Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 177778 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #897: May 24, 2016 05:45:12 am

Can't be. Everyone on here wanted Smith to start ahead of Moreno earlier this season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #898: May 24, 2016 10:56:01 am

Bertrand and Shaw are like Paolo Maldini next to Moreno.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #899: May 24, 2016 05:54:00 pm
      I never understood why we have Moreno in there when we have Flanno.
      Video says evrything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p2P7sjaCDI
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #900: May 24, 2016 07:29:50 pm
      Bring in Hector in his place please, first-teamer in the Germany squad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #901: May 24, 2016 10:03:34 pm
      Was sh*te after his first month here. One of the worst signings we've ever made given it was £12m for a F***ing left back.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #902: May 25, 2016 01:54:38 am
      I was one of those advocating for signing danny rose a while back.
      Not so stupid an idea now huh?!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #903: May 25, 2016 04:57:01 am
      FFS! Give it a rest people.

Who the f**k would you guys have played instead of him? Brad Smith? Flanagan?

A worst full back then him? I'm pretty sure both of the above names are indeed 'worse' than him. 
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #904: May 25, 2016 04:59:13 am
      I was one of those advocating for signing danny rose a while back.
      Not so stupid an idea now huh?!
      Pretty sure Rose would've upped his level two folds after joining us.  :lmao:
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #905: May 25, 2016 06:11:32 am
      Bring in Hector in his place please, first-teamer in the Germany squad.

He looks really limited.

As for Moreno, I'm like a lot of people on this one, I have had enough.

Bit of a classic really. I barely knew anything about him but had decided I didn't want Bertrand. This lad rocks up and his first few games are mistake vs City and great goal vs Spurs.

Since then we have seen more City moments than Spurs. He could have been sent off vs Dortmund and given a penalty away vs Villarreal... as well as slicing (yet again) a good chance in that away leg.

The lad is F***ing sh*te. His attacking potential has never been realised and his sh*te position awareness, brainless tackling and general lack of game intelligence aren't excusable anymore.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #906: May 25, 2016 07:33:53 am
      FFS! Give it a rest people.

Who the f**k would you guys have played instead of him? Brad Smith? Flanagan?

A worst full back then him? I'm pretty sure both of the above names are indeed 'worse' than him. 

Smith does something in attack.

Neither are long term options but at least Smith has some upside to him and his delivery is second to none.

Hopefully we have someone else come in next season because Moreno is garbage. Lands one cross in ten, can't defend and only had pace on his side. Get rid.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #907: May 25, 2016 05:20:38 pm

Neither are long term options but at least Smith has some upside to him and his delivery is second to none.

Hopefully we have someone else come in next season because Moreno is garbage. Lands one cross in ten, can't defend and only had pace on his side. Get rid.
      Have to disagree there. Yes, he hit some good crosses, but that doesn't make him better than Moreno. As for getting rid of him - I don't think he is going anywhere this year.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #908: May 25, 2016 11:49:30 pm
      Smith isnt better than Moreno atm

moreno is still young and can improve. ppl talk about history , what ever happened to ynwa? smh
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #909: May 25, 2016 11:53:58 pm

Problem with Smith Crouchie he only runs in direction...a straight line, I honestly think its 50/50 he makes it come the end of pre-season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #910: May 26, 2016 04:00:47 am
      Problem with Smith Crouchie he only runs in direction...a straight line, I honestly think its 50/50 he makes it come the end of pre-season.

I disagree mate. He has run inside with the ball a lot and isn't scared to cut in with the ball.

And without the ball he tries to stick to his man. I'd much rather a fullback be too close to his man than too far. And he puts his body in front of crosses.

I'm not saying he's the solution, but he's good enough to have been given a shot in the team more than he did considering the garbage Moreno dishes out each week.

I don't think Moreno will leave either. He will just be on the bench when someone better than awful is signed this coming window.

Smith isnt better than Moreno atm

moreno is still young and can improve. ppl talk about history , what ever happened to ynwa? smh

I'm all for faith in players. Half my post count is because of sticking up for Lucas in his first couple of seasons. But when someone is clearly sh*te and shows some terrible habits and unawareness on the pitch, you can't carry them with blind faith.

Moreno is a quick Djimi Traore. Rubbish.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #911: May 26, 2016 06:33:32 am
      We need to replace Moreno, he can stay on the bench.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #912: May 26, 2016 09:50:07 am

I don't think Moreno will leave either. He will just be on the bench when someone better than awful is signed this coming window.

If someone wants to buy him, he will be gone. Finding someone that wants him though will be the issue.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #913: May 26, 2016 12:10:00 pm
      If someone wants to buy him, he will be gone. Finding someone that wants him though will be the issue.

Not at all. There will always be buyers "at the right price". The issue is how much are we willing to take a hit on this player.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #914: May 26, 2016 12:34:38 pm

You mean like the start of the season when he was dumped on the bench for Gomez until Joe got that bad injury!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #915: May 26, 2016 12:44:12 pm
      You mean like the start of the season when he was dumped on the bench for Gomez until Joe got that bad injury!

Yeah that right footed, 18 year-old centre back!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #916: May 26, 2016 01:02:40 pm
      We need to replace Moreno, he can stay on the bench.

give him a sponge and a bucket of water so he can get on to help the injured players faster than anyone else in the league. I gave this lad time I conceded he was young and needed time to settle but the important part the bit between his ears is missing.
      Give me Smith every day of the week he can defend and he can use that sweet left foot.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #917: May 26, 2016 03:31:18 pm
      give him a sponge and a bucket of water so he can get on to help the injured players faster than anyone else in the league. I gave this lad time I conceded he was young and needed time to settle but the important part the bit between his ears is missing.
      Give me Smith every day of the week he can defend and he can use that sweet left foot.

Smith can defend but he is not starting XI material. He is an improvement from moreno for sure but we need to take care of this left position. It hasn't being stable from Riise.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #918: May 26, 2016 05:14:46 pm
      Smith can defend but he is not starting XI material. He is an improvement from moreno for sure but we need to take care of this left position. It hasn't being stable from Riise.

Always felt Aurelio was a better left-back than Riise, shame he was another one made of glass!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #919: May 26, 2016 05:42:05 pm
      Always felt Aurelio was a better left-back than Riise, shame he was another one made of glass!

Aurelio had the missing piece its called a brain why do so few players have it now.

Quick Reply