Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

How Much Will You Miss Luis?

Read 20040 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Re: How Much Will You Miss Luis?
      Reply #46: Aug 03, 2014 11:43:09 pm
      It's purely that I will miss watching him play football week in week out.

The outrageous "Did you see him do that!" moments when you're stood or sat amazed and grinning like a F***ing idiot at the same time.

Once in a lifetime player.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #47: Aug 03, 2014 11:49:11 pm
      Don't know why its so hard to believe that some of us will actually watch our team this season without breaking down with thoughts of Suarez in our heads
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Aug 03, 2014 11:53:22 pm
      I'm over it already. Good luck to him. I see the reason why he left, and I'm glad we benefitted from his brilliance on his journey to where he wanted to be all along.

We have our own potential future Suarez' and Messi's at the club to support now.

I do hope we meet in the Champions League though. It'd be great to tear Barca a new one at Anfield. Let Suarez live the European nights he spoke so highly about with a lovely thrashing.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #50: Aug 04, 2014 12:06:00 am
      The outrageous "Did you see him do that!" moments when you're stood or sat amazed and grinning like a f**king idiot at the same time.

Once in a lifetime player.
      One such moment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6UP5n14O61o
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #51: Aug 04, 2014 12:16:20 am
      Suarez made us forget Torres.

There will be another amongst our ranks who will make us forget Suarez.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #52: Aug 04, 2014 12:24:10 am
      Suarez made us forget Torres.

There will be another amongst our ranks who will make us forget Suarez.

Ahem.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #53: Aug 04, 2014 12:25:11 am

FFS.

vborini has a nice ring to it. Thinking of changing it any time soon?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #54: Aug 04, 2014 12:27:11 am
      And after Sterling inevitably leaves... vibe.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #55: Aug 04, 2014 12:28:38 am
      FFS.

vborini has a nice ring to it. Thinking of changing it any time soon?

No because our next player will be Sterling not Borini, if I picked Borini he'd of become the best player and then Sterling would of suffered, how selfish of me that would have been.

My name is a curse but it brings the best out of the players too dur and for the 100th time its all part of my plan, 3rd time lucky, Raheem will surpass Torres and Suarez, THEN he will stay. Trust me.

EDIT - If the forum really is against my name we could have a poll for a new one maybe aha, v"insert player name here"
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #56: Aug 04, 2014 12:31:38 am
      No because our next player will be Sterling not Borini, if I picked Borini he'd of become the best player and then Sterling would of suffered, how selfish of me that would have been.

My name is a curse but it brings the best out of the players too dur and for the 100th time its all part of my plan, 3rd time lucky, Raheem will surpass Torres and Suarez, THEN he will stay. Trust me.

I got Sterling on this years kit so if he does leave I'm equally responsible.

Got Kenny on one, then he got sacked. Got Carroll on another and he got sold. Got Lucas on another and he got that knee injury.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Aug 04, 2014 12:54:08 am
      And after Sterling inevitably leaves... vibe.

No chance. If that happens you'll be banned.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #58: Aug 04, 2014 07:09:13 am
      haha why would you think during a match "boy if we still had suarez he would've scored that one". where does that thinking end? no point thinking about the past.

gee if only arbeloa was here he would have stopped that
      damn if only hyypia was still here he would've cleared that

etc etc etc

you have problems in your life that go deeper than just football if you can't let go of the past of our club and look forward to the present.

i have great memories of a ridiculous season from a striker playing in my team. that's pretty much it. we played some of the most breathtaking football in the world for most of an entire campaign, suarez was a big part of that, but still only one part of many that come together.

he helped us set a huge benchmark in this rodgers era. the gafer finished runner up in his third season! or was it his second? we should be thankful he helped us see how hard we have to fight to maintain the highest standard.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #59: Aug 04, 2014 10:26:27 am
      Will miss Suarez a lot, it's not every season you have a player of such quality at the club, he was arguably the best player in the world over the last year and gave so much to the team. His sheer brilliance was a joy to watch and I will miss him probably more than any other player to have left the club over the last however long (minus Sami), but somebody else will take Suarez' place, it always happens. Someone will have just as much or even more of an impact than what Suarez did.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #60: Aug 04, 2014 10:55:28 am
      Which brings me on to my main point which is how much you will miss 'him' playing in a red shirt.

I think we'll struggle to finish in the Top four this season as a result of loosing him and not replacing him because competition this year will be far more stiff than it was last year. I think we'll miss him not just because of his goals but because of his off the ball movement, his ability to tie defenders in knots and as a result of that, the fear he instilled in them. Just having him on the pitch gave us an immediate psychological advantage and freed up space for Danny and Raheem to score because defenders would naturally gravitate towards Suarez forgetting about those two to some degree. He was seen as the danger man in our side. Looking at the team now, who can we say is really going to pose the problem to opposing defenders of "just how do we stop him?". I also just don't see Sturridge going through an entire season without injury. He's a very good player but where Luis was made of Iron, Sturridge is more a delicate flower by comparison. You then have to ask yourself if you see Lambert and/or Borini leading the attack? Or do you move Sterling in as a number 9? Lambert is a support striker, not the main man, Sterling is more a winger who can score goals and Borini is...well he's Borini. It's not so much a question of whether we'll miss Luis as it is will we rue our failure to replace him with a top, top quality forward?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #61: Aug 04, 2014 10:59:48 am
      I think we'll struggle to finish in the Top four this season as a result of loosing him and not replacing him because competition this year will be far more stiff than it was last year.

I'm not so sure we will. It will obviously have a big impact from last season but if we managed to sort our defensive problems then we could still be just as strong. We were so attacking minded last season that it played to his strengths. Chelsea only finished a few points behind us but scored quite a few less goals but they were solid at the back. If we can get the right balance between attack and defence or at least a confident defence able to actually defend then I think we will have just as much chance as we did last season when we had Suarez.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #62: Aug 04, 2014 12:50:16 pm
      I'm not so sure we will. It will obviously have a big impact from last season but if we managed to sort our defensive problems then we could still be just as strong. We were so attacking minded last season that it played to his strengths. Chelsea only finished a few points behind us but scored quite a few less goals but they were solid at the back. If we can get the right balance between attack and defence or at least a confident defence able to actually defend then I think we will have just as much chance as we did last season when we had Suarez.

Chelsea finished two points behind us in Third. Not above us, behind us. Defence without Offence will not win you the league. They recognise this and have brought in Costa and Fabregas, high quality players with high goals to games ratio and assist stats. Arsenal brought in Sanchez, a player we wanted and recognise as top quality. Both teams already had solid defences and have now strengthened their offensive capabilities. City held on to both Toure and Aguero. So out of the top four last year, two teams have strengthened their weak areas from last year and one team has kept hold of its key players. Liverpool have sold their key player and used the money to strengthen its key weakness from last year at the expense of its key strength. Given that we're looking at finishing 4th as being a successful season. Will I accept finishing 4th? Of course, but it doesn't build upon last season because we have failed to address the underlying issue that is the replacement of Suarez and before any bright spark says "well you can't replace him unless we sign Ronaldo or Messi", there are players available on the tier below but we have settled for players significantly lower in the rankings of "world's best strikers" and putting our hopes in a player that is yet to finish a season without injury.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #63: Aug 04, 2014 01:08:37 pm
      Hang on, you're saying Arsenal had a solid defense after they got a couple of the biggest drubbings of the season and ended up with 68 goals for and 41 against, only 9 behind us, who apparently have a sh*t defense?

Nah, sounds like a load of bollocks to me.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #64: Aug 04, 2014 01:45:28 pm
      Hang on, you're saying Arsenal had a solid defense after they got a couple of the biggest drubbings of the season and ended up with 68 goals for and 41 against, only 9 behind us, who apparently have a sh*t defense?

Nah, sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

So, in effect,  what you're saying Swab; is that when you take away the outliers, (or two "drubbings" [11 goals], if you prefer), Arsenal only conceded 30 goals in 36 games. Sounds like a solid defence to me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #65: Aug 04, 2014 01:57:15 pm
      So, in effect,  what you're saying Swab; is that when you take away the outliers, (or two "drubbings" [11 goals], if you prefer), Arsenal only conceded 30 goals in 36 games. Sounds like a solid defence to me.

Found wanting or going missing when it really mattered, so more like the Not So Solid Crew!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #66: Aug 04, 2014 02:14:01 pm
      Found wanting or going missing when it really mattered, so more like the Not So Solid Crew!!
      That seems a bit harsh on our lads that H_R and who knows where we would have finished if we conceded 9 less goals (like Arsenal)  but as Brendan said...

"That wasn’t what cost us the league. It was more games when we won. When we won 5-3 at Stoke when we conceded, when we won 6-3 at Cardiff, when we won 4-3 at home against Swansea, another three conceded." [9 in total]

So maybe you are right to be harsh.  8)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #67: Aug 04, 2014 02:17:44 pm
      That seems a bit harsh on our lads that H_R and who knows where we would have finished if we conceded 9 less goals (like Arsenal)  but as Brendan said...

"That wasn’t what cost us the league. It was more games when we won. When we won 5-3 at Stoke when we conceded, when we won 6-3 at Cardiff, when we won 4-3 at home against Swansea, another three conceded." [9 in total]

So maybe you are right to be harsh.  8)

Already said that in the summer to one c**t banging on about our Born Slippy captain!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #68: Aug 04, 2014 02:38:10 pm
      Chelsea only finished a few points behind us

Chelsea finished two points behind us in Third. Not above us, behind us.

Where did I say any different? Maybe read my post properly before trying to correct me.

Quick Reply