Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Getting the snip!!!

Read 2218 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Getting the snip!!!
      Aug 15, 2014 09:05:15 pm
       So I got the dreaded deed done today.  With 5 kids,  and aged 36 she/we/I decided it was time.
      Haven't been in hospital for myself since I was a kid,  so I was a little on the nervous.
      Anyway the thinking about it was probably worse than op itself, and the worst part was probably lying there with it all hanging out with about 6 people coming and going. Not a prude, but also not a big fan of testical displaying either. Hopefully it will be worth it in the long run, if you get my drift  ;)
      Anyone have sympathy for me?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Getting the snip!!!
      Reply #1: Aug 15, 2014 09:10:03 pm
      So I got the dreaded deed done today.  With 5 kids,  and aged 36 she/we/I decided it was time.
      Haven't been in hospital for myself since I was a kid,  so I was a little on the nervous.
      Anyway the thinking about it was probably worse than op itself, and the worst part was probably lying there with it all hanging out with about 6 people coming and going. Not a prude, but also not a big fan of testical displaying either. Hopefully it will be worth it in the long run, if you get my drift  ;)

*Crosses legs*
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Aug 15, 2014 09:19:05 pm

My nieces hubby had it done on Wednesday he's walkin a bit strangely and generally feeling sorry for himself but he did laugh when I asked how his bollocks were earlier today.

Much respect anyway mate.

ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3: Aug 15, 2014 09:24:16 pm
      Not sure about crossing them, keeping them open seems to be  better!
      My nieces hubby had it done on Wednesday he's walkin a bit strangely and generally feeling sorry for himself but he did laugh when I asked how his bollocks were earlier today.

Much respect anyway mate.

You should see them, like something out of the walking Dead,  or at least something that's been attacked by the Walking dead.

Still,12 weeks and no more contraception.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #4: Aug 15, 2014 09:28:43 pm
      I really should go have it done but I travel a bit for work and so I haven't really found the time to have it done.

Yea...that's the reason..... :f_whistle:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5: Aug 15, 2014 09:39:46 pm
      I really should go have it done but I travel a bit for work and so I haven't really found the time to have it done.

Yea...that's the reason..... :f_whistle:
      In and out in 3 hours mate,  probably half that time in the USA.  Go for it.
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #6: Aug 15, 2014 10:15:34 pm
      Piece of piss - I had it done a few years back, before the wife had passed her test so i drove home after it.

Then went and chewed on some uranium.  *

* This bit is not strictly true.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7: Aug 15, 2014 10:39:07 pm
      Get the clip, not the snip

by MARTYN HALLE, Daily Mail

Many men are still wary of having the snip to end their baby-making days. But a new form of vasectomy - which is virtually pain free - could persuade thousands to change their minds.

Doctors have developed a vasectomy that does away with the cutting and cauterising which causes most men's eyes to water.

The new procedure - which is due to be launched in the UK at the beginning of next year - involves the use of a very tiny clip. It is placed over the vas deferens tube that carries sperm from the testes to the penis.

Using a clip also means that it might be possible to reverse a vasectomy successfully should a man's circumstances change later.

There have been no significant new developments with vasectomy since it was developed after World War II.

Doctors have always carried the operation by cutting a hole in the scrotum, pulling out the vas deferens tubes and then cutting them.

To prevent a leakage of sperm, the ends are sealed off by cauterisation. Men having a vasectomy can often smell the burning of flesh during the operation.

Contraception experts say that many men are put off by the thought of cutting and burning, and the often quite painful recovery they have to endure.

In trials using the new method, doctors reported that 76 per cent of men who had the treatment reported no pain at all, compared to just five per cent who said they had significant pain.

Surveys of men who have undergone a traditional vasectomy operation show that as many as 54 per cent report significant pain after surgery.

Since it was launched earlier this year, the Vasclip vasectomy has been carried out on thousands of U.S. men.

The method of vasectomy was thought up by Jim Segermark, an executive for a company making medical devices.

Married, in his 30s, with two young children - and not planning to have any more - Segermark was told by his wife to have a vasectomy.

But, like many men, he chickenedout at the prospect, mainly because he found the procedure so primitive.

'I just felt there had to be better way than cutting and burning in such a sensitive area of the body,' he says.

So, Segermark devised an alternative. It was a plastic clamp the size of a grain of rice. It snaps onto each of the two vas deferens tubes to block the flow of sperm permanently. Two years ago, Segermark decided to test his invention and became the first man to try the device.

AYEAR-LONG clinical study showed the procedure to be less painful and result in fewer complications than traditional vasectomies, where wound infection and swelling can cause problems.

It also promises to make a reversal easier. About 5 per cent of men who undergo a traditional vasectomy later change their minds.

And the number of men seeking reversals has risen with the increase in divorce and the desire of men to start a family with a new partner.

Although reversals are sometimes successful, reattaching the vas

a deferens is a difficult and expensive microsurgical procedure. And there are no guarantees that reversal will work. The cauterising technique used in the conventional operation can cause damage that blocks the free flow of semen once the tubes have been re-joined.

Studies are being carried out to find out whether sperm flow can be restored fully after the Vasclip is removed. Initial testing on animals showed no damage to the vas deferens after it was taken away.

With the traditional procedure, the post- surgical pain varies widely among men and can depend on the surgeon's skill and the method used. But the thirddegreeburns caused by the cauterisation make the vas deferens more prone to infections. Jim Segermark claims the only pain he suffered during his vasectomy was from his anaesthetic injection.

After the operation, he went straight back to work before returning home in the evening and putting ice on the wound. He was able to resume having sex with his wife two days later.

'The clip is so tiny you can't feel it at all. If we can demonstrate to men that this is a relatively painless procedure, and easily reversible, we might see more willing to take the plunge,' he says.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-189494/Get-clip-snip.html#ixzz3AV0Pm6BG
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Aug 16, 2014 10:22:29 am
      I've got a rusty pair of garden shears handy if any one wants to do it on the quiet !
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9: Aug 16, 2014 10:36:16 am
      I got it done last year and everything was fine until he cut the first tube and my arse nearly went down through the gurney, proper F***ing pain and the strangest feeling I've ever had. My vegetables started to imitate buster gonads and stayed that way for a couple of weeks and believe it or not I've actually got a high pain threshold.

All worth it though, I can now jizz like a good un without worrying about any more little ginger shits angels being produced.

:jackoff: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6926 
      Reply #10: Aug 16, 2014 11:04:05 am
      Not a prude, but also not a big fan of testical displaying either.

Ha ha!  Gravestone phrase!

Thanks for everybody's graphic stories.  I sincerely hope no readers of this thread were about to go in for the op in the upcoming days!
      RedKennedys
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 16, 2014 10:27:35 pm

Yes, had it done 32 years ago at same hospital where missus was working so had friends of hers saying when we were going to meet for a few drinks again etc. Everything shaved and blowing in the wind with little bits of tissue paper where razor slipped. Thank God Youtube didn't exist...

Quick Reply