Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 178010 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #414: Oct 25, 2015 10:26:30 pm
      I'm really enjoying some of his performances over the past few weeks since he got dropped for Gomez. He needs to improve on some of the attacking aspects of his game but he's become very solid at the back, I'll take that over a Glen Johnson any day.

He's been faultless defensively this season and has generally offered a decent amount going forward and he's a great outlet. He needs to improve on his crossing and decision making at times, but the rest of his game this season has been decent at worst this season.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #415: Oct 25, 2015 10:51:43 pm
      Could do a heck of alot worse than Alberto Moreno at LB. Good little footballer still learning his trade
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #416: Oct 25, 2015 11:29:43 pm
      More of the same from Alberto today. He'd be top quality if he was any good  :f_tongueincheek:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,601 posts | 2156 
      Reply #417: Oct 25, 2015 11:45:19 pm
      Sorry lads but your standards have dropped to an all time low if you think Alberto is up to it. It's nothing to do with decision making, his nervousness on the ball further up the field comes from being incredibly one footed and technically not up to it. That part of his game is unlikely to get better. As for him just being about defending, when you play with no wide players your full backs become pretty important, he was the width today and Saints let him have it all day because they weren't the least bit worried about what he might do with it. Did you not notice some of the lads playing balls into traffic at times in the 2nd half rather than give it to a wide open Moreno.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #418: Oct 29, 2015 10:55:09 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #419: Oct 29, 2015 10:58:01 pm
      In an interview with the Echo, Moreno said he has been told to improve his English by Klopp and has been forced to go on 4 lessons a week so he can get his ideas over instead of Lucas acting as interpreter for him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #420: Oct 29, 2015 11:12:50 pm
      In an interview with the Echo, Moreno said he has been told to improve his English by Klopp and has been forced to go on 4 lessons a week so he can get his ideas over instead of Lucas acting as interpreter for him.

Everything I have read about Klopp's management of this club so far has brought a smile to my face.

The man is just so clued in, he just seeks constant improvement at every opportunity.

A breath of fresh air.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #421: Oct 30, 2015 08:20:50 am

I read a report where Moreno really slated Rodgers and no wonder  there was no unity in the squad when he had been a full season at Anfield and needed Lucas to translate for him. How the hell was Moreno expected to understand Rodgers in training sessions.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #422: Oct 30, 2015 08:25:29 am
      I read a report where Moreno really slated Rodgers and no wonder  there was no unity in the squad when he had been a full season at Anfield and needed Lucas to translate for him. How the hell was Moreno expected to understand Rodgers in training sessions.

True. But come on, can you really blame Rodgers because Moreno can't speak English?

I think it's good that Klopp has told him to do more English lessons though, perhaps Rodgers could have insisted upon this.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #423: Oct 30, 2015 09:06:08 am
      True. But come on, can you really blame Rodgers because Moreno can't speak English?

I think it's good that Klopp has told him to do more English lessons though, perhaps Rodgers could have insisted upon this.

Rodgers should of demanded that Moreno learn to speak in English, after all he was the manager and allegedly had full control over the players. How the hell did Rodgers convey instructions from the touch line, oh that's right he didn't.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #424: Oct 30, 2015 10:00:30 am
      It was a good interview with Moreno, and he could do well for us under Klopp. Can't believe he was never made to learn the language though, or for that matter he never sorted them out for himself. We need a more professional attitude from our players and management, and thankfully we are starting to get this sorted out.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #425: Oct 30, 2015 11:39:44 am
      Doesn't Rodgers speak Spanish? Could be why he was in no rush to get Moreno speaking English, though the player should have, off his own bat, been doing it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #426: Oct 30, 2015 12:25:35 pm
      Doesn't Rodgers speak Spanish? Could be why he was in no rush to get Moreno speaking English, though the player should have, off his own bat, been doing it.

Firmino is the same, he still can't speak a word of English either.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #427: Oct 30, 2015 02:38:04 pm
      I think he does speak a little, he would need to. If he's doing an interview it may just be safer to have it translated. Pochetino used a translator for years even though his English was solid, he just didn't want to be misinterpreted.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #428: Oct 30, 2015 03:03:06 pm

Rodgers can speak Spanish.

Rodgers should of demanded that Moreno learn to speak in English, after all he was the manager and allegedly had full control over the players. How the hell did Rodgers convey instructions from the touch line, oh that's right he didn't.

What nonsense.

He can speak some English. Rodgers had a rule where he only allowed players to use English to communicate on the pitch, iirc.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #429: Nov 09, 2015 07:21:04 pm
      How is Moreno escaping blame yet again?

His awful defending cost us another goal yesterday.

I will never understand how this lad gets a pass, he is arguably the worst defender in our back four.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #430: Nov 09, 2015 07:28:59 pm

I will never understand how this lad gets a pass, he is arguably the worst defender in our back four.

Check the match thread from yesterday, he hasn't escaped blame.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #431: Nov 09, 2015 07:50:39 pm

He got slated mate but it was Can who decided to lay the ball off to Lucas in the box, completely mistimed his pass, like most of his passes yesterday! and laid it onto a plate for Bolasie.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #432: Nov 09, 2015 08:57:20 pm

I wouldn't say he escaped blame, go through the match thread.

I think people are being too harsh about his corners however. The majority were actually really good deliveries. I still like him going forward, his crossing is getting better, Benteke should have scored from one in particular.

I'm seeing signs of improvement and happy for him to keep playing but the defensive awareness side of his game is still hugely lacking you're right.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #433: Nov 09, 2015 10:06:09 pm
      I wouldn't say he escaped blame, go through the match thread.

I think people are being too harsh about his corners however. The majority were actually really good deliveries. I still like him going forward, his crossing is getting better, Benteke should have scored from one in particular.

I'm seeing signs of improvement and happy for him to keep playing but the defensive awareness side of his game is still hugely lacking you're right.

Yup he is most certainly getting better. Still a way to go mind but if he keeps improving his crossing and can strike a better balance between defence and attack he might become an excellent full back for us yet.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #434: Nov 10, 2015 04:50:51 pm
      Re Moreno can't speak English, I remember read somewhere Lovren complain about his job as defender is more difficult because communication problem with a fullback who can't understand English (Moreno I guess). I'm still wait to see Lovren develop to be our good player but in this case I think he's spout a sh*t. It's a poor excuse.
      Foreign player maybe take bit long time to use English but I'm wonder what kind of words they exchange with teammates during the game, isn't it some simple football related words, not some Shakespeare's novel right?     

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #435: Nov 19, 2015 03:20:55 pm
      he's improved under klopp but still young and making silly mistakes and positional errors but that will come the more game time he gets can only see this lad getting better and better love it when he bombs forward he's rapid as just needs to work on that final cross and he will become a top wingback
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #436: Dec 02, 2015 09:37:42 pm
      Absolutely loved his John Arne Riise (who was one of my favorite players btw) impersonation!

Quick Reply