Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 178117 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1035: Aug 16, 2016 05:53:52 pm
      but it's not "Clutching at Straws"
      No indeed it's not but as that is totally different to what I described as "clutching at straws"; it's wholly irrelevant.

To be clear... blaming Clyne (like you jokingly suggested) is one of two F***ing things which would be clutching at straws. THAT'S what I inferred and NOT that your analysis was flawed.  ;).

The other... is suggesting that Jürgen actively encourages teams to attack our left hand side. To accept that you would have to accept that Jürgen encourages his back line not to cover Moreno.  :laugh:

Something you, in your tactical awareness masterclass, highlighted as being wrong btw.

So although you dismiss the trap theory has no bearing on our debate - it clearly has.

It's not me you need to explain tactics too - not then, not now and not ever.  ;)

« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2016 06:09:19 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1036: Aug 16, 2016 08:04:39 pm
      If it's "the others" not covering Moreno properly, is that deliberate and part of the "trap theory", or is it just that we haven't sussed it out yet? If it's the latter, what happens to the "trap theory", because surely once we get things together a bit better the cheese in our trap will become less enticing won't it? Is Moreno's dodgy haircut and tendency to lunge into tackles neck high part of the cunning plan, or is his buffoonery just an inevitable bi-product?

Quick questions (to which I don't know the answer).

1. If as seems likely Milner replaces Moreno, can we expect the methodical one hundred per center to die his hair orange and get it cut in a mohican? Perhaps to go wandering off willy nilly on occasions so our unsuspecting opposition are still drawn onto our favoured left side like moths to a flame?

2. Why don't we use the "trap theory" on the right hand side instead? If it were me, I'd rather they attacked Clyne than Moreno, because he's a better defender isn't he? (assuming Moreno isn't just "putting it on" for effect).

3. If our opposition read any forums is there a danger our cunning plan will be rumbled?

It's got me thinking alright.

« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2016 08:19:43 pm by bigmick »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1037: Aug 16, 2016 09:41:18 pm
      If Klopp favors Moreno so much like we've been told, why is he going to replace him with a recently hobbled Milner?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1038: Aug 16, 2016 11:17:50 pm
      If Klopp favors Moreno so much like we've been told, why is he going to replace him with a recently hobbled Milner?

Because he was unable to replace him with Ben Chillwell :D
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #1039: Aug 17, 2016 08:44:05 pm
      We all know Moreno has his faults big ones at that, I still think there is a player there and no better coach then Klopp to get it out of him. With Milner fit again he will take his place and will take to that position very well in my opinion.
      I have said it before that Klopp keeps picking him so we should lay off Moreno a bit. I'm sure he is working hard to eradicate his shortcomings.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1040: Aug 17, 2016 09:12:23 pm
      Currently the only trap that comes to mind is a booby trap, and it's going off a bit too regular.

It's bog obvious, regardless of systems & all other things being equal, that he is rash and positionally suspect. Not saying he can't improve, or that he can't have good moments - of course he can.   But I'd say the majority of people right now would rather strong-arm a midfielder into his position rather than have him there, which is not ideal.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1041: Aug 17, 2016 10:05:30 pm
      Currently the only trap that comes to mind is a booby trap, and it's going off a bit too regular.

It's bog obvious, regardless of systems & all other things being equal, that he is rash and positionally suspect. Not saying he can't improve, or that he can't have good moments - of course he can.   But I'd say the majority of people right now would rather strong-arm a midfielder into his position rather than have him there, which is not ideal.

He can't improve, that's the problem. He's 24 and now in his third season with us and hasn't improved one iota since joining, so there's no reason to believe he'll suddenly start learning going forward. He needs to go. He was never good enough to play for us in the first place and is representative of FSG's obsession with trying to do everything on the cheap. You get what you pay for and we're very much reaping the rewards of a failed transfer policy.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #1042: Aug 18, 2016 01:39:30 am
      He can't improve, that's the problem. He's 24 and now in his third season with us and hasn't improved one iota since joining, so there's no reason to believe he'll suddenly start learning going forward. He needs to go. He was never good enough to play for us in the first place and is representative of FSG's obsession with trying to do everything on the cheap. You get what you pay for and we're very much reaping the rewards of a failed transfer policy.
      Not having a go but why blame FSG. If Jürgen wanted a replacement for Moreno in the morning I'm sure he would have the funding to get one.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1043: Aug 18, 2016 01:56:42 am
      You get what you pay for and we're very much reaping the rewards of a failed transfer policy.

Is that the same failed transfer policy that allowed us to sign all of Coutinho, Suarez, and Studge for only a pinch more than either one of Carroll or Benteke cost us ???  Aye -- you get what you pay for alright ;)

As for Moreno, he probably is the weakest link in our starting 11....

However, it's no secret that every team in the Prem is awash with money -- Klopp has even reiterated that he has money to spend if he wants/needs to.  He has already spent some money (unfortunately not enough to appease some of our fans) upgrading other positions -- GK, CB x2, CM x2, and RW -- so why no new LB? 

I have to believe that if Jürgen thought a new LB was as big of a priority as most of the fans on here, we'd have signed one by now.... 

Whether you rate Moreno or not, whether you like him or not;  whether you trust Klopp or not, our role in this adventure is to support.   

- Support the club
       - Support the manager
       - Support the players he selects

So, if Klopp continues to select Moreno, can we show the lad a little love for a change?

Probably not -- everyone loves to have a scapegoat....
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #1044: Aug 18, 2016 12:26:31 pm
      Is that the same failed transfer policy that allowed us to sign all of Coutinho, Suarez, and Studge for only a pinch more than either one of Carroll or Benteke cost us ???  Aye -- you get what you pay for alright ;)

However, it's no secret that every team in the Prem is awash with money -- Klopp has even reiterated that he has money to spend if he wants/needs to.  He has already spent some money (unfortunately not enough to appease some of our fans) upgrading other positions -- GK, CB x2, CM x2, and RW -- so why no new LB? 

I have to believe that if Jürgen thought a new LB was as big of a priority as most of the fans on here, we'd have signed one by now.... 

Whether you rate Moreno or not, whether you like him or not;  whether you trust Klopp or not, our role in this adventure is to support.   

- Support the club
       - Support the manager

So, if Klopp continues to select Moreno, can we show the lad a little love for a change?

Well said brother😉
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1045: Aug 18, 2016 12:30:35 pm
      I keep on thinking there has got to be far more to him than we are seeing just hope we see the kid settle down soon and play some good footie
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1046: Aug 18, 2016 12:32:52 pm
      I keep on thinking there has got to be far more to him than we are seeing just hope we see the kid settle down soon and play some good footie

This is his third season here mate if he isn't settled now he'll never be.
      HerZamanKIRMIZI
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #1047: Aug 18, 2016 12:55:24 pm
      It will be Klopp's biggest mistake not to replace Moreno. He'll cost us games and cups.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1048: Aug 18, 2016 01:35:49 pm

- Support the club
       - Support the manager

Any failings in the team caused by Moreno are Klopps fault if he continues to play him.

He has the money to sign a left back and has chosen (so far) not to do it. He wanted Chilwell but either he or the transfer committee didn't believe him to be worth an extra £3m (i've not really watched the lad so can't comment) so it's either Klopps fault for not signing a left back or the boards fault for not coughing up the extra money for the player Klopp wanted.

I don't understand what you mean by "showing him love" though.

You think he reads this forum? Or do you think people are shouting abuse at him from the stands? Neither of them things are happening.

He's f*cking w*nk. He's being paid mega money to be a defender and he can't defend. He's not a victim of domestic violence he's a 24 year old millionaire.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1049: Aug 18, 2016 02:23:27 pm
      As for Gary Neville, how he has the cheek to criticise anyone I don't know given the disaster his management career turned in to he shouldn't be offering his opinion on football again, proven he knows F**k all about the tactical side of things despite his efforts to sound impressive.

Quite possibly because his position as a player was as full-back and a very good one too.

Neville was right about Moreno too. Say what you like, he's our weak-link!!

if we play a right footed Milner at left back, and Coutinho left wing. I see us struggling and becoming predictable in attack.

Everything will go down the middle and right.

It'll be SO easy to defend against.

Might of only been a friendly, but Barca didn't find it that easy to defend against.

Just Saying!!

Any failings in the team caused by Moreno are Klopps fault if he continues to play him.

He has the money to sign a left back and has chosen (so far) not to do it. He wanted Chilwell but either he or the transfer committee didn't believe him to be worth an extra £3m (i've not really watched the lad so can't comment) so it's either Klopps fault for not signing a left back or the boards fault for not coughing up the extra money for the player Klopp wanted.

You think he reads this forum? Or do you think people are shouting abuse at him from the stands? Neither of them things are happening.

He's f*cking w*nk. He's being paid mega money to be a defender and he can't defend. He's not a victim of domestic violence he's a 24 year old millionaire.

Not totally true, Moreno get's loads of sh*te from the stands, obviously a lot from pissed off fans watching him make the same mistakes over and over.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1050: Aug 18, 2016 02:25:22 pm

Fair enough mate.  Carry on with the negativity.  I just thought it would be nice for the supporters to support the players rather than deride them for a change.  This applies to more than just Moreno -- he has just been the most frequent recipient of the "support" so many on here love to show....  :lmao:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1051: Aug 18, 2016 02:31:28 pm
      Fair enough mate.  Carry on with the negativity.  I just thought it would be nice for the supporters to support the players rather than deride them for a change.  This applies to more than just Moreno -- he has just been the most frequent recipient of the "support" so many on here love to show....  :lmao:

I don't think being negative about a player means you're not supporting the team though. Moreno isn't good enough, a lot of people have noticed that and their patience is starting to wear thin with him for making mistakes. Is that not allowed? Do you just slap the blinkers on and say he's a good player?

And again, I'm sure Moreno doesn't spend his evenings reading this forum, crying into his pillow. No one is in the stands shouting at him, telling him he's sh*t.

I hope he comes good and proves everyone wrong but the only thing he has been consistent at since he joined is making mistakes.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1052: Aug 18, 2016 03:03:10 pm
      Not really an endorsement of Moreno from Klopp at his presser. Talked about who else can play there, also believe he said he would have signed a LB but the "perfect fit" wasn't available.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1053: Aug 18, 2016 03:14:26 pm

- Support the club
       - Support the manager

Klopp's comments in the Echo today make it clear for me. I'm officially done talking about Moreno and am looking forward to him being a part of our first Premier League title in 25 years. As Klopp would say "That's it."
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1054: Aug 18, 2016 09:15:33 pm

Maybe for each player we should have a 'Love <insert player name here> Player Thread' so everyone else can give their honest opinions on these ones?
      We're all supporters, don't think anyone wants to be critical of players - but if people can't give their honest opinions on a forum, that forum might as well give up.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #1055: Aug 19, 2016 10:05:36 am
      Not really an endorsement of Moreno from Klopp at his presser. Talked about who else can play there, also believe he said he would have signed a LB but the "perfect fit" wasn't available.

Yes it's interesting mate.

I hope the signing of a starting LB happen before the window close.

I also agreed with some here that Moreno has some excellent attributes in him to become a top full back : pace, strength, stamina, attacking mind and he's not injury prone. But I don't think it's good to risk him repeat those mistakes during his development.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1056: Aug 19, 2016 02:59:22 pm
      Klopp's comments in the Echo today make it clear for me. I'm officially done talking about Moreno and am looking forward to him being a part of our first Premier League title in 25 years. As Klopp would say "That's it."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pass over whatever you're taking!!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1057: Aug 19, 2016 03:07:55 pm

He was quite defensive about the questioning of Moreno's performances and was only talking about others who could play there because someone specifically asked is he happy going into the season with one recongnised left back and Milner as backup, so he reeled off the other players that could play there.

Personally I think his honest opinion of Moreno is obviously not going to come out in the press conference, he will 100% back the lad and will continue to do so. It's clear he wants a left back but if you listen to him he speaks about bringing in only the right player for the squad and its development. I reckon we'll see a new left back next summer, or possibly January, but unless someone Klopp really thinks is one hundred percent the right fit for the squad, it wont happen this summer.

Quick Reply