cut short the season-long loan deal.

However, Liverpool have since denied the report, according to Sky Sports.

The Reds signed the Belgium forward for a reported £10 million in the summer, but agreed to allow Origi to be loaned back to the French side for the 2014/15 campaign.

Lille though are struggling in Ligue 1 and Origi hasn’t scored for them since the start of October. Last weekend he missed a penalty and was booed by his own supporters.

Clearly, being at Lille is not helping Origi’s development and he’d be better off at Liverpool.

His arrival won’t solve Liverpool’s goalscoring problems, but clearly bringing in Origi, allowing him time to settle before next season would be beneficial for all parties.

If Liverpool are able to sell Fabio Borini in January and get a good fee for the Italian in order to strengthen other areas, while bringing in Origi early, it would strengthen The Reds’ squad.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #159: Dec 20, 2014 02:26:39 pm
      I doubt he will arrive early, for a start BR has an ego and wont want it to seem as though he has accepted his signings haven't been good enough this season.

Origi IS one of his signings this season, technically. But I see your point.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #160: Dec 20, 2014 02:43:43 pm
      If we've got to pay another 5 mill for this lad, he starts to look a bit expensive to me. That said needs must I suppose, buy I'd rather we bought a proper striker who's ready to rock. Bony or Berahino for me.

Quick Reply