Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What will the result be?

Liverpool win?
      129 (97%)
      Draw?
      2 (1.5%)
      Southampton win?
      2 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Liverpool V Southampton: Pre-Match Thread, Sun. 17th Aug 2014 KO 13:30

Read 13274 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Liverpool V Southampton: Pre-Match Thread, Sun. 17th Aug 2014 KO 13:30
      Reply #46: Aug 14, 2014 02:20:54 pm
                                            Mignolet

Johnson              Skrtel                 Lovren              Enrique

Gerrard

Henderson          Coutinho

Sterling

Sturridge            Lambert

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #47: Aug 14, 2014 03:49:21 pm
      Pumped for this can't believe the new season is here allready.

It's felt like ages to me!!

Think we'll see the same 11 that started against Dortmund. Only possible exceptions would be Sakho or Flano coming on for Lovren/Manquillo.

The first game of the season is usually a cagey affair, so I'll be happy with a win regardless of how we get the job done.
      AGC
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #48: Aug 14, 2014 04:18:19 pm
      Some good signings on Southampton like Graziano Pellè, Dusan Tadic or Taider. Anyway they are now weaker and without Schneiderlin, worst. Great expectation to this match.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #49: Aug 14, 2014 04:49:51 pm
      & so it begins, I can't wait for Sunday .

A solid performance with 3 points is all I ask :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #50: Aug 14, 2014 06:15:26 pm
      I wonder if the person who voted for a Saints win is the same person that voted for a Dortmund win at the weekend. Still yet to own up but they could be a lucky charm if it turns out as the same result ;). Either that or they re just a negative tool.

Can't wait for this game, hopefully we will do to them what we done to Dortmund.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #51: Aug 14, 2014 06:23:05 pm
      OK who voted for a Southampton win?? Nice bit of negativity to start the season eh!
      Anyway, I predict a decent win for which we will get no credit, because Southampton have sold so many players!
      3-0 easy Peasy lemon squeezey Japanesey  :D
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #52: Aug 14, 2014 06:33:08 pm
      I will be interested to see how the Saints set up against us. Looking at their recent pre-season results, it seemed as if they have actually done quite well. Could Koeman out of spite park up the Southampton bus against us?

I'm still pretty confident about this one and hope Rodgers keeps the players on their toes to avoid complacency after the Dortmund game. Still sticking by my 3-0 prediction and to help settle the nerves, I think we'll score early on. If the game gets to half time and it's still a stalemate I won't lie, I will be shitting it.

It only felt like yestersay whereby I was sitting in the pub watching us see the game out against Stoke, only for Danny Agger to handle inside the penalty box. Please no drama this time round. A comfortable win which will allow us to head to Man Sheikhy without the emotional stress.

:scarf:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #53: Aug 14, 2014 06:40:14 pm
      Not sure why people don't trust most of the players that had a great campaign last season. Manquillo and Moreno? to push them straight into a fast paced prem game? ease them in over time, players have to get to know how the ones next to them play.

That's just it, our defence didn't have a great campaign they were carried by our attack/midfield. We've lost Suarez and have to improve in our weakest areas as quickly as possible, why prolong the agony of watching Johnson bomb forward lose possession and amble back?

With regards our LB area, it is going to be a change anyway, it wont be Flannagan who was our player in the last campaign. Enrique is coming back from injury so it's likely that Moreno is in better shape anyway so with that in mind I'd rather give him the game time which will see us in a better position moving forward.

You'll notice that outside of our defence I only made one change and that was forced because of Suarez's absence. Like you I think they did have a great campaign up front and not much needs changing there at all. As it is Markovic wont make it as he hasn't recovered as quickly as I'd heard so more than likely we'll sub in Can and shift Hendo.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #54: Aug 14, 2014 07:28:59 pm
      Haven't Blackpool got more players than Southampton, at present?  :D
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #55: Aug 14, 2014 09:22:43 pm
      Feeling the butterflies starting already,  can't wait for it to begin.  Looking like we've been working on a better defensive shape so I'm going for a clean sheet with us getting 2or3 ourselves.
      C'mon you reds.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #56: Aug 14, 2014 09:53:41 pm
      We looked sharp, hungry and solid against Dortmund and i think we'll be just too much for Southampton..

New season,new players, new hope, new belief !!

Sterling's our man this year !!..

4-1

Here we go again !!!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Aug 14, 2014 10:21:52 pm
      Can't F***ing wait till Sunday.

Think we'll come out firing and score within the first few minutes on our way to a 3-0 win.

Looking forward to seeing the lads run out in front of our home crowd and just hope the ground is buzzing.

Like Billy said, let's get of ot a flyer and set the tone for the rest of the Season.

ROOOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRR R
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #58: Aug 14, 2014 10:39:09 pm
      Can't believe I'm going to miss this one.  Going to a hotel over the weekend, and was hoping to get home in time for the game on Sunday. But apparently we're going out Dublin zoo on Sunday my wife has informed me.
      To avoid an argument, and continue having a sex life,  I've reluctantly agree.  I now have to go all day without finding out the score so I can watch it later that night. F**k the animals! F**k all the animals!!!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #59: Aug 14, 2014 11:02:43 pm
      Can't believe I'm going to miss this one.  Going to a hotel over the weekend, and was hoping to get home in time for the game on Sunday. But apparently we're going out Dublin zoo on Sunday my wife has informed me.
      To avoid an argument, and continue having a sex life,  I've reluctantly agree.  I now have to go all day without finding out the score so I can watch it later that night. F**k the animals! F**k all the animals!!!!

Shove her in a cage, go watch the game and pick her up after. Tell her its an experience day where she lives the life of a zoo animal. 
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #60: Aug 14, 2014 11:05:26 pm
      Shove her in a cage, go watch the game and pick her up after. Tell her its an experience day where she lives the life of a zoo animal. 
      Worth a shot I suppose!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #61: Aug 14, 2014 11:06:43 pm

Or give her food poisoning so she is too ill to go out ;)
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #62: Aug 14, 2014 11:36:43 pm
      Had to turn down a ticket for this one to go to a pissin wedding in Birmingham. Greeeeeat, I know 2 people at the wedding, my wife and I have met the bride. once.

Good time to play Saints with their new lads still coming in and not having had much time to gel plus Schneiderlein has thrown his toys out of the pram. Given it's City away in the next game a win is crucial and I also think a good performance is key. I fancy us to win it pretty comfortably and am going for 3-1, goals for Danny (2) and Sterling.

Am very interested to see who starts at full-back, I've a feeling it will be Jonno and Enrique meself but perhaps Moreno will go straight in.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #63: Aug 15, 2014 12:52:09 am
      There's no reason to give Johnson any reason to think he has a future at the club, I think not only should he be dropped, he shouldn't even be on the bench, we need to bed the new players in ASAP.  With a depleted Saints side Moreno should start as he's had a full pre-season with Sevilla and should be fit.  Get the lads a warm up before we head to City.

Mignolet
      Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno
      Can Gerrard
      Sterling Henderson Coutinho
      Sturridge

that should get the job done.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #64: Aug 15, 2014 08:46:17 am

First the zoo.. then its church... maybe even going for tea at aunt bettys..... this is a slippery slope you are on.  Better right that ship asap
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #65: Aug 15, 2014 09:05:32 am
      Who the f*ck voted for a Saints win?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #66: Aug 15, 2014 09:40:43 am

you will always find one .
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #67: Aug 15, 2014 09:44:44 am
      It's good to read the optimism of many here but I'd be very happy with just a 1-0 win. Let's not underestimate Soton, they may have lost many players but they can park 11 fellows behind the ball and we haven't yet tried out in a competitve game how to break such teams down. But, if we do score I hope we score big to outscore Man Shitty comes end of the season. Let's start to get the job done early.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #68: Aug 15, 2014 09:45:27 am

Probably Sammy Lee !!...

Quick Reply