Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Robin Williams.Dead.

Read 6180 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Robin Williams.Dead.
      Aug 12, 2014 03:11:34 am
      Just shocking.  Robin Williams died tonight.

Sad, just sad. Apparent suicide by hanging.

Thoughts and respect to his family. 
      I hope you find the happiness in dèath you couldnt in life. You will be missed.

R.I.P ROBIN.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Robin Williams.Dead.
      Reply #1: Aug 12, 2014 03:40:49 am
      Robin Williams: Actor found dead in northern California home aged 63

Actor-comedian Robin Williams has been found dead at his home in northern California.

In a statement, Marin County Sheriff's Department said officers had been called to the 63-year-old's house at 11:55am on Monday (local time) after he was found unconscious and not breathing.

He was pronounced dead shortly afterwards. The Sheriff's Department said an investigation into his death was underway, but that it appeared to be suicide.

The Oscar-winning actor was known for roles in acclaimed films such as Good Morning, Vietnam (1987), Dead Poets Society (1989), Good Will Hunting (1997), Mrs Doubtfire (1993) and Jumanji (1995).

Williams' widow, Susan Schneider, released a statement, saying: "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings.

"I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief.

"As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."

Williams struggled with depression and addiction and entered a Minnesota rehabilitation centre last month.

His representatives at the time said Williams was not using drugs or alcohol but had gone to the centre to "fine-tune and focus" his sobriety after working a longer-than-usual schedule.

"Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late," publicist Mara Buxbaum said in a statement shortly after his death.

"This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

Born in Chicago in 1951, Williams rose to fame with his role as the alien Mork in the TV series Mork and Mindy.

He went on to establish a career in both stand-up comedy and film action, and also did voice work, including on Aladdin and Happy Feet.

Williams is scheduled to appear in Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb on December 19, 2014, reprising his role as the statue of Teddy Roosevelt who comes to life at night.

Nominated for three Academy Awards, he won the best supporting actor Oscar for his performance in Good Will Hunting.

He also received two Emmy Awards, four Golden Globes, two Screen Actors Guild awards and five Grammys.

The actor had described himself as a quiet child who overcame his shyness after becoming involved in drama during high school.

In 1973, Williams became one of only two students accepted into the advanced program at the Julliard School - the other being Christopher Reeve.

After his work on Mork and Mindy in the late 1970s, Williams attracted a wider audience with his stand-up comedy, a consistent thread throughout his career.

Known for his improvisational skills and impersonations, most of his career focused on the silver screen.

His first film was the 1977 comedy Can I Do It 'Till I Need Glasses? His performance in Good Morning, Vietnam earned him an Academy Award nomination.

His unique voice brought the genie to life in Aladdin (1992), with Williams going on to voice parts in Fern Gully (1992), Robots (2005) and Happy Feet (2006).

He earned critical acclaim for his roles as an English teacher in Dead Poets Society, and later as a psychologist in Good Will Hunting, alongside Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.

His other films include Hook, What Dreams May Come, and thrillers Insomnia and One Hour Photo.

Williams was married three times, and has three children. He lived with his third wife in San Francisco until his death.

Legendary director Steven Spielberg paid tribute to his close friend.

"Robin was a lightning storm of comic genius and our laughter was the thunder that sustained him," Spielberg said in a statement cited by Variety.

"He was a pal and I can't believe he's gone," added Spielberg, who famously phoned Williams to cheer himself up during filming of his harrowing 1994 Holocaust drama Schindler's List.

Spielberg's tribute was echoed throughout the entertainment industry.

"I can't believe the news about Robin Williams. He gave so much to so many people. I'm heartbroken," comic and talkshow host Ellen DeGeneres said on Twitter.

Obama pays tribute to 'one of a kind'

President Barack Obama joined the outpouring of grief.

"Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind," Mr Obama said.

"He arrived in our lives as an alien but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit.

"He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most - from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalised on our own streets.

"The Obama family offers our condolences to Robin's family, his friends, and everyone who found their voice and their verse thanks to Robin Williams."

Williams struggled with drug addiction during the late 1970s and early '80s. He credited the death of his friend, fellow actor John Belushi, and the birth of his first son with helping him quit drugs.

"Was it a wake-up call? Oh yeah, on a huge level. The grand jury helped too," he told Inside the Actors Studio in 2001.

In 2006 his publicist announced the actor had "found himself drinking again" and checked into a rehab centre.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-12/robin-williams-dead/5664414

Truly shocking... my thoughts are with his family...

RIP Robin
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #2: Aug 12, 2014 04:32:21 am
      Shocking news!

What a talent.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3: Aug 12, 2014 07:48:13 am
      :( RIP
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Aug 12, 2014 09:34:29 am
      Devastated.

RIP Genie
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Aug 12, 2014 09:43:51 am
      RIP, remember watching Mork and Mindy as a kid and he was fantastic as the genie.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6: Aug 12, 2014 11:49:37 am
      Don't think I've ever known such an outpouring of grief for a star like Robin Williams. Horrible news to have gone to bed with last night. The most unique, brilliant, hilarious and talented man in the business. When growing up provided my childhood with so much laughter and affection and still does.
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2014 03:20:49 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7: Aug 12, 2014 12:01:57 pm
      RIP.

:(
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #8: Aug 12, 2014 12:25:33 pm
      My mother called me later on....told me my father was so upset he actually cried and went to bed. He was heartbroken.  He was my dads favorite actor / comedian. I bought my parents 2 tix for his stand up show at the Fox Theater in Atlanta for Christmas about 7-8 years ago. They said he did a 3 hour set and killed it. 3 HOUR SET!!!! No Intermission.  Thats the mark of genius in comedy.

What a waste. Just sad!!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #9: Aug 12, 2014 12:55:04 pm
      "I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor.

Says he's depressed.
      Says life is harsh and cruel.
      Says he feels all alone in a threatening world.

Doctor says, "Treatment is simple.  The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight.  Go see him.  That should pick you up."

Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci."

Good joke.  Everybody laugh.  Roll on snare drum.  Curtains."

- Watchmen

Think it's quite apt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10: Aug 12, 2014 12:56:10 pm
      another loss that comes far to soon. A genius of a man but sadly a flawed one too. RIP mate.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11: Aug 12, 2014 12:57:52 pm
      Sadly the disease that is depression seems to have taken it's toll yet again - the smile hides the pain. Sad news.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: Aug 12, 2014 01:27:41 pm
      Very sad news. 

Depression is so tough for some to comprehend especially when it happens to someone who appears to "have it all".

Our entertainment world has just lost one of its stars, my daughter will be heartbroken as his films were a massive part of her growing up and she still watches most of them with her own daughter.

RIP Robin.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #13: Aug 12, 2014 02:27:31 pm
      RIP Robin

Very funny comedian and brilliant actor too.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14: Aug 12, 2014 02:34:22 pm
      Very sad news, a brilliant actor and comedian, why is it the very best comedians are all afflicted by this terrible curse of manic depression.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15: Aug 12, 2014 03:02:26 pm
      I'm afraid we still understand too little about depression and our reactions to it are not strong enough. It's a truly awful disease that not many can cope with.
      May he rest in peace - wonderful talent, starred my favorite film when I was growing up: that was Hook, from 1991.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Aug 12, 2014 09:02:26 pm
      Bit ironic (if that's the right word to use), he was on Family Guy last night and I was wondering whether he's doing any more films or not and then wake up to this news.

Seemed like a genuinely nice bloke and never let his fame let him get carried away. Sad news. Just goes to show money can't buy you happiness.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6635 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Aug 12, 2014 10:30:45 pm
      RIP Robin

Loved your work ever since the Mork and Mindy days.

Nanoo Nanoo

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #18: Aug 12, 2014 10:35:17 pm
      So very sad, RIP Robin Williams.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #19: Aug 13, 2014 12:42:35 am
      Not to sound morbid but, anyone else wondering if Robin had a beard when he died?

If you know anything about Robin Williams you would know why I ask...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Aug 13, 2014 01:31:37 am
      Still gutted. Still up watching his performances, when I should be sleeping.
      All my heroes are dying.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Aug 13, 2014 04:23:45 am
      Awful news. Was in class and I went on Facebook and saw the news pop up. The whole class stopped because of it. He was loved by every generation.

Terrific actor, terrific comedian.

RIP.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #22: Aug 13, 2014 12:37:58 pm
      Cocaine on tap is a lethal occupational accessory.
      Once again RIP Robin.

Quick Reply