Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

How Much Will You Miss Luis?

Read 20041 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: How Much Will You Miss Luis?
      Reply #115: Aug 06, 2014 02:04:48 pm
      Immensely.

I am still grieving in some way even though it was inevitable he would leave. For me and my time he is the best that we have had in terms of his footballing abillity he was sheer class and brilliance. The only player in world football who could produce something out of nothing, his touch, work ethic off the ball, sheer skill and class are second to none. He is simply a brilliant footballer one that was capable of delivering us the holy grail we have yearned so long for. He made those around him better players and overall was a joy to watch.

Will be dearly missed running around in the Liverpool red.

Always gave it his absolute best despite all the adversity and for that I wish him all the best.

Garra Charrua Luis!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #116: Aug 06, 2014 02:55:50 pm
      So far its been hard to tell which will be our strongest 11 and until we can field that team we can't really say just how much we will miss him.
      I bet every commentator is just waiting to say how much we have missed him as soon as a result doesn't go our way.Still time to pull in a class act up front and a left back.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #117: Aug 06, 2014 03:06:19 pm
      So far its been hard to tell which will be our strongest 11 and until we can field that team we can't really say just how much we will miss him.
      I bet every commentator is just waiting to say how much we have missed him as soon as a result doesn't go our way.Still time to pull in a class act up front and a left back.

Even if we surpassed last seasons goal tally, won the league, the CL and both cups, commentators and certain newspapers would still try to spin it that we missed him and are not the same without him.
      The agenda for next season is writ clear, and might as well be in huge neon signs spread across the country.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #118: Aug 06, 2014 03:12:41 pm
      I'll miss Luis in the sense that he was a F***ing brilliant footballer. One of the best I've ever seen! Suarez could do stuff on the pitch you couldn't even dream of or do in a video game. He's a world class player.

But probably the biggest thing I'll miss is the confidence of no matter what the score is, we were always within shot as long as Suarez was on the pitch.

I won't miss the antics/suspensions/biting/Evra thing though. Genius, but with a troubling touch of madness.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #119: Aug 06, 2014 03:51:01 pm
      Up to owners and the manager us not to so desperately miss him, along with right planning could move on like every big club which takes precedence over any individual.

Miss him? Quite, but not in the least as much as he is gonna miss LFC.

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2014 06:19:38 pm by nikos »
      RedKennedys
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #120: Aug 06, 2014 08:24:02 pm
      I'll miss Luis in the sense that he was a f**king brilliant footballer. One of the best I've ever seen! Suarez could do stuff on the pitch you couldn't even dream of or do in a video game. He's a world class player.

But probably the biggest thing I'll miss is the confidence of no matter what the score is, we were always within shot as long as Suarez was on the pitch.

I won't miss the antics/suspensions/biting/Evra thing though. Genius, but with a troubling touch of madness.

Absolutely
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #121: Aug 06, 2014 08:31:14 pm
      Suarez could do stuff on the pitch you couldn't even dream of or do in a video game.

Is right....keep on trying to bite players on Fifa but it just wont have it  :f_tongueincheek:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #122: Aug 06, 2014 09:07:55 pm
      Congratulations to the OP for reminding us all about Luis Suarez.

:depressed:
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #123: Aug 06, 2014 10:03:53 pm
      Is right....keep on trying to bite players on Fifa but it just wont have it  :f_tongueincheek:
      You could be on to a winner there mate , FIFA Zombie footie .
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1462 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #124: Aug 06, 2014 10:22:26 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #125: Aug 06, 2014 10:49:47 pm
      Congratulations to the OP for reminding us all about Luis Suarez.

:depressed:

Sorry mate. :D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #126: Aug 07, 2014 08:02:24 am
      He made our starting 11 20-30% better than it was. Sort out the backline to 10% better, sterling & coutinho to contribute 5% more this season each and between a new striker, lallana and Emre we have filled the extra 10% and more hopefully...

If only it was that easy!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #127: Aug 07, 2014 09:02:33 am
      He was a horrible little sh*t and I F***ing loved him.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #128: Aug 07, 2014 09:26:02 am
      We won't be the same team without him
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #129: Aug 07, 2014 09:35:44 am
      Not gonna miss him at all this season - it was a hell of a ride while it lasted and I will watch him play in Spain but we go again!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #130: Aug 07, 2014 09:45:28 am
      Of course we'll miss him, anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves, it's just a question of who we sign.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #131: Aug 07, 2014 10:06:21 am
      Of course we'll miss him, anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves, it's just a question of who we sign.

:roll: Sure we'll definately miss him, such talents, dynamic etc.

But we also need to move on,  :kop5cf8koxp6:   we are The Liverpool FC,  :aaliverpoolwz0:

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #132: Aug 07, 2014 10:44:22 am
      He was a horrible little sh*t and I F***ing loved him.

Best comment of the thread  :laugh:
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #133: Aug 07, 2014 10:52:04 am
      Anyone questioned himself why Suarez wanted to move at the first place ? For the past 6 years we sold our top players : maxi , alonso , Torres , meirless  , and now Suarez .
      Isn't a massive part of being a big club is not to let your main star go , just cause someone want to leave we shouldn't let him leave , I still think £75m for a player like Suarez is a steal .
      In my opinion he's worth £90m .

And back to the question of course  we gonna miss him , I'm missing him already just when I see our team attacking and no one there to make a run make think about Suarez , I will never get over the fact that Suarez left us , I wasn't that upset when Torres left cause I knew Suarez will replace him , people will soon realise that the loss of a player like Suarez isn't easy as it seems , I can't stand the day when he will be facing us .
      Messi , neymar , Suarez what a dream team barca fans are lucky to be honest and well spoiled .
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #134: Aug 07, 2014 12:21:03 pm
      Anyone questioned himself why Suarez wanted to move at the first place ? For the past 6 years we sold our top players : maxi , alonso , Torres , meirless  , and now Suarez .
      Isn't a massive part of being a big club is not to let your main star go , just cause someone want to leave we shouldn't let him leave , I still think £75m for a player like Suarez is a steal .
      In my opinion he's worth £90m .

And back to the question of course  we gonna miss him , I'm missing him already just when I see our team attacking and no one there to make a run make think about Suarez , I will never get over the fact that Suarez left us , I wasn't that upset when Torres left cause I knew Suarez will replace him , people will soon realise that the loss of a player like Suarez isn't easy as it seems , I can't stand the day when he will be facing us .
      Messi , neymar , Suarez what a dream team barca fans are lucky to be honest and well spoiled .
      To be precise suarez will regret it there as he is not going to be the main man there.He will not get the same reception that liverpool fans gave him here.It will give the chance for other players to step up there performance level and take bigger responsibility.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #135: Aug 07, 2014 01:59:23 pm
      To be precise suarez will regret it there as he is not going to be the main man there.He will not get the same reception that liverpool fans gave him here.It will give the chance for other players to step up there performance level and take bigger responsibility.

I am not sure he will regret it as much as people make out, he knows Messi is the main man there. He will be a big part of the team and if they go on to win trophies unlike Torres it'll be due to his influence as much as anyone's.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #136: Aug 07, 2014 04:32:22 pm
      I think Beerbelly is a good poster. I think like many he made a bad start on here but he has shown he can make good posts and make good arguments given the chance.

Seems a bit of a random remark now other posts have disappeared :D

Back on topic

I will miss Luis both as a match winner and for the incredible moments when he left me gasping at his skill and ability to do the unexpected so brilliantly. Wonderful player who was a real pleasure to watch and who just never stopped trying.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #137: Aug 07, 2014 09:25:10 pm
      Introduced them?
      Mentioned them in passing is more like it, which you then leaped on in your usual cherrypicking way.

I see you still have a bug up your arse about being called disingenuous, and I hold to that because of the way you cherrypick little parts of posts instead of having a real conversation.

You moan about beerbelly stalking you, but in your own way, you're just as bad, if not worse.

Next thing you know he'll be threatening someone and asking them for a fight whilst telling someone else how he'll piss on them from his box at Anfield at the match by way of PM....

Oh wait...

Quick Reply