Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

How Much Will You Miss Luis?

Read 20048 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      How Much Will You Miss Luis?
      Aug 02, 2014 12:50:46 pm
      I'm not sure if this should go here or in General Football but if I've got it wrong Mods feel free to move.

Even though I thought Luis would leave this summer I'm not sure it has really dawned on me just yet that he is actually gone and won't turn out for us in the coming season.

Now I'm not asking how much we will miss him as a team as I actually think that although he will leave a huge hole in our side Brendan is trying to fill that by assembling a stronger 'team' and we may well see a side that looks equally as good as it did last season just without that individual brilliance that Luis brought to our side.

Which brings me on to my main point which is how much you will miss 'him' playing in a red shirt.

I think when the starts I'll miss him big time as he has been a joy to watch over his time here and a player who always gave 100% no matter what was going on off the field and he is one of the very few players that was equally as good at the more 'dirty' part of the game such as tracking back, harrying defenders etc and in my opinion is the hardest working footballer in the game right now which only adds to his brilliance.

I don't think I can remember a player who has been as good for us in all aspects of the game at least since Stevie in his prime and even then I have to say Luis's appetite for the game is maybe even stronger that Gerrard's has been over the years. No offense intended against Stevie here but for me Luis' will to win and sheer determination in every game he plays was/is unrivaled and it will be a shame not to have that in a red shirt in the coming season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Re: How Much Will You Miss Luis?
      Reply #1: Aug 02, 2014 02:09:12 pm
      I'm not sure if this should go here or in General Football but if I've got it wrong Mods feel free to move.

Even though I thought Luis would leave this summer I'm not sure it has really dawned on me just yet that he is actually gone and won't turn out for us in the coming season.

Now I'm not asking how much we will miss him as a team as I actually think that although he will leave a huge hole in our side Brendan is trying to fill that by assembling a stronger 'team' and we may well see a side that looks equally as good as it did last season just without that individual brilliance that Luis brought to our side.

Which brings me on to my main point which is how much you will miss 'him' playing in a red shirt.

I think when the starts I'll miss him big time as he has been a joy to watch over his time here and a player who always gave 100% no matter what was going on off the field and he is one of the very few players that was equally as good at the more 'dirty' part of the game such as tracking back, harrying defenders etc and in my opinion is the hardest working footballer in the game right now which only adds to his brilliance.

I don't think I can remember a player who has been as good for us in all aspects of the game at least since Stevie in his prime and even then I have to say Luis's appetite for the game is maybe even stronger that Gerrard's has been over the years. No offense intended against Stevie here but for me Luis' will to win and sheer determination in every game he plays was/is unrivaled and it will be a shame not to have that in a red shirt in the coming season.
      It's funny because when you think of the small things he used to do, it really dawns on you how special he was. Somebody mentioned it on here the other day, about how well he used to use his body to shield the ball. Sometimes he wouldn't even have to touch the ball and he would have already taken a few players out the game. It would also allow him draw fouls in dangerous areas, I lost count of how many penalties he won for us last season.

I honestly doubt we have had or will have (for quite some time at least) a more technically gifted footballer than Luis Suarez.

So yeah, I'll miss him.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2: Aug 02, 2014 02:20:58 pm
      It's only really been sinking in for me the past couple of weeks. Absolutely gutted he has left, such a privilege to watch him play live and such a shame we couldn't have won the title last season because had we won it, I would feel a lot better about him going. Having said that, if we start the season well and keep winning it. Will lessen pretty quickly and some one else will hopefully grab the mantle.

I tell you what I will miss (and it's a bit of a strange one), how good Luis is at throw-ins. Is there anybody better at turning a nothing throw-in into a chance at goal. The way he shows for the ball, get his body in the way as it bounces, turning the defender in the process without actually touching the ball and then he's off. I can't recall seeing another player be quite as effective at this.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #3: Aug 02, 2014 02:44:11 pm
      If we're winning then not at all.

If we're struggling to score goals up front then loads.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4: Aug 02, 2014 03:08:33 pm
      I will miss everything about him, his nutmegs, his pressing, moaning and goals! but most importantly, his desire to score or create to the very last seconds of the game, no matter if we're winning, drawing or losing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,224 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Aug 02, 2014 05:01:01 pm
      Honestly no I wont. He's gone thanks and good luck. I don't follow any player I follow the club and when the season starts he wont even cross my mind. Im not one who would watch a game and say "Luis would have scored that" or "if only Luis was still here" and that's not being a smart arse answer

I've seen loads come and go and the only 2 who I really can say I missed being there was God and Rob Jones and eventually I got over them :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #6: Aug 02, 2014 05:07:07 pm
      Honestly no I wont. He's gone thanks and good luck. I don't follow any player I follow the club and when the season starts he wont even cross my mind. Im not one who would watch a game and say "Luis would have scored that" or "if only Luis was still here" and that's not being a smart arse answer

I've seen loads come and go and the only 2 who I really can say I missed being there was God and Rob Jones and eventually I got over them :)

Really Bri?

I won't miss him when I'm watching the lads as I'll be too tied up in our games but I will miss simply watching him play football.

I know that may not make much sense but I'm sure someone will get what I mean.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,224 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Aug 02, 2014 05:11:48 pm
      Really Bri?

I won't miss him when I'm watching the lads as I'll be too tied up in our games but I will miss simply watching him play football.

I know that may not make much sense but I'm sure someone will get what I mean.

Yeah mate back of my mind. I get ye when you say youll miss his football ability but the lads might play the kind of football this season that will help sooth that problem hopefully
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #8: Aug 02, 2014 05:29:05 pm
      While we all follow the club ,i think anyone who says they wont miss one of the worlds best running around anfield  like his life depended on it ,is either in denial ,or just subcontiously dont want to admit it ,as much i think the whole premiership will miss not having him playing in the league at the end of the day we all want to see great football and great players just so happens he was ours.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #9: Aug 02, 2014 05:44:19 pm
      Only Gerrard beats him as the greatest Liverpool player of the Premiership era. I always took the rough with the smooth, he had a will to win unlike any footballer I've ever seen. Chiellini understood this, that is the nature of competition. Never cared what he did on the football pitch as long as he was trying his best to win; he only deserved his bans because he got caught. All in all I'll remember him as one of my favourites and will miss him accordingly.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #10: Aug 02, 2014 08:45:03 pm
      A lot ,fabulous player who could create somthing out of nothing in a nanosecond incredible footballer.
      Saying that i missed Dalglish,Beardsley,Barnes,Rush,Fowler,Torres you get my drift.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 819 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #11: Aug 02, 2014 08:51:05 pm
      As much as i appreciate his quality and the way i loved to see him play and he was always my favorite player to watch when he was here, i didn't really become attached to him as i did other players. E.g Owen,Torres.

Torres for me was a brilliant player when here and although Suarez is better than the Torres of old by quite a bit now i reckon, in comparison to the news of both players leaving, i was 10x more upset when Torres left the club. He was my favorite since i got LFC jerseys, i never really wanted to have a player on my shirt but till this the day the only one i have had is Torres no 9.

For whatever reason i didn't feel the same about Suarez, but he will be missed in a different sense, the sense i appreciate his ability on the field and the heart he gave when playing for us, that won't be forgotten the complete player and total warrior that he was. 

EDIT - why am i saying Jerseys? :D. And don't get me wrong i just pity Torres now but if i was to watch a highlight video of him on youtube while at the club it'd bring back happy memories. Same as Suarez just not the same though.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #12: Aug 02, 2014 08:54:35 pm

Players who I follow become Liverpool football club Kenny, Jan, Robbie, Rush etc etc Suarez was just a business deal to me he means nothing same as Torres.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Aug 02, 2014 08:55:48 pm
      We'll see.

The best way to to get over an ex is to replace them with someone better, isn't it? ;)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Aug 02, 2014 09:13:05 pm
      Last season - that is last season - he had as impressive a season and anyone has ever had in a red shirt. He was unbelievable. I loved watching him play, especially in the box where he was so direct and took guys on all the time, twisting and turning, at speed. And his finishing improved hugely, some of his goals were unbelievable. In many of those tight matches, it was him that broke the deadlock. He practically never got injured. He was constantly on the move, at players, at the ref, he had that spark that made him want to win, to score, to turn over the other guy. I'm gonna miss him bigtime.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #15: Aug 02, 2014 09:15:11 pm
      Last season - that is last season - he had as impressive a season and anyone has ever had in a red shirt. He was unbelievable. I loved watching him play, especially in the box where he was so direct and took guys on all the time, twisting and turning, at speed. And his finishing improved hugely, some of his goals were unbelievable. In many of those tight matches, it was him that broke the deadlock. He practically never got injured. He was constantly on the move, at players, at the ref, he had that spark that made him want to win, to score, to turn over the other guy. I'm gonna miss him bigtime.

And yet never scored against a team in the other top four positions....did he cost us the title  ;) ;) ;)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16: Aug 02, 2014 09:32:27 pm
      Wont miss him at all, this season is going to be too exciting to give him any thought  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,173 posts | 8549 
      Reply #17: Aug 02, 2014 09:36:41 pm
      Lots, especially his nutmegs! Haven't seen a player nutmeg so many opposition players since the days of John Barnes in his prime.

And not forgetting his histrionics, when he wasn't given a pass when in on goal or when he missed what was an easy chance and went just short of twatting himself.

The most passionate, world class, mad c**t I've seen for some time in a red shirt and yeah I'll miss the goofy b***ard!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #18: Aug 02, 2014 09:38:31 pm
      He will be missed due to the expectation of everyone, when he took to the field. Also, the dread, fear, uncertainty, bewilderment, call it what you want, of the opposition when he had the ball at his feet anywhere near their goal.
      I don't think that Rushy, Robbie Fowler, Owen, or Torres, ever had as much fear factor for the opponents when playing, even though I hold them all in high regard for what they achieved for us in their time.
      It seems that Louis was using us as a stepping stone to his real goal, Barcelona, so doesn't have that same infinity with the club or the fans.
      Massive massive player, with ability to strike fear into any side. But still behind Rushy and Robbie, but ahead of Owen and Torres  as I think they became Judas's while I think we all knew what Louis' ambitions were.
      Just my opinion though.
      And we all move on together, we will be a bit weaker up top, but compensate by being stronger at the back and more creative in the middle. We will win the prem, and Barca will be runners up in La Liga. We will also beat them in the C.L. Final, with Louis suspended for biting Bale.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #19: Aug 02, 2014 10:30:06 pm
      Of course we are going to miss him, even Brian deep down in his thoughts will, even if he won't admit it
      How can you not miss the best player on the planet this year,

Luis gave his all and some every time he pulled on our shirt, and it is right there hasn't been a player so committed, passionate, determined to win than he, with the exception of Stevie of course,

The man is simply a genius, a crazy one at that, he is simply irreplaceable, how can anyone deny him his dream, he believes the pinnacle of his career would be to play either at the Bernabeau or the Camp Nou,

He has his wishes fulfilled, we were not a stepping stone for him, we were part of his progress as a professional athlete that helped him find his goal,
      I for one is grateful he gave us the entertainment and joy he provided since his arrival, I'll never forget the smiles he put on my face or those feelings of ecstasy when we battered yet another of our rivals, yep , I'm gonna miss him, but over the years special players have come and gone Luis Suarez is just another name added to that list,

Good luck Luis, thanks for the memories,

YNWA

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #20: Aug 03, 2014 12:27:19 am
      I miss him terribly, every time the Team walked out of the tunnel, first place I looked was to see if Stevie was at the front then panned straight to the back to see if Luis was at the tail of the line.

The habit hasn't stopped!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21: Aug 03, 2014 12:28:49 am
      *Watches other players take free kicks. Sobs uncontrollably*
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #22: Aug 03, 2014 12:41:17 am
      I wondering how much will the club miss Luis..

Quick Reply