Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Radamel Falcao (Monaco)

Read 34603 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Radamel Falcao (Monaco)
      Reply #276: Aug 19, 2014 08:29:42 pm

Think worse would have been signing Moses again.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #277: Aug 19, 2014 08:42:13 pm
      It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we end up with Eto'o, or worse, no one.

Yeah, will be Eto'o or nothing. Can smell it a mile off.

There's more chance of signing Eto then Falcao, in my opinion.

More chance of us creating a time machine so we can make Eto'o younger then signing falcao.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #278: Aug 19, 2014 09:13:11 pm

Nope, but that is what I saw on TT, earlier. None of the sources were reliable, though.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #279: Aug 19, 2014 09:17:57 pm
      So no news then ?
       So why can't Ribapuru start another argument with someone, about anything not connected to Falcao, just to while away the hours....    ;D ;D ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #280: Aug 19, 2014 10:25:21 pm
      Yeah, will be Eto'o or nothing. Can smell it a mile off.

I think so too mate.

I'm not as against us signing Eto'o as some but as the only striker signed after Luis leaving I don't  think it would be enough.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #281: Aug 20, 2014 05:41:13 am
      falcao or cavani? god we're suckers... why do we fall for this every year
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #282: Aug 20, 2014 06:13:37 am

These guys?  I thought we were going to sign neymar ... darn!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #283: Aug 20, 2014 08:04:50 am
      Rumours that Juventus are on the sniff for him whilst PSG are in for Di Maria. Looks like Real, who he seems to waiting on, will be getting rid of that none EU player to open it up for him going there but even if that falls through we have stiff competition in Juventus.

Just can't see this happening. Hope I am wrong but I just cannot see it.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #284: Aug 20, 2014 08:27:04 am
      Rumours that Juventus are on the sniff for him whilst PSG are in for Di Maria. Looks like Real, who he seems to waiting on, will be getting rid of that none EU player to open it up for him going there but even if that falls through we have stiff competition in Juventus.

Just can't see this happening. Hope I am wrong but I just cannot see it.

Not fussed about Juve - they are broke so wont be able to pay his wages and they are in for everyone!

For me its about ambition - and a 1 year loan would not, IMO, demonstrate that... We need to stop being a bloody feeder club for Barca and Real..!
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #285: Aug 20, 2014 08:30:03 am
      Getting a "lot" pissed off with this one, apparently both us and Juv have agreed terms with the club and the player. According to Gullem Ballbag Reals president has promised Falcao that if they get shut of Di Maria they will bid for him. So if anything is going to happen it will be very close to deadline day.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #286: Aug 20, 2014 11:51:58 am
      Getting a "lot" pissed off with this one, apparently both us and Juv have agreed terms with the club and the player. According to Gullem Ballbag Reals president has promised Falcao that if they get shut of Di Maria they will bid for him. So if anything is going to happen it will be very close to deadline day.

Has all the hallmarks of a bidding war this one, ah well it was a distraction while it lasted.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #287: Aug 20, 2014 11:54:12 am

I'm just waiting for United to sign Di Maria, for Madrid to sign Falcao. Watch the meltdown then.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #288: Aug 20, 2014 12:08:19 pm
      We need to stop being a bloody feeder club for Barca and Real

pretty much everyone (bar munich) is a feeder club for those two tbh. it's not that bad.

can't see falcao coming to us but damn we need someone like him...especially after sunday's performance.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #289: Aug 20, 2014 12:12:53 pm
      pretty much everyone (bar munich) is a feeder club for those two tbh. it's not that bad.

can't see falcao coming to us but damn we need someone like him...especially after sunday's performance.

Don't think the performance Sunday was down to our forwards mate they did both score after all.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #290: Aug 20, 2014 12:34:15 pm

This isn't idle gossip mate, we're actively perusing these players. Actively perusing and signing though are too different things. As for our being a feeder club to Real and Barca, that will only happen when English players are as talented as South Americans which isn't going to happen any time soon and even when it does, can you imagine the inflation attached? I mean if Downing was worth £20 million because he was English, imagine how much Falco would be worth if he was English too?  :o
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #291: Aug 20, 2014 03:49:42 pm
      This isn't idle gossip mate, we're actively perusing these players. Actively perusing and signing though are too different things.

So were just looking at them, but not persuing them?

Is that what you meant persuing rather than perusing!!

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #292: Aug 20, 2014 04:37:56 pm
      Before Suarez's departure:

1.              Gerrard
                Hendo      Coutinho
        Sturridge   Suarez   Sterling

Most recent game:

2.               Gerrard
                Hendo      Lucas
        Sterling   Sturridge   Coutinho

Our strongest when all fit:

3.              Gerrard
                Hendo      Coutinho
        Sterling   Sturridge   Lallana

Back up options to no.1: Allen, Lucas, Moses, Ibe, Aspas

Back up options to no.3: Lucas, Can, Allen, Suso, Markovich, Ibe, Lambert, Borini

Even with the lack of depth, I'd still opt for the first option. There is no doubt at present we have much better quality in depth than we did before Suarez left for Barcelona. However, there is no doubt that our strongest starting XI from midfield - attack was stronger when Suarez was here. I'm not expecting us to improve on that, but we should at least be trying to match that. I know, you know, and Rodgers knows that we need one more top top player in at the club. I hope it's Falcao, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If it's Cavani or Reus I'll still be absolutely delighted. I think they'd both fit in perfectly. If it's Balotelli I would be undecided, but I'd rather him than no one. If it's Eto'o or Bony I'd feel totally underwhelmed. I've got a feeling whoever it is, it will only happen in the concluding hours of this transfer window.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #293: Aug 20, 2014 06:04:50 pm
      If we DIDN'T get an established ie experienced top class player, there would be one absolutely staggering statistic.

It would mean that our 1st eleven had only ONE top class, very experienced player. And infact that player is several years past his best to be fair ie Gerrard.

Agger isn't liked by Rodgers, and lets be honest, he wants him gone. Luis and Pepe are gone. And players like Alonso, Carra and Mascherano are so long gone, they're considered ancient history.

Skrtel isn't even guaranteed a start. And Johnson could very conceivably be sold. Lambert isn't anywhere near considering as top class. Lallana wasn't even heard about 18months ago. Now L and L CAN do a job, the latter maybe quite a good job. But the statistic remains.

As young players, I actually quite like Caan, Origi, Manquillo, Moreno and Markovic.
      Some could do a pretty fair job, pretty quickly.

But lets be honest.Fenway are OBSESSED with buying players to sell and not buying ANY established top players.
      (LOvren being the only exception)
      1stly thats bad for a team.

2nd its b ad for the standing of the club. It reinforces our new status as a selling club, or rather company that exisits solely to profit... off the fans.

Some people won't accept anything I say (cough American fenwayphiles...) but the Fenway policy is also the diametric OPPOSITE
      of how ALL the big clubs operate. In particular, its the opposite of how MOurinho wins stuff. It would also have precluded us from signing such wonderful players as Kenny Dalglish.

Look at how few  games  (and goals!)players like  Markovich, Origi  and all the new comers have actually had.

I'm not saying we can't do "Ok" eg top 4.

However, if we didnt get a lynch pin to replace Luis ie someone established, that would be showing quite a big disinterest in actually trying to win things. The fact is that ALL teams have a number of senior pros. Whereas we have HARDLY ANY AT ALL!

ANd if it comes to the end of the window and Henry does an "open letter to the fans" and "soory but oops we had a really big name lined up and it feel thro at the last minute, never mind eh!" then it would be absolutely clear he was pisstaking us all again.

Experience is important. Goals are important. They're as fundamental as 11 players on the pitch.
      Imagine if Gerrard was injured for a length of time. We might have Lovren as a really experienced pro and that would be all!
      (And even he isn't THAT experienced!)
      Sturridge is a very good player too, but he's not massively experienced, even tho he's one of the most experienced players in the team.

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2014 06:20:05 pm by AmericanPlant »
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #294: Aug 20, 2014 06:12:50 pm
      Re Falcao or whoever as the Luis replacement.

Two other bullshit mantras really piss me off
      1)"Sturridge needs to step up to the plate" this yr.
      Well 1stly he wont be "stepping up to the plate" because he doesnt play baseball.
      2ndly he did terrifically last yr, and cant be expected to do much more. Infact, he may actually find it a bit harder!
      Managers watch videos, players learn your weaknesses, the old "u get your first year for free in the Premiership" saying.
      We lose 31 goals with Luis. Sturridge isnt gonna add those 31 goals to his own 20 something haul. Nor is he gonna add many assists. Infact the loss of Luis may well make it harder for him to match his own tally of last season.

Sterling, Markov, Coutinho are all kids and (as u can expect!) havent been massively prolific in previous years. Again
      Henderson too is not a top goalscorer, never has. Gerrards prolific yrs are a long way gone.
      Bottom line is we need a top scorer AND top creator, most prferably IN ONE PLAYER!

2)The other monumental bullshit mantra:-
      "we've always replaced stars in the past, its nothing to worry about".
      Yeah we replaced Keegan by stumping up big money - on Kenny, Souness AND others.
      We didnt immediately replace our other stars.
      Just look at the utter dogshit we had to watch thro the years. Names like Paul Stewart, Karl Heinz Riedle, Baros and Cisse and Carroll, amongst MANY MORE. All of these were bought to fill the role of some lynchpin or other.

And if anyone disputes we have spent some time in the wilderness, can they remind me of the time we last won the League?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #295: Aug 20, 2014 06:19:06 pm
      Re Falcao or whoever as the Luis replacement.

Two other bullshit mantras really piss me off
      1)"Sturridge needs to step up to the plate" this yr.
      Well 1stly he wont be "stepping up to the plate" because he doesnt play baseball.
      2ndly he did terrifically last yr, and cant be expected to do much more. Infact, he may actually find it a bit harder!
      Managers watch videos, players learn your weaknesses, the old "u get your first year for free in the Premiership" saying.
      We lose 31 goals with Luis. Sturridge isnt gonna add those 31 goals to his own 20 something haul. Nor is he gonna add many assists. Infact the loss of Luis may well make it harder for him to match his own tally of last season.

Sterling, Markov, Coutinho are all kids and (as u can expect!) havent been massively prolific in previous years. Again
      Henderson too is not a top goalscorer, never has. Gerrards prolific yrs are a long way gone.
      Bottom line is we need a top scorer AND top creator, most prferably IN ONE PLAYER!

2)The other monumental bullshit mantra:-
      "we've always replaced stars in the past, its nothing to worry about".
      Yeah we replaced Keegan by stumping up big money - on Kenny, Souness AND others.
      We didnt immediately replace our other stars.
      Just look at the utter dogshit we had to watch thro the years. Names like Pail Stewart, Karl Heinz Reidle, Baros and Cisse and Carroll, amongst MANY MORE. All of these were bought to fill the role of some lynchpin or other.

And if anyone disputes we have spent some time in the wilderness, can they remind me of the time we last won the League?

Wow, doom and F***ing gloom with you isn't it. Where's the positively, where's the faith?

lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #296: Aug 20, 2014 06:24:29 pm
      Wow, doom and F***ing gloom with you isn't it. Where's the positively, where's the faith?

I agree. Glen Johnson is fit and ready for first team action. Be positive!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #297: Aug 20, 2014 06:24:53 pm
      Simples.
      20mil - Falcao for a year or Mario forever?  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #298: Aug 20, 2014 06:31:13 pm
      I agree. Glen Johnson is fit and ready for first team action. Be positive!

Good old Glen can clinch us the title. Could be the difference

Quick Reply