Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

What generation are you?

Read 7599 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      What generation are you?
      Aug 17, 2014 01:09:37 am
      I turned 40 in May this year.It's been 26 year's since i went to my first home game. In that time i can boast
      about being here there and everywhere on tour.
      Question i want to ask is how many out there are just internet fans on this site?
      All this crap about''out of towner's'' fan's etc. How many of you with the thousand's of post's
      are actually regular's to our game's?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: What generation are you?
      Reply #1: Aug 17, 2014 01:40:53 am
      I turned 40 in May this year.It's been 26 year's since i went to my first home game. In that time i can boast
      Question i want to ask is how many out there are just internet fans on this site?
      All this crap about''out of towner's'' fan's etc. How many of you with the thousand's of post's

36 now and this will be my 31st year of watching the reds at Anfield, went my first game aged 5, anny road dad and lad st holder from season 87/88 onwards, went on kop early teens so could go every game, younger brother went with my dad, did development agency pools scheme so could get a ticket once kop was redeveloped, also did 10-15 year stretch of away games (looking young helped getting kids tickets!!), done a couple of euro aways (including Dortmund and Istanbul, declined Athens and gave ticket away to brothers mate who sorted me with a flight to Istanbul) been going regular now since the rafa days on st we had moved into kop back in 2001. Probably miss the odd game here and there when I let my dad go.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2: Aug 17, 2014 01:53:31 am
      I have been a fan for only 7 years and have never been to a game at Anfield. Did go see them in Boston 2 years ago and Chicago this year. Hoping to see my first game at Anfield in March or April of next year.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Aug 17, 2014 02:29:53 am
      30 years old, been a fan since my 12 year. Unfortunatly never been to Anfield as I'm not so close to England, but hope that changes in near future. First time watched lads live in Ljubljana in 2003 against Olimpija Ljubljana in Uefa league. Still got ticket from that game  :)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #4: Aug 17, 2014 02:34:33 am
      Been a family member for about 33 years.
      Best decision I ever made!
      Been living here in Los Angeles for the last 15 years so it's near damn impossible to actually get to games but I watch every single game live over here. No matter the time or my work schedule. In fact, I often turn down jobs just so I am able to watch us play.
      When I was back in England, I went and saw our team play as much as I could,which was tricky due to living in Worcestershire and being away at school and university.
      I mostly saw us play in the flesh in the period between 85-96.
      Tomorrow I will get up at 430am to watch our opening game of the season before heading into work at 8am.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5: Aug 17, 2014 02:39:45 am
      Until I hit my early thirties, I'd get to 8-10 games a season, largely sitting in the home end at away games.  Harder to get tickets nowadays, much stricter on away  fans in the home end. 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6: Aug 17, 2014 02:52:53 am
      19, live in Essex and Brighton when at uni, been two couple games to see us but at Upton Park & Emirates, hopefully that'll change soon.

So can't say I see us week in week out I sure as hell love Liverpool as much as the next person.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7: Aug 17, 2014 06:13:14 am
      52, been a Red since 1976, didn't get to Anfield until 1984, moved down From Scotland, very lucky and privileged to see us play mainly at home for the best part of ten years, then different events happen in life that change or f**k things up, not been back for a longtime now so if anybody out there feels very charitable and sympathetic I'd love to hear from you, thank you,  oh and BTW it's my birthday on 25th, all you need to do is pm me, I'll love you forever & you can have my babies.

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #8: Aug 17, 2014 07:31:28 am
      I'm 23 years old and my father is die hard red so when I was a young child I have been watching Liverpool. After the World Cup 98 I (was 7 at that time) have started watching the Reds from the internet.

I'm Maltese and it is impossible to watch every game live at Anfield. I only went once Anfield but that does not make me lesser fan. I would die for Reds the same as a Scouser would.

My long distance relationship is brilliant, if I could live in Liverpool I would.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #9: Aug 17, 2014 07:56:05 am
      52, been a red since 1974.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #10: Aug 17, 2014 08:24:13 am
      I'm 23 been supporting since 98
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #11: Aug 17, 2014 08:37:00 am
      First memory was Rome 84 but got properly into supporting Liverpool during the double year of 1986 of which was also a World Cup year.

First game was Rushie's last home game against Watford before he went of to Juve for a year. I'm 35 now so been a red for a good 28/30 years.

Haven't got over to games nowhere as much as I'd have liked since my lad was born in 2010 which sort of ties in with me joining this forum.

He's at that age now so I'm looking to take him to his first game once the opportunity arises. Hopefully Villa. After that, if he enjoys the experience, the bug will probably return for me too especially as I'll have my little partner in crime with me.

Just need him to stop pretending to be Luis. Barcelona kits as well now.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: Aug 17, 2014 08:42:44 am

The last time I was at Anfield was 1990 and I still have the programmes so according to you I cannot be a Liverpool supporter. This attitude pisses me off as I have supported the Reds since 1947 when my Dad put me in the Boys Pen when it was in Kemlyn  Road. I have 3 grandsons who have never been to England never mind Liverpool and they are staunch L.F.C. supporters does that make them any less a supporter than you. I have seen so many highs and lows at Anfield and I have never wavered in my support of Liverpool Football Club. I  hope you can see through all this crap and recognise that out of towners  have the right to be supporters of our club.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #13: Aug 17, 2014 09:38:39 am
      It's an open question to everyone Billy. If you have the hump over not being able to get the jist of it and are looking for an arguement then piss off elsewhere it's not about that.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #14: Aug 17, 2014 09:40:24 am
      Im 19.Been 10 years since i started supporting Liverpool.I used to pick liverpool as my team back in 2003 when i used to play winning eleven.I started watching the football after i heard about istanbul.Since then I am a die hard red.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Aug 17, 2014 09:54:50 am
      It's an open question to everyone Billy. If you have the hump over not being able to get the jist of it and are looking for an arguement then piss off elsewhere it's not about that.

I am not looking for an argument but may be you should reconsider the last 2 lines of your post, as regards pissing off elsewhere I will go when I am ready .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Aug 17, 2014 10:08:22 am

what side of the bed did you get out of this morning.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17: Aug 17, 2014 10:12:55 am
      Did the evolutionary thing in the late 60's boys pen,Paddock, Annie road end then the Kop. Biggest game I remember was 1972 Roger Hunt testimonial.56000 sellout with thousands locked out.
      Don't go as often as I would like now it all depends on ticket availability usually family going on holiday and leaving a spare season ticket.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: Aug 17, 2014 10:28:47 am
      I am not looking for an argument but may be you should reconsider the last 2 lines of your post, as regards pissing off elsewhere I will go when I am ready .

Hi Billy. Reading the opening post I really don't think any offence was meant to anyone in it.

For me Im 36. While I seen games from the early 80s it was really when Kenny took over that I was fully hooked Especially from 88 Beardsley Barnes Aldridge. Though funny enough it was probably the Souness period where that unbreakable bond was formed. Early teens and I was introduced to new heroes in Fowler Macca Jones Redknapp and though they weren't successful I adored them
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #19: Aug 17, 2014 10:33:33 am
      In all honesty mate the tone of your post suggests you think less of us folk who rarely attend Liverpool games.

I've been a Liverpool fan since Michael Owen's days (I was only about 7/8). I live in Scotland, been down to Liverpool once but, for the life of me, couldn't get a ticket. It's my dream to visit Anfield and if I can get a ticket I'll be down there this very season. I can tell you though, I go through the exact same emotions as any other Liverpool fan, regardless of not being able to have seen them live.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #20: Aug 17, 2014 10:33:38 am
      The last time I was at Anfield was 1990 and I still have the programmes so according to you I cannot be a Liverpool supporter. This attitude pisses me off as I have supported the Reds since 1947 when my Dad put me in the Boys Pen when it was in Kemlyn  Road. I have 3 grandsons who have never been to England never mind Liverpool and they are staunch L.F.C. supporters does that make them any less a supporter than you. I have seen so many highs and lows at Anfield and I have never wavered in my support of Liverpool Football Club. I  hope you can see through all this crap and recognise that out of towners  have the right to be supporters of our club.

And well said Billy.
      I first went to Anfield with my Grandad when I was 4 yrs old. 1956,  (Dad had fu**ed off somewhere by then) I lived at 2 Hanbury Rd Clubmoor, then, but spent 4 years in Strawberry Field before Mother moved south. Been maniacal supporter ever since and as soon as I was old enough to travel on my own, got to most home matches, and a few away. Hitch hiking alone to lots of them.
      My sons (3) are all reds, but unfortunately I don't get to many matches nowadays due ticket availability and distance away. My eldest son does though. Whenever a ticket is up for grabs, he's off.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #21: Aug 17, 2014 10:37:57 am
      Hi Billy. Reading the opening post I really don't think any offence was meant to anyone in it.

For me Im 36. While I seen games from the early 80s it was really when Kenny took over that I was fully hooked Especially from 88 Beardsley Barnes Aldridge. Though funny enough it was probably the Souness period where that unbreakable bond was formed. Early teens and I was introduced to new heroes in Fowler Macca Jones Redknapp and though they weren't successful I adored them

Hello Brian, I took offence at the way the last 2 lines were worded, it was not about looking for an argument. Anyway Brian here's to the new season and a resounding win over Southampton.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22: Aug 17, 2014 10:40:32 am
      Hello Brian, I took offence at the way the last 2 lines were worded, it was not about looking for an argument. Anyway Brian here's to the new season and a resounding win over Southampton.

Indeed mate lets hope we can go that 1 step further then last year. Enjoy the game pal

Quick Reply