Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 177774 times
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1104: Sep 15, 2016 10:57:13 am
      What is it with players dyeing their hair blonde?

He thinks he's Messi...

I remember when I was in junior school and Eminem had just become popular so all the older lads bleached their hair and looked like absolute bellends.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #1105: Sep 15, 2016 12:11:31 pm
      I don't care what he does with his appearance or personal life. As long as he does what Jürgen wants him to do on the pitch and do it to perfection.

Football is about performance and places no limits on a player's identity.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1106: Sep 15, 2016 12:37:15 pm
      I don't care what he does with his appearance or personal life. As long as he does what Jürgen wants him to do on the pitch and do it to perfection.

Shame he doesn't come close to doing that.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1107: Sep 15, 2016 02:37:03 pm

True...but when a player is walking his dog on a "hoverboard" and pushing a pram on a "hoverboard" and doing daft things to his head you may be forgiven in thinking "this lad is thick as F**k"

Then he proves you right on the pitch every time he plays  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1108: Sep 15, 2016 03:40:09 pm

Not wa ting to soubd too much like a dinosaur, but my view is that if he had a brain he'd have black boots on with a short back and sides.

Basically if you are having a shi**er on the pitch then stay off your hover-board, keep your hair normal and knuckle down and dont draw any unnecessary attention to yourself.

But if he had that sort of brain/mentality he wouldn't do half the sh*te he does on the pitch.

Everything he does annoys me really.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1109: Sep 15, 2016 04:08:39 pm
      Not wa ting to soubd too much like a dinosaur, but my view is that if he had a brain he'd have black boots on with a short back and sides.

Basically if you are having a shi**er on the pitch then stay off your hover-board, keep your hair normal and knuckle down and dont draw any unnecessary attention to yourself.

But if he had that sort of brain/mentality he wouldn't do half the sh*te he does on the pitch.

I agree entirely but also playing devils advocate if I had £40k a week going into my bank account i'd probably be driving round in a go kart with a mullet and wearing a mankini
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1110: Sep 15, 2016 09:08:34 pm

I'm sure haircuts and intelligence have absolutely no relation. The fact that most footballers are not especially known for their intelligence and most have some pretty extravagant haircuts doesn't mean those things are related. Just look at Einstein, Perelman, Kaku, Chandrasekhar (just to name a few) or more recently (and perhaps more precisely) that guy working at NASA with a mohawk and some weird golden stars on the sides of his head.

Or just remember Ronaldo's 2002 haircut (that one was F***ing awesome).

I think the 'everything he does annoys me' part is probably what explains your disdain of his hair cut.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1111: Oct 26, 2016 07:36:55 pm
      Did well last night. Pleased to see him put in a solid performance after going through a rocky spell.

Just a shame the crowd are so quick to get on his back (thanks Gary Neville) when he's left with a 2/3 on 1 and isn't able to be in three places at once. Nearly gave some moaning c**t behind me a smack at one point for constantly shouting sh*t.

Prove the moany fuckers all wrong Alberto lad, you mad b***ard.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1112: Oct 30, 2016 01:07:47 am
      In behind that Palace defence time and time again tonight. Wonderful assist, hit the post, at no fault for either of the goals, and played very well.

If you disagree, put your bias back in your pocket and watch the game again.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1113: Oct 30, 2016 01:11:46 am
      In behind that Palace defence time and time again tonight. Wonderful assist, hit the post, at no fault for either of the goals, and played very well.

If you disagree, put your bias back in your pocket and watch the game again.

Don't have anything against Albie but he should have closed down his man on they're second goal...gave him loads of space to make that cross; other than that though he did OK defensively and caused them more than one headache going forward.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1114: Oct 30, 2016 01:18:06 am
      Don't have anything against Albie but he should have closed down his man on they're second goal...gave him loads of space to make that cross; other than that though he did OK defensively and caused them more than one headache going forward.

I would bet that Klopp has told him to stand off and not lunge in. End of the day it was an amazing cross and a good goal.

He's one of these players people will focus on that possible error and ignore all the good he did in the game. Same as Henderson until recently, same as Lucas a few years ago. Shame that the fans seem to need a punching bag, and Alberto is it.

Again, watch the game, look at the stats. He had a very good game for what is now our second choice left back.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1115: Oct 30, 2016 01:23:09 am
      I would bet that Klopp has told him to stand off and not lunge in. End of the day it was an amazing cross and a good goal.

He's one of these players people will focus on that possible error and ignore all the good he did in the game. Same as Henderson until recently, same as Lucas a few years ago. Shame that the fans seem to need a punching bag, and Alberto is it.

Again, watch the game, look at the stats. He had a very good game for what is now our second choice left back.

Totally agree, thought he did pretty good as far as what the gaffer told him or not I don't know...hard picturing Clyne or Milner giving a guy that much space though.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1116: Oct 30, 2016 01:24:57 am
      Totally agree, thought he did pretty good as far as what the gaffer told him or not I don't know...hard picturing Clyne or Milner giving a guy that much space though.

Good managing though isn't it, Moreno clearly isn't as able to close down and tackle as safely as those two (especially in the penalty area)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1117: Oct 30, 2016 01:27:27 am
      Good managing though isn't it, Moreno clearly isn't as able to close down and tackle as safely as those two (especially in the penalty area)

Don't disagree with that, though I would say that's not a good indictment of a left back that he can't be trusted to close a player down.

Either way he had a decent match and I would suspect that Milly will be back next week.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1118: Oct 30, 2016 01:29:32 am
      Don't disagree with that, though I would say that's not a good indictment of a left back that he can't be trusted to close a player down.

Either way he had a decent match and I would suspect that Milly will be back next week.

Oh I agree, he is not a good tackler at all, brings something extra going forward though without doubt.

Milner is head a shoulders ahead in terms of what we need though no doubt about it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1119: Oct 30, 2016 03:16:06 am
      Nice work today Bertie!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1120: Oct 30, 2016 05:30:38 am
      Perfect first 20.

Back to his usual self for the rest, though. Gave Zaha all the time in the world for both crosses and hacked at a handful of attempted clearances - one that could've seen them score in the second half where he had 3 chances and managed to fluff each one (can't remember the time of it).

If that performance was meant to convince me to put him back in the team, it wouldn't help him.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1121: Oct 30, 2016 07:06:35 am
      Perfect first 20.

Back to his usual self for the rest, though. Gave Zaha all the time in the world for both crosses and hacked at a handful of attempted clearances - one that could've seen them score in the second half where he had 3 chances and managed to fluff each one (can't remember the time of it).

If that performance was meant to convince me to put him back in the team, it wouldn't help him.

While I agree, it nowhere near puts him ahead of Milner. I had the though that it wasn't as bad a performance as:

a) I thought it was going to be
      b) It's being made out to be

He was very good going forward, and whilst still poor at the back, we can't ignore his attacking use either. So while Milly get's the nod every time, the next time he can't play for whatever reason, I'm not going to be as tentative about Moreno playing.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1122: Oct 30, 2016 09:44:53 am
      No worse than Clyne at the back last night, but better going forward.

The whipping boy as per, despite playing well and getting an assist. He'll probably need to actually score a goal for people to lay off him, as that's all people seem to look for along with what they believe is a defensive error.

If you look for errors you'll see just as many from Clyne (Benteke's chance). But no one sings and dances about them because Gary Neville hasn't told them to.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1123: Oct 30, 2016 10:44:28 am
      As he's a defender first and foremost, I still have to criticize that part of his game yesterday. Can't fault the effort the lad puts in though.
      Any chance we can have another "move him to the winger position" debate ala Glen Johnson?
      😉
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1124: Oct 30, 2016 11:48:39 am
      But no one sings and dances about them because Gary Neville hasn't told them to.

But i don't have access to Sky for him to tell me what to think :(

I've been saying it since a month in to his career here. He cannot defend and it doesn't seem as though he will learn how to anytime soon.

For a lad who used to be a winger, it's not a surprise he can get forward - he was excellent in doing so last night - but while he gets paid to be a defender, i'd love to see him perform like one for once.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1125: Nov 29, 2016 09:10:04 pm
      Why?? I just don't get him. What is he good at? Nothing from what I can see
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1126: Nov 29, 2016 09:48:05 pm
      He okay after that sniper?

Quick Reply