Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 178168 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #115: Sep 18, 2014 06:04:27 pm
      The funny thing was with that goal, they say that Andros Townsend is "quick". F*ck me Alberto left him for dead, AND he had the ball!

He's still going full pelt when he's celebrating too. He was having a Forrest Gump moment.

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #116: Sep 19, 2014 05:57:27 pm
      Congrats to him for being named in the UEFA Champions League Team of the Week - well deserved.

I can't believe I'm saying this so early on - but thank Christ that Real and Barca's LB's are relatively young or recently signed.   
      LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #117: Sep 19, 2014 08:14:11 pm
      Hopefully he will be here for a very long time, he certainly will be a very good player.
      LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #118: Sep 19, 2014 08:20:19 pm
      Congrats to him for being named in the UEFA Champions League Team of the Week - well deserved.

I can't believe I'm saying this so early on - but thank Christ that Real and Barca's LB's are relatively young or recently signed.   
      Agreed, but don't think Marcelo will be around too much longer. But I have read that management at Valencia rate Gaya higher than their recent LB's at this stage (19) than Alba and Bernat.

Certainly wouldn't be going to another club in the Prem, probably only in Spain, Barca and RM as you've said and probably Seville in his latter years, unless they get taken over by someone rich and win titles.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #119: Oct 20, 2014 08:07:40 am
      Missed this little terrier yesterday!!
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #120: Oct 20, 2014 01:25:27 pm
      Anybody know what's going on with Alberto, not even on the bench yesterday!!. Withdrawn from the Spain squad last week, we've also recalled Brad Smith sounds serious to me!.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #121: Oct 20, 2014 08:01:16 pm
      Anybody know what's going on with Alberto, not even on the bench yesterday!!. Withdrawn from the Spain squad last week, we've also recalled Brad Smith sounds serious to me!.

Yeah seems a strange one
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #122: Oct 25, 2014 11:48:40 pm
      Skrtel and Lovren seem to take a lot of flak but Moreno hasn't really done much lately.  He had a blinder at Spurs (seems like everyone did) but since then he's been invisible.  Took some really weird positions against Madrid, too, ended up in central midfield on more than one occasion and was caught out.

He's young and there's time but I thought he might have taken the Spurs game and built on it, seems like he's gone backwards a bit lately.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #123: Oct 30, 2014 05:57:20 pm
      Skrtel and Lovren seem to take a lot of flak but Moreno hasn't really done much lately.  He had a blinder at Spurs (seems like everyone did) but since then he's been invisible.  Took some really weird positions against Madrid, too, ended up in central midfield on more than one occasion and was caught out.

He's young and there's time but I thought he might have taken the Spurs game and built on it, seems like he's gone backwards a bit lately.

Yeah I haven't been bowled over when you look at his overall contribution so far this season. He looks like he has a real upside in terms of what he could be (ie. place  strength, tenacity) and he has shown signs that he has everything you need to be a success in the epl but I reckon it'll be another 12 months before he is truly comfortable in the league.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #124: Nov 01, 2014 10:34:43 pm
      Did absolutely nothing again today.  I'm not even talking about the mistake that led to the goal.  I'm talking about his contributing play.  He runs a lot but other than that goal against Spurs he has shown very little end product thus far.  And he's airmails it in from the sideline way too often.  More like Stewie Downing than Jordi Alba in that department.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #125: Nov 02, 2014 08:13:35 am
      The lad himself seemed not a sh*t, otherwise we won't after him and sign him.
      And he has show in his first few games with us that he's not a sh*t.
      But the longer he stay with us he seemed transformed to be sh*t and more sh*t, why?
      The similar thing happened with Sakho, Lovren, Markovic etc.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #126: Nov 02, 2014 10:03:44 am
      I think Moreno looks lost at times when he plays.
      He's so far up the pitch out of position it's frightening. I know that's prob the tactics but his end product isn't great.
      Defensively he's all over the place.

I know he's young but the way BR went after him all summer I expected much more than what we have seen so far.
      ACMilanLFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #127: Nov 02, 2014 11:26:28 am
      I think Moreno looks lost at times when he plays.
      He's so far up the pitch out of position it's frightening. I know that's prob the tactics but his end product isn't great.
      Defensively he's all over the place.

I know he's young but the way BR went after him all summer I expected much more than what we have seen so far.
      He's only 22. When a team is in a negative moment it's normal that a young even with potential is affected.
      He's one of the most promising fullbacks in Europe IMHO.
      Many young fullbacks in his own role are going through difficult times: one of these plays in my AC Milan.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #128: Nov 02, 2014 11:33:45 am
      Definitely struggling lately, seems a bit lost going forward and seems to have an error in him at the back. Unlike Lovren though I think he'll get a lot better as the season goes on. A lot of good fullbacks coming to the Premier League need time to adjust.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #129: Nov 04, 2014 10:21:55 pm
      I'm curious to see him in an attacking role. Certainly has all the attributes to succeed. Baleesque?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #130: Nov 04, 2014 10:39:51 pm
      I'm curious to see him in an attacking role. Certainly has all the attributes to succeed. Baleesque?

He used to be a winger mate so maybe he's better where he is.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #131: Nov 04, 2014 10:45:15 pm
      He used to be a winger mate so maybe he's better where he is.

He certainly has the pace to play the Bale role. Be interesting to see him, Enrique and Markovic in a race.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #132: Nov 04, 2014 10:48:08 pm
      He certainly has the pace to play the Bale role. Be interesting to see him, Enrique and Markovic in a race.

I'm all over Enrique finishing last

He'd get distracted by a daisy or a blackbird and forget where he was
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #133: Nov 04, 2014 10:49:20 pm
      Full back roles with Moreno and his mate on the other side covered for the next 10 years. Glen can wind his contract down then piss off.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #134: Nov 04, 2014 10:50:40 pm

Him, Sterling and Markovic would be tasty, especially with the ball at their feet.

I'm all over Enrique finishing last

He'd get distracted by a daisy or a blackbird and forget where he was

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  F***ing class Jon  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #135: Nov 05, 2014 12:05:04 am

I still think Markovic is much slower than we all thought he would be
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #136: Nov 05, 2014 02:31:35 am
      Reminds me a bit of Riise at his prime.

The Norwegian inexplicably became poor - he wasn't even old when he became a liability, have no idea what happened to him.

But in his prime - nah, we never really replaced him, but Moreno looks a good bet as his true successor.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #137: Nov 06, 2014 02:25:47 pm
      Moreno is my favourite player so far this season, he's surprised me totally, I didn't think he was as quick as he is and he keeps up that tempo for the full game.

Quick Reply