Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 178080 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #713: Apr 24, 2016 08:29:31 am
      Yep agreed, he should have cut that ball off no problems at all but he didn't and the F***ing rest is History. Hopefully Migs is too!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #714: Apr 24, 2016 02:13:27 pm
      That goal is entirely Mignolet's fault. All full backs allow crosses to come in, the one that came in was a pretty sh*te cross. You have to trust your goalkeeper/centre halves to deal with those type of things. In this case, the goalkeeper did absolutely nothing to deal with it.

Look at Moreno's daft F***ing jump and poor touch, as much his fault as Mignolet flapping like a soft c**t. If Moreno deals with it properly that ball doesn't even reach the Newcastle player.

Moreno still needs lessons on how to kick with his right foot as well!!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #715: Apr 24, 2016 06:17:11 pm
      Look at Moreno's daft f**king jump and poor touch, as much his fault as Mignolet flapping like a soft c**t. If Moreno deals with it properly that ball doesn't even reach the Newcastle player.

Moreno still needs lessons on how to kick with his right foot as well!!

I reckon Coutinho needs to take some of the blame too, you know. 23 passes before the goal, he gave the ball away.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #716: Apr 24, 2016 06:27:18 pm
      Someone made the point that he is still only 23 and have to admit that I forget that at times.
      There is certainly the time and his own level of commitment to improve.
      Infuriating and chaotic on occasion and other times really bloody good
      Like the nutter side to his personality. Quite enjoy a few crazies in the squad but he certainly needs to proper completion at left back and a ton of training in his discipline and awareness.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #717: Apr 24, 2016 06:55:09 pm
      I reckon Coutinho needs to take some of the blame too, you know. 23 passes before the goal, he gave the ball away.

What the F**k you about ya dickhead?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 481 
      Reply #718: Apr 25, 2016 04:31:23 am
      Same old story here. When he has a good game then nobody posts here. But when he makes a mistake( which everyone does), then even the little ones offend people. :lmao:

I never saw anyone criticizing Flanagan after his mistake against Sunderland which cost us a goal.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #719: Apr 25, 2016 09:34:37 am
      For me he is Deffo Jürgen style player. As you say all prone to mistakes but this fella has heart.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #720: Apr 25, 2016 10:33:18 am
      Same old story here. When he has a good game then nobody posts here. But when he makes a mistake( which everyone does), then even the little ones offend people. :lmao:

It's a bit like the Mignolet thread though isn't it, when he goes through a solid patch it goes really quiet, people don't tend to go in and post all sorts of great stuff because deep down in their hearts they know that the next big cock up is only around the corner. Well i'm afraid Moreno has developed himself a similar reputation during his 2 years at the club and it will take some consistently solid play to change the minds of many Reds including myself. He has played quite well recently to be fair to the lad but not so well that I have felt the need to come in and sing his praises. Just look at the Clyne thread, just 5 pages long and yet he has been perhaps our most consistent player all season. If Moreno can put together 7/10 performances for a solid 3-4 month spell I would see it as a compliment to the lad if he hardly gets a post in this thread.
      Clarky5000
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #721: Apr 28, 2016 11:37:49 am
      This is hilarious

http://youtu.be/JqyuZORvEkI

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #722: Apr 28, 2016 02:10:02 pm
      He is young and makes mistakes but he is making fewer mistakes and his pace is just incredible. He will be better again next season.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #723: Apr 29, 2016 01:11:49 am
      He is young and makes mistakes but he is making fewer mistakes and his pace is just incredible. He will be better again next season.

He is getting a lot better. I would like to see him become two-footed. I think that is one of his biggest weaknesses. If he becomes two-footed and gets a decent shot, he can definitely contribute more.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #724: Apr 29, 2016 02:13:54 am
      He is getting a lot better. I would like to see him become two-footed. I think that is one of his biggest weaknesses. If he becomes two-footed and gets a decent shot, he can definitely contribute more.

Not many full backs are two footed. Not that many players are even.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #725: Apr 29, 2016 03:48:09 am

I find this quite odd that you consider this one of his weakness. I don't think I have ever heard/seen of a full back struggle because he was so one footed, or even considered a weakness.

His biggest weaknesses are his decision making and crossing for me, but hopefully, with more games, he will gain that experience and skill to improve on them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #726: Apr 29, 2016 09:44:57 am
      Was clearly targeted last night as a weakness with diagonal balls constantly played behind him, he got away with a few instances with cover from behind but our luck could only last so long.

I doubt Moreno will ever learn the defensive side to a high enough standard to be relied upon regularly.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #727: Apr 29, 2016 10:09:16 am

probably why they are full backs mate they have one foot and they like to see that white line next to it.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #728: Apr 29, 2016 07:12:04 pm
      I find this quite odd that you consider this one of his weakness. I don't think I have ever heard/seen of a full back struggle because he was so one footed, or even considered a weakness.

His biggest weaknesses are his decision making and crossing for me, but hopefully, with more games, he will gain that experience and skill to improve on them.

Being two-footed just helps you play the game better. Watch Moreno play next game, he only uses his left, the ball will barely ever touch his right. I am sure teams will noticed (or have already) and see that he will only play it on his left foot. To be honest, I think I bring it up because it is just so obvious. I have seen Clyne use his left foot on multiple occasions. I am not saying his right foot should be as strong as his left, but he should be capable of using it.

He is a professional footballer, he should be able to use two feet. Not saying he should be just as good on his right as his left, but he needs to be able to use it. I don't think he will even pass it with his right, usually he just turns his body to use his left and one day that could come to bite us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #729: Apr 29, 2016 08:32:55 pm
      Forget two footed, be nice to get a few that are two testicled.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #730: Apr 29, 2016 09:07:11 pm
      Being two-footed just helps you play the game better. Watch Moreno play next game, he only uses his left, the ball will barely ever touch his right.

Maradona was one footed, and it didn't seem to do him any harm ;)

I doubt Moreno will ever learn the defensive side to a high enough standard to be relied upon regularly.

The thing is, Klopp doesn't ask his players to defend in the typical fashion -- stay compact, jockey the attackers, keep play in front of them, etc.  Klopp prefers to play with a high line and expects his defenders first instinct to be to close the ball down and get a tackle in rather than drop off -- this is why Skrtel has fallen so far down the pecking order, but Moreno fits this tactical approach perfectly. 

Under Klopp we are going to ship "soft" goals that could easily be avoided if we defended more like a Mourinho team, but we should also score a lot more goals by virtue of our ability to win the ball higher up the pitch and reduce the amount of time it takes to transition from defending to generating goal scoring opportunities.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #731: Apr 29, 2016 10:17:37 pm
      Maradona was one footed, and it didn't seem to do him any harm ;)

The thing is, Klopp doesn't ask his players to defend in the typical fashion -- stay compact, jockey the attackers, keep play in front of them, etc.  Klopp prefers to play with a high line and expects his defenders first instinct to be to close the ball down and get a tackle in rather than drop off -- this is why Skrtel has fallen so far down the pecking order, but Moreno fits this tactical approach perfectly. 

Under Klopp we are going to ship "soft" goals that could easily be avoided if we defended more like a Mourinho team, but we should also score a lot more goals by virtue of our ability to win the ball higher up the pitch and reduce the amount of time it takes to transition from defending to generating goal scoring opportunities.

I highly doubt Klopp would have been happy with the goal conceded as was evident in his post match statement regarding Moreno.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #732: Apr 29, 2016 10:33:24 pm
      I highly doubt Klopp would have been happy with the goal conceded as was evident in his post match statement regarding Moreno.

When is a manager ever happy about a goal conceded?  I'm not suggesting that Alberto doesn't have his flaws, but I think he is a player who suits the way the manager wants to play.  If Klopp decides not to buy a LB this summer, then it would suggest he doesn't see Moreno as a "weak link"

I personally think Alberto will be our starting LB going into next season.... :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #733: Apr 29, 2016 10:36:47 pm
      When is a manager ever happy about a goal conceded?  I'm not suggesting that Alberto doesn't have his flaws, but I think he is a player who suits the way the manager wants to play.  If Klopp decides not to buy a LB this summer, then it would suggest he doesn't see Moreno as a "weak link"

Of course no manager is ever happy with a goal conceded and let's be honest most goals are usually a catalogue of error's as was this one but the fact he singled out Moreno might be a pointer in the way he feels.

"They played a chipped ball in behind Kolo; Alberto, I don't know where he was at this moment. That confusion, it makes really no sense. We know this."
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2016 10:47:54 pm by HScRed1 »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #734: Apr 29, 2016 11:12:07 pm
      Being two-footed just helps you play the game better. Watch Moreno play next game, he only uses his left, the ball will barely ever touch his right. I am sure teams will noticed (or have already) and see that he will only play it on his left foot. To be honest, I think I bring it up because it is just so obvious. I have seen Clyne use his left foot on multiple occasions. I am not saying his right foot should be as strong as his left, but he should be capable of using it.

He is a professional footballer, he should be able to use two feet. Not saying he should be just as good on his right as his left, but he needs to be able to use it. I don't think he will even pass it with his right, usually he just turns his body to use his left and one day that could come to bite us.

By two footed, I thought you meant he needed to work on his weaker to be nearly as natural as his stronger foot (I was thinking the likes of, Zidane, Ginola, Cazorla etc).
      I do agree Moreno could probably look into it, but it's not a concern for me, in fact, He can still forge a damn good career if he never worked on his right tbh. I'd rather him work on his composure, final ball and awareness first.

Also, I have to disagree with you about the professional footballer needing to be able to use two feet. There have been so many good to world class one footed players, Giggs, Signori, R.Carlos, G.Le.Saux etc etc.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #735: Apr 30, 2016 02:59:21 am
      By two footed, I thought you meant he needed to work on his weaker to be nearly as natural as his stronger foot (I was thinking the likes of, Zidane, Ginola, Cazorla etc).
      I do agree Moreno could probably look into it, but it's not a concern for me, in fact, He can still forge a damn good career if he never worked on his right tbh. I'd rather him work on his composure, final ball and awareness first.

Also, I have to disagree with you about the professional footballer needing to be able to use two feet. There have been so many good to world class one footed players, Giggs, Signori, R.Carlos, G.Le.Saux etc etc.

You are a more well rounded player if you can use two feet. Milner just got a few assists with his weaker foot. While it may not be necessary for some, it is a huge advantage and you will be a lot better player because of it.

I think in todays game it should be something that people work a lot on. It could be the difference of winning and losing. Couldn't tell you how many times I have seen a professional player completely mishit a ball inside of the box because it was his weaker foot. And a shot inside the box should be going in 9 out of ten times.

Quick Reply